Thread: System Link 2 XBOXes?

Default System Link 2 XBOXes?

what do I need to System link 2 XBOXes? Will a standard Ethernet cable work, or do I have to go out and buy the special XBOX branded link cable

Default Re: System Link 2 XBOXes?

Originally posted by jhsu
    what do I need to System link 2 XBOXes? Will a standard Ethernet cable work, or do I have to go out and buy the special XBOX branded link cable
    Yeah the standard ethernet cable will work. If you want to hook 3 or more together just plug them all into your hub. I think that xbox one that they sell is just a way to get money.:wink:
    -Mark

XBA's Official Doctor Snake Eyez's Avatar

You require a crossover cable not just a ethernet cable. In order to use ethernet cables you need to connect them through a hub/switch/router. And no, brand won't matter.
    A democracy will continue to exist up until the time voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury

RIP DZ

oh, well i had never tried directly connecting them, so i just thought it'd work. But i know it works when you plug them into a hub. Good fun til your friend looks around when your on the other team and screen cheats! He brings his box over and we play live like that, good times. until he dropped my tv while getting it out.
    -Mark

wow thansk for the responses! one more question...I'm looking to play Rainbow 6 3 thru system link w/2 xboxes...what are the multiplayer options like? 4-player co-op/8 player deathmatch(or the equivalent)?

wow thansk for the responses! one more question...I'm looking to play Rainbow 6 3 thru system link w/2 xboxes...what are the multiplayer options like? 4-player co-op/8 player deathmatch(or the equivalent)?
    4 player coop(1 to each box), 16 player deathmatch(on live i'm not sure how many boxes you can hook together to play, i guess 16?)
    -Mark

XBA's Official Doctor Snake Eyez's Avatar

As far as I know, RS3 only allows one player per Xbox to play. So if you want some 4 player action you need 4 xboxs. Ghost recon allows two per Xbox.
    A democracy will continue to exist up until the time voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury

RIP DZ

Thread Information