Poll: Should I Get Silent Hill 2?

Thread: Silent Hill 2???????

Registered User Markus_Kalarkus's Avatar

Question Silent Hill 2???????

ok ya'll who here owns silent hill 2? is it a good game??? worth buying? cuz im buying a game and iw was thinking silent hill? ??
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Online ID [-ShAdOwZ-]RaptoR{L}

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I'm kind of curious, too. Is Silent Hill 2 any good? I like that it has some XBox additions to it...that makes it much more appealing to me...especially since I don't like ports.

Keep in mind that I have never played Silent Hill 1 or 2...but, is it still worth buying?

The game doesn't have that much action, but besides that it is a great game. It'll probably take around 5-6 hours to beat, but there's like 5 different endings so that should add some replay. The subquest is also a nice addition however anyone could beat it in less than an hour.

Bottom line, if you like pure action don't get this game cause it'll probably bore you. If you don't mind that, get it!

Originally posted by The Fn Show
    Yo i had it..it's very very short and not really that good...are u looking for action and maddd kills? cuz this game is meant to be spooky which it is! But if u want action go with MAx To Da PAYNE
    Yeah, I have Max Payne...and, it's nice The main reason why I was asking about Silent Hill 2 is because it has some XBox additions and I have never played it before. I understand that it is scary and stuff....which seems cool...But, I really don't want to buy a game just to "buy a game". I only want to get solid games that I know will be proud additions to my video game library. Like Morrowind, Unreal Championship, and Brute Force, for examples. I don't want any half-assed games. Know what I mean?!

Registered User Markus_Kalarkus's Avatar

Wink ya i know!!

ya i know exactly what u mean max!!! for my 64 i had 13 games and i only played like 3
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Online ID [-ShAdOwZ-]RaptoR{L}

Well, Markus...I decided not to get Silent Hill 2...as I explained on your other thread. It seems way too short...and I prefer Action games like Max Payne. I own this one and it's solid There's nothing that beats Bullet Time! Besides, Max Payne is coming out with a sequel, so, if you have never played it, you might want to pick it up before the sequel comes out!

WoW A Max Payne 2 can you give a link plz Maximus.

Tweaker

SH2 was terrible, too short, all you do is run around the streets, it wasnt scary at all, it prob wasnt even worth my rental.
    Live long and strong

Default Wrong

I bought Silent Hill 2 and I love it. The story drove me all the way to the end. That took me 2 days to beat with an official time of 10 hours and 1 minute. Thats standard for the survival horror genre. If you like Resident Evil, there is no reason why you won't like Silent Hill 2. I got scared a couple times in this game. Mostly this game is trying for a different kind of scare. Its not supposed to make you jump, its supposed to give you nightmares. Its supposed to disturb you. I'd give the game an 8.5 overall. I really liked it. I can't wait to play through Maria's quest and play through the whole game again as James, but this time with a faster time

Default im enjoying it

i rented SH2 yesterday, and i like it a whole lot. I think its a really cool, and extremely creepy game. The whole atmosphere of the game is horrifying and it keeps you on the edge of your seat, thinking "What the h3ll is going on here?'' Anyone who likes survival horror games will like this one.

But to anyone wanting to try it out and isnt a fan of its genre, then i suggest just renting it, never buy a game if your unsure, especially when they are $50

Tweaker

it took me 5 hrs on normal, pathetic
    Live long and strong

Originally posted by Toonz
    WoW A Max Payne 2 can you give a link plz Maximus.
    Toonz...I don't know of a link off-hand, however, when I opened my Max Payne game up, in the manual, and with an additional flyer, it stated that they are adding a sequel for sure

Kewl thanks for the response Maximus

Silent Hill 2 is a great game if you like adventure games and psychological terror - you probably won't enjoy it a whole lot if you're into more action-orientated, in-your-face stuff.

Personally it took me 9.5 hours to complete on the hardest puzzle difficulty, plus 49 minutes to complete the extra scenario. Not a long game, but there are five different endings and extra secrets about Silent Hill to discover when replayed.

Thread Information