Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need for Speed Underground 2 announced

Thumbs up Need for Speed Underground 2 announced

Electronic Arts has today announced that it will release Need for Speed Underground 2 for all current generation consoles and the Game Boy Advance this fall. Currently in development at EA Canada, the street racing sequel will boast a number of new features, including a free-roaming city environment comprising five distinct neighborhoods.

As they explore the city, players will encounter rival racers that can initiate contests, point them in the direction of racing hotspots, and show them where to buy the most sought-after licensed aftermarket parts for their cars. The game will feature 30 licensed vehicles and more than double the number of visual customization upgrades than were present in Need for Speed Underground--making for an impressive 70 billion possible car combinations.
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04...s_6094375.html
    Hidden Content

Thanks bretman1234 for the sig
    Hidden Content

I hate underground and I hate imports. Bring back Hot Pursuit or something that has real cars. Why must EA do this!
    ~Ninja's aren't supposed to be caught from behind, idiot~

Hidden Content

~What if i were to kill the one you love most? How far would you stray from what you just said? I can make you feel true pain~

Hidden Content

THE REAL BOSS

WOW This is bad ass, i loved the first one.. but like said above why can't it be muscle cars and exotics...
    RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

Not another damn one, we have our Need for Speed street racer now. Find a new theme EA, you conners!

Sweet! LOVED NFSU
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

BinaryXtreme

Wow, that's great! The first game has tons of customizing features and more additions will make this game a blast. The game play is great as well. Definitely a title I'll buy.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticMage-XBA
    WOW This is bad ass, i loved the first one.. but like said above why can't it be muscle cars and exotics...
    No Kidding Chaotic, I mean I loved the custom options in Underground, but the game would be a hell of alot better if they had some mean Vipers, some classics, and some exotic vehicles. To get me to buy this damn game they must have some better vehicles.

Hidden Content

~What if i were to kill the one you love most? How far would you stray from what you just said? I can make you feel true pain~

Hidden Content

Official Aussie of XBA™ Rochey69r's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Il Palazzo
    I hate underground and I hate imports. Bring back Hot Pursuit or something that has real cars. Why must EA do this!
    Its a shame that 90% of americas population dosnt agree with you. idiot.

I wish it could be muscle cars but I still like this game. Maybe they will put it on XBL.

Quote Originally Posted by Playya
    I wish it could be muscle cars but I still like this game. Maybe they will put it on XBL.
    i dont see why they couldnt put muscle cars in it, they obviously got the idea from the game from The Fast and The Furious, they had muscle cars in 2Fast 2Furious, they could have exotic cars in it too, cause by the time u have all the upgrades n **** in the game the cars are going 220mph, about the same as a Ferrari and McLaren, they could just be unlockable once u have all the upgrades or something
    Hidden Content

I liked NFS more when it was the races with the cops chasing you. Now it's getting into street racing.....with no cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochey69r
    Its a shame that 90% of americas population dosnt agree with you. idiot.

I think it may be the other way around. All you dumbass kids are all wild about those ****ty ass imports. Ooo look I got a tricked out S2000 with this tight rear spoiler. Listen to me crank up my 15's and let blast my rap. I smoke anything on the road with my little ass 4 cylinder with nos. Get a life, imports suck and you know it. American Muscle owns you.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

You can't go judging a game without even knowing everything about it. Maybe there will be cops. Maybe there will be exotic/muscle cars. You never know.
    Games i own: Halo 2, Burnout 3: Takedown, Rainbow Six: Black Arrow, Splinter Cell:Pandora Tomorrow, Ninja Gaiden, Unreal II, Midtown Madness 3, Halo, State of Emergency.

Sweet, NFSU was an amazing game. Hopefully the sequel will be just as cool.
    *Proud to be in the LXG and the 101st Spec Ops*

niiiiiice... i loved the first one... cant wait for this and all the new features

Official Aussie of XBA™ Rochey69r's Avatar

Thumbs down Idiot

I think it may be the other way around. All you dumbass kids are all wild about those ****ty ass imports. Ooo look I got a tricked out S2000 with this tight rear spoiler. Listen to me crank up my 15's and let blast my rap. I smoke anything on the road with my little ass 4 cylinder with nos. Get a life, imports suck and you know it. American Muscle owns you.
    Ok. For starters why don't you see them making an american muscle game? Because they are aiming at the mass market. With that said the mass market of videogamers are males aged 15-28. It seems to me that males in this age group prefer a 'tricked out S2000 with a tight rear spoiler' as you put it, than some 1969 Chev Corvette'. Besides S2000 is a bad example. If your gonna knock rice burners then at least knock the more popular models like, Nissan Skyline's or Toyota Supra's. American muscle dosnt own anyone idiot. However i just OwNeD your dumb ass

agreed. Id take a hemi over some p.o.s import tubocharged an nos-ed up.

Rotten Meat

Um...actuallt they DID release American Muscle games....like Ford Racing and Corvette....you can find them currently in the $5.99 bargin-bins at your local Cheapo Deepo. Thats the problem. Your never going to get a GOOD AM car game b/c there is not a big enuff market for it. I love old school cars, but I also drive a 97 Nissan 200sx se-r. I can get the parts to fix up my car anywhere I want (not Joes Hot hod shop that only caters to 50+ year olds anymore), my can can beat a stock 5.0, and I can drive the 4 hour trip to Dallas and back on a single tank of gas. Can a Hemi do that?

Yep,thats the pathetic effectThe Fast & Furious has had on our culture.
    Lime green Nissans in every small town across the nation.
    Little red-headed hillbillies talkin bout nos.
    Last edited by Max33; 04-26-2004 at 09:05 AM.

Rotten Meat

Um Max....Im from San Diego origionally, served in Japan for a year, and was finally stationed at Ft. Sill Oklahoma, liked the area and decided to stay here. I am no hill-billy....and besides the term hillbillie is a more "easetern" term. We use Red-necks.

Oh, and it is a White car not Lime Green...

EDIT: Oh and I'm not talking NOS...in a term you would understand, it is "blown" or turbo-charged.

Thread Information