Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo via Gamespy

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Default Halo via Gamespy

Dudes...I have broken down and I finally am going to get my Halo on-line fix via GameSpy. Does anyone know of the link where I can download the GameSpy software?

Thanks!

Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Thumbs down wow....

i wish my comp.
    could download and play
    games/ cds
    somethings wrong w/ the drive
    does that mean ill never be
    able to go on?
    ughh
    aww..thats ok though...
    i still love my XBOX
    XBOXERS,XBOXERS,XBOXERS
    ps2? gamecube?
    please...dont make me laugh...:~-()

XBOX IS THE BEST!
    XBOX IS THE STRONGEST!
    XBOX IS THE FUTURE!!

XXXX
    BBBB
    OOO
    XXXX
    XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX

MaNdI

Portable Mammogramistâ„¢ DrUnKtAnK's Avatar

Default Co-op play with Gamespy tunnel

Does anyone know if you can play co-op on Halo through GameSpy? I haven't had a chance to check out the online options yet....Just curious.

Does anyone know if you can play co-op on Halo through GameSpy? I haven't had a chance to check out the online options yet....Just curious.
    YEP!

Portable Mammogramistâ„¢ DrUnKtAnK's Avatar

Smile

Sweet thanks EGG!

Originally posted by Lynxfx
    Gamespy Arcade download page

Gamespy Tunnel Software direct link

Have fun buddy.
    Thanks, Lynxfx! Do I need to download both of those? I have to do it from my home computer, which I will do tonight. After I get off of work this evening, I'm going to stop at Electronics Boutique to pick up a Switch.

I have my eyes on the Linksys 10/100 5 port Workgroup Switch. Have you ever heard of that? I guess it's aroudn $50 or so...I already have a couple patch cables at home. If figure that this Switch will be sweet in the long run as I can also use it to link up to four XBoxes for supreme LAN play

No prob Maximus,

Yes you need both. The tunnel software you only have to run once then forget. Then to connect to games you will be running the gamespy arcade software. Once logged on you will see "xbox" on the left side and after the annoying ads you will finally see the three xbox games that gamespy supports. Click on Halo and you will go to the halo chatroom and can join a game from there.

That switch sounds like a sweet deal.

Egg,

Are you sure about that? I hadn't heard that you could play a co-op mission through gamespy, like the actual game of halo, not multiplayer maps. I admit I never tried but hadn't seen anyone else try either.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Maximus, was it you that just LAST NIGHT says there was 100% chance that you were gonna wait???

Originally posted by Maximus

I have my eyes on the Linksys 10/100 5 port Workgroup Switch. Have you ever heard of that? I guess it's aroudn $50 or so...I already have a couple patch cables at home. If figure that this Switch will be sweet in the long run as I can also use it to link up to four XBoxes for supreme LAN play
    Why only use four of the ports?
    Is that a limitation of Halo?

Anyway, here is one for $21 if you're interested:

http://www.store.yahoo.com/i-market/sw5por10nway.html

Originally posted by skoot182
    Maximus, was it you that just LAST NIGHT says there was 100% chance that you were gonna wait???
    lol....probably...but, like I said, I finally broke down...I need Halo on-line...I admit it....Yes, I'm weak like that

< heavy "groundskeeper willie" accent >

YU VEEKLING!!!!

< /accent >

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

Why only use four of the ports?
    Is that a limitation of Halo?

Anyway, here is one for $21 if you're interested:

http://www.store.yahoo.com/i-market/sw5por10nway.html
    Wow! Thanks Hugh...and thanks for the reply, too, Lynxfx! I'll look into that Switch, Hugh...it seems to me that saving a little ca$h always makes good sense!

I'm curious, though, my fellow-XBoxaddict buddies - this is in regards to actually installing everything. This is what I know or am guessing:

First, I only have one Ethernet port on the back of my Dell computer. Right now, my broadband cable modem is plugged into it. So, that being the case, I figure I need to un-plug the cable modem from the back of my computer and plug it into the uplink port on the switch. Then, simply take one of my CAT 5 patch cables, plug one end into the computer, and one into one of the ports in the Switch...then, another CAT 5 patch cable into another port and the other end into my XBox. Before doing all of this, of course, I'm sure I need to download both of the Gamespy software downloads.

Is this correct? Is it really that easy? Or am I missing something here?

Thumbs up 'Grats Max

I wouldn't say you are weak Max, actually strong for holding out as long as you did
    Hidden Content

What the world, needs now, is love, sweet love!

As far as I know, that is the way....I'm not online yet, but thanks to Hugh's link to that switch, I might be real soon. Thanks Hugh, that looks like a sweet deal.

Default Re: 'Grats Max

Originally posted by Jason-XBA
    I wouldn't say you are weak Max, actually strong for holding out as long as you did
    lol...For some reason, I like your way of thinking better than Skoot's! hehe

Last weekend, I had three buddies over and we hooked up two XBoxes and played Halo's multi-player with four total people...and, we played for six hours and it, truly, only felt like one or two hours! lol...that's how much fun it was!

By the way, I won every single round...so, on-line gamers, beware!

looks like we wont be seeing max as much,,, hehehehe why did you wait so long to join us @ gamespy it totally kicks ((__)_#))
    the linksys 5 port workgroup hub you mentioned earlier is the one im using my self 2 cat5 cables the tunnel software and viola !!! if i bumbled my way through it im sure anyone can,, just like splitting home cable for 2 tvs

btw the users over there have doubled since ive first joined
    I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!,,,,,. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hidden Content

Originally posted by Msterrrr
    looks like we wont be seeing max as much,,, hehehehe why did you wait so long to join us @ gamespy it totally kicks ((__)_#))
    the linksys 5 port workgroup hub you mentioned earlier is the one im using my self 2 cat5 cables the tunnel software and viola !!! if i bumbled my way through it im sure anyone can,, just like splitting home cable for 2 tvs

btw the users over there have doubled since ive first joined
    Dude! That's awesome to hear! I can't wait until I get this Switch hooked up. One question, though...do you experience any lag time from this Switch? I hear that Switches, like this one, are better than a traditional HUB since it gives 100% to each port rather than all of the ports sharing.

All I know is that you will see me tonight if you go there I plan on showing you guys what a bullet looks like between the eyes from 200 meters away hehe...Man, I love this game...too bad we don't have the Communicator yet...I would talk so much trash!

i really dont know to much about the whole switch vs, hub topic but i do know a switch gives two pcs its own dedicated bandwidth not really needed for this app,, anyway,, im using a hub ,, and as far as lag goes sometimes there is and times there isnt,,, if i do get a laggy game i just move on till i find a lag free one,, depends ping's
    also i have much better luck with lag free games if im hosting

see ya in blood gultch i'll be packing my pistol figure i'll get 6,,, 7 rds off while your reloading sniper hehehehe

GATTMAN
    I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!,,,,,. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hidden Content

Frostberg

lol my $5.99 crossover cable is all I need, dont have to buy a costly hub and the like.

And BTW, you CANT play co-op on gamespy...theres no way to do it because it just lets you pick a level, no where to check your LAN for other xboxes. You can only play on the system link option, and this is good enough.

Thread Information