Thread: Has anyone tried NHL 2002?

Default Has anyone tried NHL 2002?

If so, is it as good as ign.com says it is? Ign gave it a 9.0.

Default NHL Rules (for PC at least)

The NHL series has been a staple in my house since 2000... got it cheap for PC and was addicted... in 2001, I finally got a challenge because the AI was way suped up and customizability... 2002 is **** near impossible. The only way I can score is defelctions and occasional luck. I love being able to play a 1 nothing game and not feel cheated. I have no idea how it runs on Xbox, but if the PC version is any indication, the NHL series only gets better each year and 2002 is top of the line right now.

-Big Ben

i have to say, i have been a HUGE fan of the NHL series, it started in 1996 for comp, then i went to 98 then got 99 for 64, then 2000-2002 for comp. Then i tried 2002 for XBox, and the graphics and gameplay was pretty good, but one thing that REALLY REALLY turned me away from this game was the controllers response. I would push a button and there would be a delay before anything happened....i dont know if it was my game, but that really sucked.

based on what i played i would only give it a 7, but i would give the computer version a 9

Lightbulb NHL 2002

Great game!!!!

Played for hours once recieved in the mail, because I got it off of ebay.

This game is a true classic and a game you shouldn't miss out on. If you do then it is like that cherry that is not on your chocolate sundae. Get the game and Crush People with big hitz and big offensive goals from the blue line. Play it and you won't stop breaking teeth.

The dentist sure will be busy.

It's a really really great game, I just played in on my Xbox (rented it) and i'll admit, it looks great, but I prefer my PC version for it's color's.

Did the developer's wash the gameplay uniforms and equipment in javex bleech or something ? The colors are faded, apart from that, BEST sound ever in a hockey game, the gameplay is tight! The AI is very ajustable, once you get better you can crank up certain aspects of the AI. Really great customizability. The NHL Cards feature makes it a little bit funner, adding challenges and a little bit of arcade elements to the game. It's a definite buy if you don't already have it!

If you have it on PC though, your not missing anything, because you've already gotten it and you know how much fun the online play is!

played it...and it wasn't all its cracked up to be..best bet to wait till next year, i mean if u never played the NHL series then u'll love it, but if ur a veteran , skip it..

VIDEO GAMER SINCE 1976 GamerSince'76's Avatar

I had this game for my PC. EA sPORTS turned a great game (NHL 2001) into a childish sim.

Please tell me EA did away with that annoying Don Taylor, NHL Cards which are childish, "The Sims" as the crowd, and the distracting Breakaway camera complete with heartbeat.

They could have put some good features in the game in place of all that trash. For example: Create a goalie mask, realistic fights, national anthems, good color man etc.

I love hockey but will wait and rent NHL 2003 for the Xbox first.

Thumbs down

I was a bit disappointed with the camera. It keeps you too far from the action. The ice camera closer in previous years. There also used to be a 'chase' camera which was a bit too close (couldn't see all the players), but at least you had this option.

EA Sports has always made kick ass hockey games ever since like 94 is the first one I ever got.

Its hockey of coarse it kicks ass
    Is sex dirty? Only when it's being done right.

Thread Information