Thread: Street Fighter goes Xbox Live

Thumbs up Street Fighter goes Xbox Live

Capcom Entertainment announced today that Street Fighter Anniversary Collection will not only appear on Xbox, it will appear on Xbox Live this fall 2004. That's right, as part of Street Fighter's 15-year anniversary, Capcom is bringing this massive 2D fighting compilation to the big black box.

The compilation comprises Hyper Street Fighter II and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, which includes the entire contents of the Japanese anniversary disc, Hyper Street Fighter II. And players can get online for one-on-one fights for endless competitions of the classic 2D arcade brawler.

Hyper Street Fighter II gives gamers the opportunity to play as any of the fighters from Street Fighter II, Street Fighter II Champion Edition, Street Fighter II Hyper Fighter, Street Fighter II: The New Challengers, and Super Street Fighter II Turbo. So, imagine fighting as Ryu or Ken from Street Fighter II with the more advanced Ryu or Ken from Super Street Fighter II Turbo, and you'll get the picture.

Hyper Street Fighter II features three game modes, Arcade mode, where you face off against AI opponents to fight the final boss; Vs. Mode, in which gamers fight mano a mano; and Training Mode, where they train. Gallery offers each game's introductions and their corresponding music tracks.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike offers up 19 playable fighters including Makodo, Q, Twelve, and Remy. And making a cameo appearance (is it really any surprise?) visit is Chun Li.

This game also offers three game modes, Arcade Mode (a direct conversion from the arcade), Vs. Mode, and Training Mode. It also enables players to evaluate their performances in the Grade Judge Match, participate in an interesting Progressive Hit Frame System, perform Super Arts Moves, and confront enemies using a Leap Attack.
    http://xbox.ign.com/articles/512/512237p1.html
    Hidden Content

Thanks bretman1234 for the sig
    Hidden Content

thats awesome. i think more original revised games shud be xboxlive compatible. heh old style street fighter on xbl... i think ill have to pick that one up!

awesome...i love street fighter II...i will definatly have to get this. I wish they would do this with alot of other old 2d fighters.

a mortal kombat compilation disk..with online versions of all of the 2D mortal kombat games
    or
    samuraii showdown

They should do a 3D street fighter or remake the Street Fighter Alpha Ex....

They should sell this game for 5 dollars.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Rotten Meat

Its 2D......

I admit. I LOVED this game when SF2 came out. I can't tell you how many quarters I spent or how many times I could do Guiles Flash Kick and catch you every time you came down with another one. But come on.......the game still looks the same 10 years later???? Atleast inovate a LITTLE....bigger arenas, interactive arenas SOMETHING. I know that part of the apeal is that is a 'perdy 2D anime lookin game....but there really has been NOTHIN new for this series...

Im playin Dead or Alive Ultimate...woot!

I am all over 2D games. Which is one reason why I loved Capcom on the Dreamcast. Thanks for the news.

I can see the big shots sitting in a coference room...

"We need a game, we already made about 18 Street fighters IIs...whats the next step"

45 minutes of silence

"Street fighter II Super Happy edition, We can give ryu another color outfit!"

Another 30 minutes of silence

"I GOT IT!!! LETS MAKE MORE MONEY OFF OF STREET FIGHTER II AND MAKE THIS ONE ONLINE!!! I KNOW ITS ABOUT 12 YEARS TO LATE, BUT LETS DO IT!!"

Hate to say it, But street fighter needs to stay in my memories of the early 90's. Its 2004 now. Wake up you money soaking sponge named Capcom. Havent you exploited the Street fighter fans enough already?
    Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 05-07-2004 at 03:54 PM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

This game will die like all others when Halo 2 comes out this Fall.

I'm forced to sum this news up using the words of E-Honda: "Gloof goit!!" or whatever he says when he does the head roll winning pose .

they also said Marvel Vs Capcom was going to be LIVE, then like a month before release or something, they took it out, so I'll wait and see :P

Would be awesome to play some SF2 on LIVE though ^_^
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by Variation
    they also said Marvel Vs Capcom was going to be LIVE, then like a month before release or something, they took it out, so I'll wait and see :P

Would be awesome to play some SF2 on LIVE though ^_^
    wasnt it the speed of MvC2 that made it so hard to go on live?...
    but still FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY!!! 3rd strike is unreal!!! ahhhh this is awesome news!! Street Fighter will never die!!

Thread Information