Thread: A small problem

"shut the f**k up donnie" TheWheelMan's Avatar

Question A small problem

Recently I rented Enter the matrix and Hunter the reckoning the problem that I noticed In the games I was playing Is that some of the music would skip in Enter the matrix and all the sound would just go for a few seconds and then come back in Hunter but It would get worse the more you played now I thought to myself there rented games its prolly just some scratches on the disks causing the problem but I went and checked my soundtracks and noticed that well only 2 songs that I could find....I didnt check every song but the 2 songs did skip in the beginning like a few seconds not that big of a deal but im worried I dont want my xbox to malfunction I just got It In december anyways I called the xbox support line and they told me it might be a shorted out AV Cable so they suggested I tryed another and see but I dont really know anyone else with an xbox (I dont really know many people) so ya If anyone has some input on this trying matter Id be happy to hear It.

p.s and If by any chance anyone Is wondering why I havent posted In a few days Its because my computer likes to be a little *****!!!! and I need to get It reformated well bye all
    Last edited by TheWheelMan; 05-13-2004 at 12:03 AM.
    My Games - Grand theft auto: San Andreas, Thief: Deadly Shadows, The Punisher, Mercenaries, Jade Empire, Splinter cell: Pandora Tomorrow, Splinter cell: Chaos Theory, Operation Flashpoint: Elite, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Psi Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy, Phantom Crash, Shenmue 2, Beyond Good and Evil, Far Cry Instincts, Breakdown, The Warriors, Chronicles of Ridd.ick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Tenchu: Return from darkness, Jaws Unleashed, Driver: Parellel Lines, Gladius, Just Cause, Indigo Prophecy, Flatout 2, Oddworld: Strangers Wrath, Urban Chaos: Riot Response, Men of Valor, Advent Rising, Otogi: Myth of demons

could be a multitude of things, such as your hd, dvd-rom, or the av cable. Either way it is a problem. I would suggest a exchange.

Aye sure. I'll just give you my address then will I?

TheWheelMan, sorry to hear about your computer problems. I know that formatting thing all too well myself. Anyway, as far as your X-Box is concerned, I would have to agree with Shaggy. As it'll still be under warranty, the best thing to do would probably be exchange it. Obviously it would be good to make a backup of your game saves. You could try the Max Drive for that. It would let you keep your saves on your computer. I hope that's some use. Sorry not be more use.
    I am a smelly nerd with no friends.

Well to tell you the truth it isnt the biggest of deals its not like anything graphical is happening but im ganna keep a watch for any games i play and see if anything happens cause right now i have no money for a Memory unit or That max drive thing although i would love to have one of those new Green machines Canada's answer to the special edition halo xbox but you get 2 games with this bad boy anyway i could get my xbox exchanged??? i didnt know because i thought you had to buy the warranty or something i got it at Electronics Boutique around the 2nd-15th of december i cant remember the exact date but ya get back to me and update me with anymore info you have.....Much appreciated

p.s wont i need a something to prove i bought it there???
    My Games - Grand theft auto: San Andreas, Thief: Deadly Shadows, The Punisher, Mercenaries, Jade Empire, Splinter cell: Pandora Tomorrow, Splinter cell: Chaos Theory, Operation Flashpoint: Elite, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Psi Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy, Phantom Crash, Shenmue 2, Beyond Good and Evil, Far Cry Instincts, Breakdown, The Warriors, Chronicles of Ridd.ick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Tenchu: Return from darkness, Jaws Unleashed, Driver: Parellel Lines, Gladius, Just Cause, Indigo Prophecy, Flatout 2, Oddworld: Strangers Wrath, Urban Chaos: Riot Response, Men of Valor, Advent Rising, Otogi: Myth of demons

If the legislation where you live is anything like it is here (Ireland/UK), you should get at least a six month warranty on any electrical equipment you purchase. There should (hopefully) have been some documentation relating to this in with your X-Box. Then again, I'm only going on the way things are with it here. It might not be the same where you live.

ya i hear yah my primary objective right now is to obtain a job and then make some cash then go get me a memory unit and a special edition xbox......1 question do you know how much memory you can store on the unit like you check the games in your memory on the xbox and sometimes there like 500 blocks a piece can you store that much on the card???

Further coverage on my xbox crisis........i rented DOA3 earlyer on and when i first tryed starting it up nothing happened i couldnt get it to play for like 5 min i wipped the disk a few times and it finally did play but at the beginning the sound skipped quite abit and ya i could tell something just wasnt right but its like the opposite of what happened with the other games it got better the longer i played by the time i had turned it off everything was fine and the music or sounds wasnt skipping at all now im still really worried cause my xbox is my baby i love it o soo much but ya if anymore info could be given it would be much appreciated.......although the reality of the situation is i will eventually have to get a new xbox but im wondering if maybe i should just wait for the xbox 2???

That thing will blow up long before Xbox 2.
    Move quickly.

Absolutely. If you find you're still under warranty, the best thing to do would probably be copy off all your game saves and switch it for a new one. It's your right to do so.

I highly doubt its going to blow up but what really pisses me off is why did this have to happen AND TO ME XBOX lol it sucks but ill try to replace it and if not then i need to wait till some cash comes my way

Thread Information