Thread: Xbox DDR Pads

Default Xbox DDR Pads

i picked up Dance Dance Revolution today, it came with the madcatz dance pad. i was wondering what ur guys's thoughts on the madcatz pad compared to others are. im wondering if i shud invest into a second higher quality one or just stick with this kind.

Never played with a Mad Catz, but the one that usually comes with the game is pretty durable. Mad Catz products are pretty lousy so I doubt it will last a long time.

If your going to get into it hardcore, look at import sites and find a hard plastic pad. They are more durable, dont slide and easier to use, but they are quite alot more.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

yea the madcatz is the one it came with. on the bag it says it comes with a 5 year warrenty... so i guess it must be strong if they are gonna garuntee 5 years

I have the offical Konami pad and it is problay the best no insert soft pad. I've played with a lot of the generic PS2 pad and they suck. I would suggest that you play with the mad catz until you get too good for it or it breaks and get this....http://store.yahoo.com/ddrgame/nexbdaredeig.html That is a 3rd party knock off of this....http://www.redoctane.com/ignitionpad.html and this is the best xbox pad you could buy http://www.redoctane.com/redoctanemetalpad.html
    RB

Like NorCal suggest the RedOctane pads are the best you can get. The metal pad is just as good if not better then the arcade cabinets pad. and the Ignition Pad is also great.
    Hidden Content
    Currently Playing
    Fable (Xbox)
    Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox)
    Guilty Gear X2 #Reload (Xbox)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionX
    Never played with a Mad Catz, but the one that usually comes with the game is pretty durable. Mad Catz products are pretty lousy so I doubt it will last a long time.
    I'm not sure about the dance pad, but, I agree with you for the most part, except the Mad Catz steering wheel (the one with the foot pedals, etc) is friggin' sick!

ah thats good to no about the wheel because i was tlakin to a friend that has DDR, and he says he has the madcatz wheel and he is gonna let me try it so i can mabye buy it off him for pretty cheap. as for the DDR ill just stick with this until i outgrow it or it breaks and then ill consider investing in a much more expensive one

Depends on how you play Dance Dance Revolution (Beginner, Light, Standard, Heavy). Beginner-light and mostly Standard the mad catz is fine. Heavy, since your moving fast, could slide, and make the pad come together. RedOctane is what you wanna go with for DDR pads, or the official Konami Pad.

Dance Games are for the Arcades, I've never seen a good dance mat at a affordable price and doubt I ever will.
    Metal and Hard is the way to go. With Popcorn stains.

Thread Information