Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Amazing Video Game Moment

Default Most Amazing Video Game Moment

I know, maybe it sounds corny, but oh well. Name the most stunning, touching, amazing, etc. moment in a game that you have ever witnessed, such as during gameplay or cutscenes.

I think mine would have to be either the Parachute drop on D-Day from Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead, or some of the parts of Stalingrad in COD, such as rushing Red Square right at the beginning. They made a chill run up my spine, as did the opening video for COD (great game BTW).

Many of the cut-scenes from Resident Evil 2.

That cut-scene from Halo where the team gets attacked by the Flood and is whiped out.

I used to post here a lot.

A couple years ago I was playing one of my freinds in Madden 2002 on PS2. I had like 5 seconds left and was deep in my own territory down by 6. I threw a LONG hail mary which was caught and ran in for the td. I made the extra point and won it.

Sounds generic but that really is the single greatest moment I can think of. Not just what happened and how it happened... but also all of the trash talking that was going on while we were playing. He was at my house and there was also other freinds there that witnessed it.
    Last edited by peejay; 06-15-2004 at 09:44 PM.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="Hidden Content classid="clsid Hidden Content NAME=quality VALUE=high> Hidden Content quality=high bgcolor=#000000 WIDTH="400" HEIGHT="120" NAME="stats" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Get what you can. Can what you get. And sit on your can."

when i got Battlefield 1942 when it just came out, watching the intro video was awesome, all the planes bombing and ships, i was stunned

The PSKT is for...

My teammate and I each got a Killtacular (4 kills within about 5 seconds) in the same 4 vs. 4 match in Halo on Saturday.

The Addict Formerly Known as Hidden Content / PapaSKooT-XBA

My first Xbox Live experience, on NBA 2k3. I was down by 1, not sure what the score was, but I had the Celtics and he had the Kings. Inbounded the ball with 3 seconds to Walter McCarty, who went on to nail the jumper and seal the deal in my first ever Xbox Live game played. That was incredible. The guy I was playing was real cool and congratulated me and stuff. Ahh the good times

I think I may have just changed mine from The first time I saw the Flood, to the first time I killed somebody with a baseball bat in Manhunt.

The young... and annoying Young_Fledgling's Avatar

i used to play counter-strike a lot. For about a string of a month i became incredibly good at it (or damn lucky) and i was in the top 15 in the world. I dont remember exactly what number i got to. It was on www.theclq.com

that was pretty sweet.

I also loved when i beat mario 1 and 3 on the nes.

when i beat X-men in the arcades.. i was around 8-9 yrs old... wolverine is THE SHIIIIIIIIII.................. . . . . .best gaming memory eVER. i rmemebr everyone leaving all the games and comin to surround me and this kid who were beating it... oh man thats a gaming memory right there... i remember my fingers being sore after i beat it lol. and magneeto still got away!!
    My signature violates TOS, so it was taken away

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

That would probably be when I got my Hate BP for my Iksar Shaman in Everquest. I went to so many Hate Raids it wasn't even funny. I was without my BP for so long...I was so happy. It was the highlight of my whole EQ career. Now -- in today's day and age of EQ, that bp is worth about as much as the tunic you get when you start a level 1 char.

Quote Originally Posted by Ford_Mustang
    I know, maybe it sounds corny, but oh well. Name the most stunning, touching, amazing, etc. moment in a game that you have ever witnessed, such as during gameplay or cutscenes.

I think mine would have to be either the Parachute drop on D-Day from Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead, or some of the parts of Stalingrad in COD, such as rushing Red Square right at the beginning. They made a chill run up my spine, as did the opening video for COD (great game BTW).

Of course youd like those cut scenes you ole history junkie..

I had a great moment on Halo when I rocketed an enemy banshee in the air.. And it went hurtling to the ground at a pack of its fellow covenant.. They began to run.. But it landed atop the most of them.. I sharted myself right then and there.

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit
    Of course youd like those cut scenes you ole history junkie..
    Word......

I'd have to say when I got really good at Counter-Strike. Man that was a kick ass summer. When I was good, I was good. I remember one game I had the highest score in the game(not playing with noobies either, some really, really good people). I was playing strictly with the scout and pistol. I was playing without the scope on the scout. This may not seem like much, but I had like 5 times the score of the next guy in line.

Another time It was pretty much the same thing, but all I used was the USP. Damn, I wish I was still that good at that game.

nG-nExT GeNeraTion ClaN Jayhawk's Avatar

Mine has to be when my clan and I won our first Halo tourney it was so awesome. 9 Hours straight of amazing Halo gameplay, the series was tied 3-3 and the final game was Oddball Derelect. We ended up winning by 2 minutes and it was freakin awesome..

Best cutscene I've ever seen was when Sephiroth killed Cloud's girlfriend in FF7. I almost cried.. Awesome scene. Sephiroth was my favorite RPG villian ever.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Oh yes, it will be here
    Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="468" height="60" name="xad" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

GRAVEDIGGER

Well i cant really think of one, but off the top of my head i'd have to say that at was the cut-scene in HALO that introduced the "FLOOD" the cutscenes were pretty dramatic and they added great suspence and excitement

Slowride

Not much time left on the clock, down by 7. Went all the way down the field and scored as time expired, went for 2 and won the game I wouldn't reccomend the going for 2 part, just take it to overtime

Quote Originally Posted by TRIR-XBA
    Best cutscene I've ever seen was when Sephiroth killed Cloud's girlfriend in FF7. I almost cried.. Awesome scene. Sephiroth was my favorite RPG villian ever.
    Yeah, i'd have to agree that that was my most memorable.....even though a friend of mine had already ruined it for me and told me it was gonna happen
    "Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination." - Mark Twain

I've got alot.
    -Sephiroth killing Aries in the end of Disk 1 of Final Fantasy VII
    -The ending to Kingdom Hearts (finished it yesterday)
    -Flood wiping out Marines
    -Being the God of the Original Rainbow Six
    -Losing my last life, on Hard, of Contra III: The Alien Wars because I didn't know there were 2 final bosses on Hard mode.
    -Completing Hot Shots Golf 3
    -Getting an 11,000,000+ combo on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
    -Getting "extreme" excitement on a roller coaster in Roller Coaster Tycoon
    -Intro to D-Day of MOH: Frontline (sadly the only good part of the game)
    -Continuing my undefeated streak in DOA3 (still havn't lost)
    -Being ranked #25 in Unreal Championship and put on xbox.com
    ...more when I think of them

Everytime I beat a game ...

Any of the nights on XBL kicking it with the boys ... especially back in the day with GR

After DZ scored a touchdown to go up on me by 6 with less than 10 seconds to go and I ran the kick back on him to win in ESPN
    Take your gaming to the Next Level. Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

DZ ... Thanks for all the good times. You will be missed.

Thread Information