Thread: EGM Destroys Far Cry: Instincts, DRIV3R dissapoints, NCAA Foot. takes GotM.

Default EGM Destroys Far Cry: Instincts, DRIV3R dissapoints, NCAA Foot. takes GotM.

Far Cry: Instincts - "How Was It? Something tragic must have happened on the way from PC to Xbox, because at its core, Instincts is rotting: Sluggish play, cardboard cutout vegetation (the game doesn't look nearly as good as the screenshots would indicate), and dim-witted enemy A.I. make this island anything but gaming paradise. Ubisoft, give this one some immediate attention."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DRIV3R Review: Scores
    8.5: "The fact that DRIV3R is such a frustration-free game ultimately makes it a short-lived one--the story's over quickly, and there's little incentive to play for much longer. Even so, this is the first game to successfully mix death-on-the-freeway antics with a plot you might actually care about, and it's worth a shot for that alone."

7.5: "DRIV3R is solid, and as [8.5] said, it's certainly better than previous GTA-inspired efforts. It works mostly because of its great driving--each car handles beautifully, and the impressive physics engine makes accidental crashes worth the insurance hit. The on-foot missions aren't as hot, although it doesn't take too long to get the hang of the stiff control style."

6.5: "The Grand Theft Auto connection has already been made, but here's the vital Cliffs Notes version: DRIV3R has way better graphics but fewer missions, a fraction of the replay value, and probably even more bugs. The cities are meticulously, amazingly crafted, but you won't even visit huge chunks of them, unless you're in Take a Ride mode, and then, as [7.5] noted, there's not too much to do but marvel at the scenery."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NCAA Football 2005 (Game of the Month) Scores:

9.0: "Yep, NCAA splits the uprights with premiere pigskin play that's worthy of any armchair QB's attention."

9.5: "...inching ever closer to perfection, EA Sports made a great game better..."

9.0: "When asked to identify my favorite game ever, I have a quick answer: "Whatever the latest edition of NCAA Football is." It's still true for 2005..."

I think that your title is a little misleading. Although a little dissapointing, Drive-three-er did get one 8.5!

Hrm....I'll have to try it at work first then I guess =/
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Ill rent all those games
    Hidden Content

R.I.P my friend

Driv3r isn't short at all, I dunno what moron would think it is. It's very challenging as well.

As for Far Cry, I didnt like the PC version, so I doubt ill like the xbox version.

I can't wait for NCAA 2005.

"shut the f**k up donnie" TheWheelMan's Avatar

By the sounds of it far cry: insticts is going to be similar to the poorly done mafia for the xbox
    My Games - Grand theft auto: San Andreas, Thief: Deadly Shadows, The Punisher, Mercenaries, Jade Empire, Splinter cell: Pandora Tomorrow, Splinter cell: Chaos Theory, Operation Flashpoint: Elite, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Psi Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy, Phantom Crash, Shenmue 2, Beyond Good and Evil, Far Cry Instincts, Breakdown, The Warriors, Chronicles of Ridd.ick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Tenchu: Return from darkness, Jaws Unleashed, Driver: Parellel Lines, Gladius, Just Cause, Indigo Prophecy, Flatout 2, Oddworld: Strangers Wrath, Urban Chaos: Riot Response, Men of Valor, Advent Rising, Otogi: Myth of demons

I have a hard time believing any of the trash that EGM prints.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Oh yes, it will be here
    Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="468" height="60" name="xad" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Far Cry doesn't come out till Nov. Ubi-Soft is a quality company, things will change. EGM needs to stop making opinions and reviews of a game until it's NEAR completion and 5 months ISN'T near completion.
    Last edited by mrmp3; 06-21-2004 at 11:19 PM.
    Hidden Content

My-sig-is-too-big...My sig...is TOO BIG!

Starving College Student

ign gave drive-three-er a 5 and a half..ouch.

why the **** didn't they just call it driver three? driv3r is NOT COOL. you are NOT LEET for making the E into a 3. jesus.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2 born killers of society Hard Boiled Cop's Avatar

I kinda like it. Just type it in capitals and see why, lol.
    I'm hoping to pick up DRIV3R tomorrow, and see how it is for MYSELF.
    Easy to pick up, hard to put down.

Thread Information