Thread: American McGee's SCRAPLAND!

skorp

Default American McGee's SCRAPLAND!

Not sure if this was posted before but I thought I'd share this game coming out for you addicts from American McGee!

SCRAPLAND

June 29, 2004 - While it may not be American McGee's Oz, we are excited to hear that Enlight today announced a new project to which famed designer American McGee is committing his time: Scrapland. The title is in development by Mercury Steam with plenty of input from McGee, who is serving as Executive Producer of the title.

Planned for release on the PC and Xbox late this year, the title is a stylish third-person action title set in a colorful mechanized society. Scrapland will feature cutting-edge graphics (you know, with pixel shaders and high-level self-shadowing and other buzzword-laden tastiness), open-ended, GTA3 style game play, and, we would expect, the kind of design excellence American McGee is known for.

"We're very excited to have American on board as Executive Producer of Scrapland," said Trevor Chan, Chief Executive Officer of Enlight. "The robotic science fiction world that American is shaping with Mercury Steam is as original as it is exciting."

"I knew I wanted to be involved with this project the moment I met with Mercury Steam and saw the game," said McGee. "Scrapland has an extremely unique free-form style of play that capitalizes on the success of games like GTA3, yet takes the action one step further."

You'll play D-Tritus, a robot made up of junkheap parts. In his adventures in the robot city of Chimera and the more-distant Scrapland, D-Tritus will be able to take on parts and abilities from other robots, changing his functionality on the fly.

Check out our huge heap of first screens from the game, and look for more updates as soon as new details on the title come in.

Scrapland is a deeply immersive 3rd person 3D action/adventure set in a bizarre robotic world made of scrap parts. Renown developer American McGee is serving as Executive Producer to add his unique style of character development, dialog and gameplay style to the design.
    As D-Tritus, a robot assembled from junkyard parts, players will navigate the dangerous robot-inhabited city of Chimera on the remote, scrap-planet known as Scrapland. D-Tritus can engage his enemies on foot, in customizable gunships, or even take over other robots to make use of their unique abilities.

For more info check out the Official Website.
    Last edited by skorp; 06-30-2004 at 02:47 AM.

Was OZ canned? I remember hearing that was in dev liek years and years ago
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

skorp

Question

IDK?! I thought OZ was gonna be out long time ago as well....

game looks like the shizzle will have to check it out!

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

Man, I've just been reading about this game for the past hour. Looks hot. I really, really need to win the lottery so I can afford to sit in front of my Xbox from September until .... oh, 2010. :P

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

Thread Information