Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo online gaming clan signup info.

Default Halo online gaming clan signup info.

This started from another thread but figured it probably deserved its own.

First some background info. For those of you that aren't familiar what a gaming clan is listen up. Basically a clan is a group of members that play together as a team and challenge other clans in tournaments or scrimmages etc. This really got big in the Quake II days and is now a major aspect of any online multiplayer game. I don't expect Halo to be any different. I also expect to see a huge surge in clans when MS goes online with it but it is probably a good idea to get organised and start practicing before that happens with Gamespy. I've already seen a few clans lurking in Gamespy but there hasn't been any real organization yet.

I personally have been in quite a few clans and not all of them have been successful. The ones that were successful in competition and in member moral were the ones that didn't base everything on winning but rather on having fun. So that is what I think this clan should be first and most. It should be fun. Worry about winning second.

The most important aspect of a member is commitment. You must be able to attend practices on a fairly regular basis and know how to be part of a team. In the past we usually had two practices a week and it was manditory to make at least one. The times and dates were spread out to help accomidate everyone's schedule. It worked pretty well.

If anyone is interested in participating in the [XBA] Halo clan then just jot down your info that I listed below.

--------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------

Email address?

Nick that you use for gaming?

Have you ever been in a clan before?
    If so which ones and for what games?

What is your internet connection? DSL cable etc?

Would you have more than one person playing on your xbox?

What is your favorite mode of multiplayer gaming? CTF? Deathmatch? etc

Do you like to have fun?

Will you be buying the communicator?
    if no, would you buy it if it was required for playing in the clan(assuming this thing works as good as it looks)?

Would you be interested in being a team leader or captain (more time consuming but more power )?

Do you have web admin skills (not specifically designing but updating, maybe scripting)?

Could you make it to at least one practice a week?

What days and times can you play online?

Comments on what you would like to see happen or include:
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Default Re: Halo online gaming clan signup info.

Dude, all I know is that this is a bad ass idea! An XBA clan! Nice!!! Following are the answers to your questions:

Email address?

- I prefer to email this directly

- Maximus, of course

- No

- Cable

- Sometimes - up to three including myself, most likely

- CTF, Team Slayer, and Slayer (Every man for himself)

Do you like to have fun?

- Let me think about this one for a moment...hehe...Yes!

- Yes, definately

Would you be interested in being a team leader or captain (more time consuming but more power )?

- Not at first...but, perhaps in the near future

Do you have web admin skills (not specifically designing but updating, maybe scripting)?

- None

- Yes

- Evenings after 6:00pm PST and weekends

- Some great strategies that are out-lined for specific courses including other combinations like Team Slayer, multi-vehicles, or single weapon scenarios

- Also, a great clan name...but, have it include XBA...here's two off the top of my head that I can propose: "Team XBA" or "XBA Anihilation"
    Last edited by Maximus; 01-22-2002 at 12:14 PM.

Frostberg

hmm but how can you have matches if you can only have 4 xboxes at once. Unless you want the clan to play each other so you always have someone to play with...but then still, its like you have 1 other teammate...unless you can get a bunch of people over

hey lynxfx
    heres a site i came across may be some use to ya,,,,,,

http://www.xboxnow.com/index2%5B1%5D.htm

sign me up
    I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!,,,,,. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hidden Content

Originally posted by Frostberg
    hmm but how can you have matches if you can only have 4 xboxes at once. Unless you want the clan to play each other so you always have someone to play with...but then still, its like you have 1 other teammate...unless you can get a bunch of people over
    I would like to join, but Frostberg makes a good point. Still I think it could work out since we'll be practicing until online becomes available in the summer where more than 4 Xboxes could hook up.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by DT21

I would like to join, but Frostberg makes a good point. Still I think it could work out since we'll be practicing until online becomes available in the summer where more than 4 Xboxes could hook up.
    Yeah, I agree that it makes sense (what Frostberg stated)...but, we can also have a locked room and people that have joined or signed up could be given the password so we can play eachother or create teams and play against eachother this way... Just a thought

hey, ill join.. i've always wanted to be in a halo clan!! yea!! Ill answer the questions in a few.....

Email address?
    -Wallsofshaihulud@hotmail.com
    Usually Mikeo
    -No
    -Cable/Roadrunner
    -Not in the clan, no
    What is your favorite mode of multiplayer gaming?
    - Slayer
    Do you like to have fun?
    -Who doesn't?
    if no, would you buy it if it was required for playing in the clan(assuming this thing works as good as it looks)?
    -How much is it?
    -Probably not, but maybe
    -Nope
    -Def.
    -After school/evenings weekdays (weekends can get busy)
    -I would like this to be a clan with nice people, not one of those clans that go around bragging that they are awesome and they will beat anyone in the world.

Looks like we have some good interest so far.

Maximus,

I knew you would be the first to reply.

Frostberg,

That is a very good point but there is a mod to make gamespy allow more than 4 xboxs together. This would be great since all gaming I've done in the past (actual matches, not just goofing around) has been 5 vs 5 or 6 vs 6. This should be feasible. We would just need a killer host.

Here is the info on how to mod your gamespy config file:
    But to make GameSpy allow 8 players online........
    Find your gamespy arcade folder, open the "services" folder...
    Look for another folder called "Xboxtunnel" open that and you will find a file called "svc.cfg"
    Now open this file with word pad, then look a little bit down and change the max players to "8"
    save this file!
    Now go back to your gamespy arcade folder and open the profiles folder, inside you will find a "config.cfg" file open that with wordpad and look for a line like this "app_noupdates=0" change this to "app_noupdates=1"
    save this file and reboot gamespy. Go into a channel and start a game with up to 8 players!

Remember I'm not responsible for any harm to yourself, computer/software.
    This will probly make gamespy no longer auto update, please beware of this.
    Msterrrr,

Excellent site, thank you.

Thanks to everyone else for the private messages and info. If there is anything else that anyone can think of then keep posts coming. I'm sure we can work out any kinks that come along.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

my xbox is not online yet I need some MAJOR help (hint..hint) but when its on (hopefully soon) I would love to join...Im new at the forums but Im pretty good at halo (least i think so) any way remember when i come crawlin to you beggin to join!

batman46st

Talking sweeeet

Email address?
    batman4st@aol.com

batman46st or brklngama

no really
    none
    dsl
    probably two
    slayer your on your own
    Do you like to have fun?
    like everyone else who's alive
    hell yeah

if i deserve it
    nope
    yeah
    mon-thurs 5
    strategies and us on top i would hope other websites starts one too imagine us against team xbox forum people and stuff like dat that would rule..

team name? xba haze, xba anihilation,

batman46st

baman46st@aol.com sorry guys

**** this is gonna be so cool

www.DCB8408@cs.com

wolf84

yes clans: C&C and a delta force one both were the not so serious kind

getting direct tv dsl when xbox goes online

1-2 at tops

fav game Deathmatch and CTF of course

who wouldn't want to have fun

yep gettin a communicator "don't you get one for signing up?"

yes i'd like to be a leader i learned it in paintball and games

small web skills "i'm learnin"

no prob with practices

if you set a date and time 95% of the time i can make it.

I'd like to see fun but i also want some order to the chaos and i want my players to be able to think or change a plan as needed not drones, i also want captains and stuff promoted by skill and by teammates and make sure everybody is havin a good time. i'd alos like to make sure the only xba members can join or if a xba members wants somebody to join and we agree then it's co
    man this is gonna be cool i can't wait
    you can have my xbox, when you pry it from my cold dead hands

here's another e-mail cause i'm on either one most of the time www.cdbraatz163@cs.com
    you can have my xbox, when you pry it from my cold dead hands

Frostberg

Just because It would be nice to count on a few guys to play with at a designated time...

Email address?
    67017733@bellsouth.net

Frostberg

I guess you could say that, didnt really las that long tho

Halflife:TFC

DSL

Maybe, but because you guys would be oin the other side of the country it depends when these matches will be

I am super fond of Team KoTH just because me and my buddy havent lost yet...and we usually play at least every other day for 4 or so hours...also CTF, team slayer is alright but I dont like it as much because there isint any other stragety involved...like being sneaky to steal the flag or such...and good free for alls are always fun

Do you like to have fun?
    No, I am Scrooge! Bah humbug! Actually I have fun whewn I am having fun, and thats fun for me!

Id buy it only if the voice quality is pretty good and it doesnt hurt your connection...

Would you be interested in being a team leader or captain (more time consuming but more power)?
    Meh, that should go to the best person...strategic and points wise...maybe you dont want the best person to be the captain because it can be used as a decoy...

No...And I dont think you need to worry about a website yet...

Yep

3:45pm EST to whenever I go to sleep

I just basically want to have a place where I know I am gonna play. It is a pain to search for games and then have them not work because the host is crazy or people quit.

Frostberg

Originally posted by Lynxfx

Frostberg,

That is a very good point but there is a mod to make gamespy allow more than 4 xboxs together. This would be great since all gaming I've done in the past (actual matches, not just goofing around) has been 5 vs 5 or 6 vs 6. This should be feasible. We would just need a killer host.
    Ok yeah that is pretty nice...but just remember for every extra xbox, you greatly increase the upstream bandwidth required by the server, so the less xboxes the better, unless you have some killer connections!

Default Count me in..

Please keep in mind that for the time being I don't have high speed internet and therefor there is no onlinegaming for me..

I should get high speed in the next month or two and will defently join the XBA clan! Clan gaming is all I have ever done on internet gaming and playing halo would be amazing clan style....

Email address?
    kazual_@hotmail.com

kazual

Yes. Many.
    Quake - MOC
    EverQuest - Lor Mani
    Starcraft / Brood Wars - Whoa
    Dark Age of Camelot - Gudar Och Myter
    Diablo 1 - KotRT
    Diablo 2 - Lor Mani

56k atm.. Highspeed ( DSL I think) Within the next couple months

Yes, my brother.. but not when I want it

What is your favorite mode of multiplayer gaming? CTF?
    Deathmatch? etc
    No preferance.

Do you like to have fun?
    Well, yeaah.

If many fellow clanmates use it, than its a must have for me.

If I deserve it.

No.

Defenetly.

Any time, any day.
    Ownage

---------------heres my info --------------

Email address? ,,,, raptor336@hotmail.com

Nick that you use for gaming? ,,,,, Gattman

Have you ever been in a clan before? ,,,,,, no
    If so which ones and for what games? ,,,,,,,

What is your internet connection? DSL cable etc? ,,,,,,,cable

Would you have more than one person playing on your xbox? ,,, not likely

What is your favorite mode of multiplayer gaming? CTF? Deathmatch? etc ,,,, team slayer,,, slayer,,,

Do you like to have fun? :-P

Will you be buying the communicator? ,,,for ctf it is needed,,, yes

Would you be interested in being a team leader or captain (more time consuming but more power )? ,,,,possible

Do you have web admin skills (not specifically designing but updating, maybe scripting)? ,,,some html,,, hosted web pages@ homestead

Could you make it to at least one practice a week? ,,,,yes

What days and times can you play online?,,,, evenings,,, eastern time zone,, weekends
    I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!,,,,,. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hidden Content

*Bump*

Seeing if there is any more interested that missed this the first go around.

I'll work on something more official this weekend with getting things organized and testing out that Gamespy hack. Otherwise it will be alot of two vs. two.
    ---Hidden Content ---

Definately interested. Have joined a few groups through the tunnel but no organized calns as of yet.

Email address? mjndevils@yahoo.com

Nick that you use for gaming? Devil

Have you ever been in a clan before? No

What is your internet connection? DSL cable etc? Cable

Would you have more than one person playing on your xbox? Not usually

CTF

Do you like to have fun? Yes, too many anal pricks out there that are too serious

Will you be buying the communicator? Once it is proven to work well.

Would you be interested in being a team leader or captain (more time consuming but more power )? Possibly depending on my skill level compared witheveryone else. I play well but I am much better at strategy.

Do you have web admin skills (not specifically designing but updating, maybe scripting)? No

Could you make it to at least one practice a week? Yes

What days and times can you play online? Most nights after 10PMEST

Comments on what you would like to see happen or include:None yet

Thread Information