Thread: Possible Rid**** Sequel

To Hell with Having Fun Darkside's Avatar

Default Possible Rid**** Sequel

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/527/527956p1.html

Quote Originally Posted by ign.com
    July 01, 2004 - Vivendi Universal Games is strongly considering a sequel to The Chronicles of Rid****: Escape from Butcher Bay, but nothing is in the works just yet, IGN learned today. According to an article published in Variety magazine, VU Games' President Phil O'Neil said that his company is looking into sequels in the future, which obviously includes the very successful The Chronicles of Rid****: Escape from Butcher Bay.

"The critical and sales success of The Chronicles of Rid****: Escape from Butcher Bay makes it clear that we should certainly entertain the notion of a sequel, but at this time there is no such product in development," a VU Games spokesperson told IGN today.

There is very good reason to believe, however. In just one month, the well-received Xbox exclusive game sold more than 100,000 units in North American alone, with a foreseeable $15 million coming in to VU Games. That doesn't even include Europe, where neither the game nor the movie have launched. The movie, on the other hand, didn't receive the same kind of love, making only $53 million worldwide, after a $140 million production and marketing budget.

We'll have more on The Chronicles of Rid**** soon enough.

all I can say is multiplayer...
    The media needs another blackout.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside
    http://xbox.ign.com/articles/527/527956p1.html

all I can say is multiplayer...
    there is no multiplayer in the game? Thats gay. i havent played it yet
    "Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination." - Mark Twain

Multiplayer would be so awsome. I'd like to see a fpf (first person fighter) with multiplayer, other than boxing. I just rented and have now almost beat TCOR:EFBB and it is simply amazing. Great game!!

2 born killers of society Hard Boiled Cop's Avatar

Yeah I heard it has no mulitplayer, which is a shame for a game that looks stunning and has great game play (so I've heard). Anyway I also heard it was short, do you think I should pick this up when it arrives in the UK?
    Easy to pick up, hard to put down.

Thumbs up

A sequel would be cool and btw, not everything needs to have multi-player to be good. A sequel with would be cool, but I wont care if its not in there.

Are they even going to make a sequel for the movie? Gotta feel bad for vin diesel if the movie doesn't get a sequel but the video game does.

Los Angeles Int'l Airport lax_defense's Avatar

I hope they put in multiplayer in the next one. That would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by CuartoDePuto
    Are they even going to make a sequel for the movie? Gotta feel bad for vin diesel if the movie doesn't get a sequel but the video game does.
    Not really when you think about it, if the sequel get's granted he'll have to do the Voice over's like he did in the first if they want it to be as successful as the original

Who knows maybe he'll have a Max Payne trilogy on his hands as far as action video games go! If so when his career is shot he'll always have loyal video game fans to help shoot up another videogame/movie on the Big Screen (or straight to video ) to compliment the one that flopped !
    Last edited by LiquidGuy; 07-07-2004 at 09:25 PM.

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

ah man. chronicles of rid**** the movie wasnt even that bad.

the special effects were nice, but it got bad reviews, which probably hurt its income.

Some reveiwers are mean...."RID****"-coulous......
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Thread Information