Thread: Difference between SW:Battlefront & SW:Republic Commando?

Shocked Difference between SW:Battlefront & SW:Republic Commando?

All i know is,

Star Wars: REPUBLIC COMMANDO
    Developer: Lucas Arts
    Publisher: Luacs Arts
    Release Date: Fall 2004

Star Wars: BATTLEFRONT
    Developer:Pandemic Studios
    Publisher: Lucas Arts
    Release Date: Sept. 21, 2004

Now what i gather is that they are both Mass Multi Online Playable First Person Shooters (urghhh), just ran out of breath I also know that they will both be on Xbox live . Now i don't get it, i like SW games (currently playing K.O.T.O.R.,) but how in the heck are they going to pull this off without these games of the same genre over lapping?

Skankeez

Star Wars Battlefront

A multiplayer online shooter set in the Star Wars universe featuring soldier sets from the series (Stormtroopers, Rebel pilots, AT-AT commanders, Republic Guards) and a wide variety of vehicles out of the films. Players take part in epic battles from both the original series (Episodes IV, V, VI) as well as the prequel trilogy (Episode I, II, III.) The game liberally borrows concepts from EA's Battlefield series, transplanting the competitive action into the Star Wars galaxy. Players team up or go head-to-head to fight on ten legendary planets from the George Lucas franchise and use a variety of weapons and vehicles, including X-wings, snowspeeders and AT-STs.

Star Wars: Republic Commando

Star Wars: Republic Commando is a dark and intense first-person shooter for the Xbox video game system and PC, utilizing an enhanced version of the acclaimed Unreal engine technology. Unlike the largely main character focused Star Wars games of the past, Republic Commando presents a dramatic military-style action experience from the point-of-view of an elite squad member of a Republic Special Operations unit. Players step into the role of a Commando performing precision operations deep behind enemy lines in this brutally realistic Star Wars combat experience. The game is set at the start of the Clone Wars, as seen in Episode II, featuring Clone Troopers and Jedi fighting a common foe side-by side.

Republic Commando - 4 man Squad based, almost rs3-esque FPS.
    Battlefront - a BF1942 like star wars game with vehicles and lots of players and screen and stuff

edit: Yankeez beat me to it...i don't like that appear offline function, i can't see it on the active members list at the bottom of the screen

Wow, that was quick.

I really don't see much a difference, unless one gets pushed back 23 month's behind the other. What this means to me is more money to spend than i can earn . Hopefully alot of these super games to be released this fall are delayed so i don't feal jelous about games i can't get after paying for a few game i really wanted . I can't Win.

Battlefront = Battlefield 1942+Starwars
    Republic = Rainbow6 3 + Starwars
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Starving College Student

Quote Originally Posted by Variation
    Battlefront = Battlefield 1942+Starwars
    Republic = Rainbow6 3 + Starwars
    dammit, i was gonna say that

GET OUT OF MY MIND!
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa
    dammit, i was gonna say that

GET OUT OF MY MIND!
    I know where you live... 0_o
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Hopefully both will be good games. I'm more interested in Battlefront then Commando though.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Oh yes, it will be here
    Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="468" height="60" name="xad" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

here this should help a lot.

Star wars battlefront.

star wars republic commando.

as you can clearly see, besides both being FPS's , and set in the star wars universe, they are not alike at all.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Sit down and Shut up!!!!! CharlieHustle's Avatar

i just saw the trailers, i already knew what battlefront was about, but the republic commando trailer is tight, and i mean tight. If you goto gametrailers.com they have three trailers to this game then second one got me sold on this one. Im gettin this game also.

xbAWOL

I'll probably end up buying one of them, both sound good, but I'll be tight on cash this fall. But I am looking forward to KOTOR 2!!!!

Thread Information