Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got my FABLE dvd Bonus today impressions inside

Talking I got my FABLE dvd Bonus today impressions inside

This is my first ever impressions of anything so bare with me. Ok here we go! I preordered FABLE at EGgames, and usually when you pre order stuff, what ever bonus material they have, they give it to you right away, but this time i was told that the dvd bonus material was going to ship with my product. I said aight i can handle that. few weeks ago, i went to BBB forums and i read that when you pre order the game at gamestop you get the dvd at the same time. i heard this and was pumped.

The next day i rushed to ebgames and inquired about it again and they said they still don't have it. the next morning, which is today, they called me and said i should come pick up my dvd. i again rushed there grabbed the dvd from the lady at the store and came home. Upon arriving at the house i realized that some had tempered with the case, the seal was broken off and all. well i said to myself the dang thing is free so i wasn't going to cause any commontions like i would have if it was the real game. any way i poped the dvd in and saw all the features. it was not very long, but interesting none the less. it was about 25 minutes max.

Aight i know you guys do not care about the means that i got the dvd you just want the contents right well ok here you go.

The dvd contains:
    FABLE FEATURES

1: Hero
    2: Art Direction
    is aight could be better IMO
    3: Animation
    4: Music
    the music is terrific, come on it is DANNY ELFMAN we are talking about here, would you expect anything less. fantastic best rpg game with best music composer together under one roof! daammmmmmm
    5: Story
    nothing new here. if you are fable fun i you've heard em all.

MS PLAYABLE DEMOS

Sudeki
    combat is aight, but how come you can't jump? any way i gotta play with this a little more.
    AMped 2
    Crimson Skies
    Links
    NHL Rivals
    PGR2
    Rallisport challeng 2
    wow man! i did not know this game was that fun till today. get it! it is only 30
    Top spin

MS GAME TRAILERS

Fable
    Conke L&R "I am back be aware mother buzzzers"
    This game looks really good and seems to be very entertaininng too
    Forza motorsports
    Wow damm! how much custimazation can one do to his car. "You are what you drive."
    Jade Empire
    Good thing this is not coming out the same year as Fable because these two heavy weights will crush each other.
    Kameo
    Very new cooler look more xbox colors as to GC's
    Mech Assault 2
    Sudeki
    UC2
    looks impressive!

that is it. i still do not like the horns halo thingy remove that thing from the game. besides that, everything is straight i say release it

If any one wants more impressions just holla!!

OH! by the way if you read my sig what i really wanted to say is that Fable won't crush Halo2 sales, but ehhh they would tie in sales
    Hidden Content
    Fable aint gonna crash Halo 2's sales, mark my words. if it does, I will eat my
    words
    Props to Ethereal for the sig; you rock MAN!

AWesome can't wait. But I think you'll be eating your words. No way in hell Fable sales will crush Halo 2.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Oh yes, it will be here
    Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="468" height="60" name="xad" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

I agree. A lot of the people who own an Xbox don't own it for RPGs. That's for good reason too, since there barely are any, and there are only a few on the horizon. FPSes on the other hand are abundant.

Fable will probably sell well, but it won't touch HALO 2. HALO 2 will easily become one of the best selling games of all time.

I also got the Bonus DVD with pre-order and my main reason for getting it was the Sudeki demo and I must say it owns. I love the combat system and the game as a whole. I can't wait to pick it up in a few weeks.

btw, You don't normally jump in RPGs.
    Hidden Content
    Currently Playing
    Fable (Xbox)
    Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox)
    Guilty Gear X2 #Reload (Xbox)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

Where are the impressions? Those are the facts, man, just what's on the disc.

Yeah, anyhow, I've watched it probably 5 or 6 times just for the in-game action. Game is looking smooth and there are tons of ways to customize your character. The sheer number of player character models was astonishing.

And they showed some chicken kicking...

Would be nice though to hear what others thoughts on the Fable featurette were.

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

"Sudeki
    combat is aight, but how come you can't jump? any way i gotta play with this a little more."

You can't in Fable either!

We still dont have the Fable DVDs in my store yet... sigh...
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

im gonna have to go ask my store because as far as I know u get it when u pick up the game !
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by thatdude222
    dont overhype games......
    remember fable? me neither.

So when is Fable coming out anyways? I'm lazy.

September 21st.

No word of any delays, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

w00t! I can't wait till I find it at Wal-Mart!

actually it will be out on spetember 13 check ur dates buddy :lol:
    Hidden Content
    words

xbAWOL

I have a feeling that Fable will be a sleeper if you can believe it, I mean, I know its pretty well know in the Xbox world, and for that fact, most of the console world, but not to the super mainstream extent. I think this is the kind of game whose sales will grow continuously each week...I think after the first week, there will be a decline, but come December, I see the sales growing larger and larger due to the holiday season and word of mouth.

Zero, does Wal-Mart even sell M-rated games? I mean, you can lop off heads and kick 'em around if you want. And apparently, some of the stuff you have to do to become truly, truly evil is so horrific that the average person will most likely shy away. Like the www.fablegame.com site says, "This is no fairytale."

And blackiee2002, where ya gettin' your dates, man? This is straight from their FAQ:

"When will it be out? updated 2nd June
    Fable will be out in September 2004 in all NTSC (USA) territories and in October 2004 for PAL (EUROPE) territories."

Well, that doesn't really prove either of our dates. Seems like they've changed it, so you might be right.

And I'm w/ MixMasta. I don't think the game is gonna explode and sales records, but I could care less. Sales figures mean nothing to me. Panzer Dragoon Orta and Metal Arms sold like crap, but are two games I will own for as long as I have an Xbox, and will enjoy and remember for a long, long time.

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

Los Angeles Int'l Airport lax_defense's Avatar

O man, I really have to check this game out.

xbAWOL

Quote Originally Posted by thrAsher-XBA
    And I'm w/ MixMasta. I don't think the game is gonna explode and sales records, but I could care less. Sales figures mean nothing to me. Panzer Dragoon Orta and Metal Arms sold like crap, but are two games I will own for as long as I have an Xbox, and will enjoy and remember for a long, long time.
    Man, I love Panzer Dragoon Orta. Its one of my favorite games. I should look into Metal Arms, it was five bucks at CC so I can probably find it cheap somewhere like EB.

check ebgames or gamestop for the date. come on now i am die hard fable fun ofcourse i will know when it is coming!
    Hidden Content
    words

Got the disk yesterday also, and the first thing I noticed about the disk is that it's layed out exactly like the OXM Demo Disks - odd.

Watching the vid now -give me a few so I can pwn Sudeki and then I'll post some insights.

blackiee, I think I trust the actual development team for a release date more then I'd trust EBGames...and they are sticking to September 2004, which you'd know if you'd read my last post.

I'm interested to hear what our Ghost Admin thinks of the DVD, though.

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

Quote Originally Posted by thrAsher-XBA
    I'm interested to hear what our Ghost Admin thinks of the DVD, though.
    Not much last I heard, but I'm sure he'll stop by and post. Think he was a little sauced when describing it to me.
    RIP Dave

Thread Information