Thread: Circuit City Deal???

Default Circuit City Deal???

Hey have any one you heard of a Circuit City deal?? A couple of friends and I heard from another friend about them having a sell of a ton of xbox, ps2, and gc games for $5....he heard it starts sunday....is this correct? Anyone know for sure about this? Thanks.
    When you're alarm goes off in the morning, do a backflip straight out of bed without even sitting up, do some pushups while dodging bullets in slow motion, then do a cartwheel into your car while spinning a CD on the tip of your finger ... now you're a unique individual.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Yeah, it was posted in another thread...definately worth checking out

For some reason, though, it seems to me that it already happened... but, I could be wrong because I didn't check into it.

Yeah that's what I've been hearing off and on...but I thought it started Sunday

Man, someone PLEASE clear this up
    When you're alarm goes off in the morning, do a backflip straight out of bed without even sitting up, do some pushups while dodging bullets in slow motion, then do a cartwheel into your car while spinning a CD on the tip of your finger ... now you're a unique individual.

I went and they had GOOD games, but the only games left were ones that had a trade in value of around $5.. So I think all the greedy *******s took advantage of this as soon as they could. Most of the games were PS2 also.

This happened last week. I grabbed 6 games for $4.99 each. Used 4 of them to trade someone for Psi Ops. So, I got a $50 game for $20 plus shipping. Not bad. He was happy to. But yes, this has already happened and IF they are going to do it again, I doubt seriously if there will be any games left. I went back yesterday and there wasn't a single game left at one of my CC's that were on the $4.99 list.

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

I just got back from CC right now and there were still games in the bin. Unfortunately it was filled with a lot of NFL 2K2 and 3's.

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

Skankeez

Quote Originally Posted by Satch
    Yeah that's what I've been hearing off and on...but I thought it started Sunday

Man, someone PLEASE clear this up
    Heres the thread

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58379

It was supposed to officialy start sunday, but the prices were already marked down since last saturday, since then the stores have been picked apart, i bet if you go today or sunday all you will find is crappy sports games from like 2001, but there will be some diamonds in the rough, this is what i picked up last week

Yankeez, care to giveaway The Thing, Red Faction II &/or Serious Sam to me?

xbAWOL

Dude you probably missed all the good games.

But your in the midwest, so you probably have Meijers in your neighborhood, which today(Saturday) only they have buy one get one 50% off on all video games, anyways, the Meijers near me has tons of ten dollar games so I am going out in a bit and gonna buy a few pairs of games, and they will cost 7.50 each, not as good as the five dollar deal but still my Meijers had tons of good steals for 10 dollars.

BTW, EB has a few of the five dollar games at CC for the same price. Dave Mirra 2, Matt Hoffman BMX 2, and Aggressive Inline were at the five dollar sale at CC and they are avaliable at EB for 4.99 as well.

xbAWOL

Hey Yankeez, I never really looked at the games you got, but why would you ever pay five dollars for NEW LEGENDS????

That game blows lol.

But your other choices were pretty good IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MixMasta
    Dude you probably missed all the good games.

But your in the midwest, so you probably have Meijers in your neighborhood, which today(Saturday) only they have buy one get one 50% off on all video games, anyways, the Meijers near me has tons of ten dollar games so I am going out in a bit and gonna buy a few pairs of games, and they will cost 7.50 each, not as good as the five dollar deal but still my Meijers had tons of good steals for 10 dollars.

BTW, EB has a few of the five dollar games at CC for the same price. Dave Mirra 2, Matt Hoffman BMX 2, and Aggressive Inline were at the five dollar sale at CC and they are avaliable at EB for 4.99 as well.
    Yeah, I caught that deal too at Meijer. The great thing about it was that I was able to use coupons, that were equal to 20% off, along with getting one game, getting the 2nd one free. I didn't take advantage of the deal too much since I already bought a lot from CC, plus I needed to save up for a few upcoming games. Most of the good $9.99 games at my local Meijer, were gone because I've bought them.

But as for CC, I traveled to Merriville(sp), IN, today to check that CC since I bought everything I wanted and didn't own where I live. I was able to pick up a few other games I wanted, but most everything else was picked over. The only Xbox game I was able to get at PSO Episodes I & II since they were mostly gone, but it was $14, cheaper than anywhere else.

I will say that the CC deal has worn me out, since I've been waking up early every morning to check a CC.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

I went to CC tonight and all they had was Madden 2002 and some NBA game so I didn't get crap.

Sigh... wish we had those stores
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by MixMasta
    Hey Yankeez, I never really looked at the games you got, but why would you ever pay five dollars for NEW LEGENDS????

That game blows lol.

But your other choices were pretty good IMO.
    Yea, New Legends, The Thing, Genma Onimusha, Gun Valkyrie and Agressive Inline are like 6.99 at EB anyway.. All the games I picked up were cheap at EB too so it's pretty obvious why they had this sale.

xbAWOL

I went yesterday, had five games in hand, and only two rang up!! YMMV is all I can say about that sale.

I got Dave Mirra 2, Enclave, and THPS3 (PH) from that sale. I'm exchaning THPS3 at Best Buy for another PH because they are dumb there.

BTW, EB games has Aggressive Inline and Matt Hoffman BMX 2 and ASB 2003 for 5 bucks new in stores.

I wish we had places who do these deals. All we have is GameStation, who don't really do this stuff, and Game, who do, but the games are crap.

Thread Information