Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Doom 3 finished?!

Default Is Doom 3 finished?!

You decide...

So this ad has been spotted all around the internet today and people are speculating whether it's fake, whether it's telling the truth, etc. IGN tried to ask Activision and they said "id has made no announcement that DOOM 3 has gone gold." Blah blah that's just them, what do you think?

EDIT: BTW, this is allegedly from a European marketing mag, NOT a gaming mag...
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by shrew king Hidden Content
    -Having a signature stating you miss a group of boys is questionable. Please make note.

"Doom III has slightly lower expectations around it than the second coming of Jesus"

What?

"Hmm... religeous salvation , or a satanic-theamed video game?..."

I do love da vidgea games... plagues?

Yup, Due Aug 3 barring no catasrophic news
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Whoa I'll probably get it as soon as it arrives at my Gamecrazy!

around from time to time CMX Jedi's Avatar

GASP.... hopfully i can get my computer built by then.

I'm waiting for the xbox version which will be out around the holidays.

PC version is just about to go Gold. You can check out a full review already here http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...3&postcount=75

Of course this picture is awfully intriguing as well
    http://www.planetdoom.com/potd/index.asp?id=468442
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

The PSKT is for...

Quote Originally Posted by LynxFX-XBA
    Of course this picture is awfully intriguing as well
    http://www.planetdoom.com/potd/index.asp?id=468442

5 discs?!

The Addict Formerly Known as Hidden Content / PapaSKooT-XBA

xbAWOL

Thanks for the review link, I can't friggin' wait.

Any word on a DVD version? They really need to start making this the norm.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSKooT-XBA

5 discs?!

Unreal Tournament 2004 is 6. 5 and then the play disc. I'm torn between several game purchases right now. Sacred looks to be an intriguing RPG, since I haven't played a good RPG for the computer for a REALLY long time. Diablo II even. I do want Doom III badly though. That's it. I'm genetically modifying my tree in my backyard so money grows on it.

Variation, I agree as well, and I don't even have a DVD drive. Games are getting too big for CDs.
    Last edited by Cryogenic Pyro; 07-14-2004 at 02:27 PM.

How do 5 disks fit into that one DVD Disk Case??

Also, on Gamespot.com/xbox they confirmed DOOM III has gone Gold. I'll wait on the Xbox version.. since, you know, my computer can't even play Half-Life that well.

Yeah same here, my PC has trouble running Q3 Team Arena and Return to Castle Wolfienstien. I doubt it would be able to take this. Anyway either way, it's been pre-ordered for my Xbox since it was officialy announced and places started taking orders.
    Can't wait!

Doom 3, Halo 2, Half Life 2. This deffinently is the year of long awaited FPS.

so should we be seeing this game on the Xbox come september,i hope so but i have a feeling it will come out on October 31 ,which isnt a good thing since we all know what comes out 10 days later
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

I'm pretty sure this game is comeing out with all those other kickass games i.e. Half-Life 2, Fable, Halo 2. Damn, it's going to be a close-up on the GOTY awards. And my computer can't run Doom either. So i'm just gonna wait for the Xbox version. That is if I have money left after purchaseing Fable and Halo.
    Hidden Content

Props to lllSmokelll for the sweet sig

Quote Originally Posted by LTM360
    How do 5 disks fit into that one DVD Disk Case??
    Actually there are 6 discs there, and they make standard size dvd cases that hold 6 discs.

I'm hoping they come out with a dvd version as well.

BTW, there are debates going on whether that pic is even real as there is another photo of the same discs/dvd case that show HL-2. The question is, which one is photoshopped, or are they both photoshopped. Eitherway, DIII has a release date, HL2 doesn't.

WOOO can't wait!
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Looks like there won't be a DVD version after all:

Todd Hollenshead :
    "I know some gamers are hoping to use the DVD players on their machines for something other than watching movies, but there are downsides," he said. "For us the cost of the goods and the cost of the replication and having to make two masters just isn't worth it."
    And don't get your hopes up for the Xbox version to come out this year.
    "We can't say, at this point, that it's going to come out this year," said Hollenshead. "There are a couple of big pieces of work that still have to be done."
    Last edited by LynxFX-XBA; 07-14-2004 at 10:27 PM.
    ---Hidden Content ---

Oh bull, they're just making excuses. How much money can it possibly cost to write to the DVD medium? Probably the same amount that they payed to write to the CD medium. They can't possibly be thinking in man-hour dollars either, since it would take a whole hour or so to create the first disc on the DVD medium.

EDIT: Oh, and now that I look at it, that picture looks Photoshopped, because there is little, if any reflection from the camera on the CDs and case that you can clearly see on the keyboard and mouse. Usually DVD cases are very glossy, and you should be able to see some light on the CDs, but that's just my opinion. Anyone have a link to the Half-Life 2 photo?
    Last edited by Cryogenic Pyro; 07-14-2004 at 10:29 PM.

Well I wouldn't straight out call it bull as DVD authoring and replication does cost more than CD-rom. Exactly how much more, I don't know. And there could be other factors in there as well like where the replication plant is located for one. It would have been nice though.

edit:
    Yeah I'm pretty sure now that the Doom one is photoshopped as well. Plus the CNN article says it is coming on 3 or 4 cd's. I'm too lazy to go find the HL2 ones. It was in the news at [H].
    ---Hidden Content ---

I guess you're right, but still, the most likely reason it costs more is because no one uses it. If it became the norm, I'm sure it would become much cheaper.

EDIT: I found that picture over there, and I must say, the Half-Life 2 one looks much more realistic, but the flash on the case still doesn't look quite right. Normally, getting such a flash effect wouldn't be possible, but if you think about it, it might be possible.
    Last edited by Cryogenic Pyro; 07-14-2004 at 10:38 PM.

Thread Information