Thread: ripping music

Default ripping music

i know how to rip music, and i have done it, but is there any way to name each song? because all the songs are like track 1, track 2, etc. and in games like project gotham, it would get confusing because i wouldnt know what track i wanted to put in the game

As soon as you click on the Soundtrack name in the dashboard, you go to Edit/Name. And then you have to pick the track you want to name, scroll over to the right, and then go to name, and you'll have to press in the name with the controller on the little on-screen keyboard.
    Hidden Content
    i waited for you
    i died inside my own head
    and i'd die again for you

i'm faded and tired
    completely uninspired

so kill me with the love that you won't give to me
    and pack the wound with salt i want to feel it bleed

couldn't have said it any better

Calzinger
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by CALzinger
    couldn't have said it any better
    Hidden Content
    i waited for you

i'm faded and tired
    completely uninspired

for some reason my soundtrack dosnt work with amped. could it be too big???/
    i am an artist.

Hidden Content

Originally posted by addict733
    for some reason my soundtrack dosnt work with amped. could it be too big???/
    You notice the screen where it gives you the list of soundtracks? Its in options under Soundtracks. You have to highlight which soundtrack you have, and the press "X" to enable it. Once you enable it, press "A" to get out of there, it will save that. And then save the options. Once you do that, your soundtrack should be enabled.
    Hidden Content
    i waited for you

i'm faded and tired
    completely uninspired

I imagine we'll get CDDB compatibility once XBOX goes online. Then all of your songs will be automatically named.

yea, i hope we do, its a pain to rename all the songs, especially when i have like 11 cds ripped on my xbox

Are there any games that use custom soundtracks AND don't just play random songs? All I have is Amped that supports it and unfortunately it just randomly plays tracks from the soundtracks I selected. I would like it to play track 1, track 2, track 3 etc. The reason is that these are all 80 minute house or trance mixes with it broken up just to keep skipping ability.

So are there any games yet?
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by Lynxfx
    Are there any games that use custom soundtracks AND don't just play random songs? All I have is Amped that supports it and unfortunately it just randomly plays tracks from the soundtracks I selected. I would like it to play track 1, track 2, track 3 etc. The reason is that these are all 80 minute house or trance mixes with it broken up just to keep skipping ability.

So are there any games yet?
    Project Gotham Racing also allows you to rip your own music. But, I'm not positive if there is a way to play all your songs in a row. Personally, I strongly prefer that they play them in random, especially since I copy the music one entire CD at a time. (Not all the tracks, but, multiple tracks, of course).

I have Amped and PGR...and those two are the only ones that I own that I know you can play your own soundtrack. I would imagine that Tony Hawk 2X would be compatible...but, I'm not sure

Yeah I understand the point of having them random but I wish there was an option to make them play in sequence. All of mine are seemless so when they do play random songs get cut off at the end or they start abruptly. They also lose their flow and build.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by Lynxfx
    Yeah I understand the point of having them random but I wish there was an option to make them play in sequence. All of mine are seemless so when they do play random songs get cut off at the end or they start abruptly. They also lose their flow and build.
    Yeah, I agree that it would be nice to have the ability to play them all in a row. Perhaps you can do that in the music manager or something.

Just as an aside, did you know that if you push the white button on the controller that it will go to the next track even while you are in the middle of your game while playing Amped?

Yeah definately like the skip feature in Amped. I use it all the time.
    ---Hidden Content ---

I know one thing foe sho doe yo!!
    If you cant rip your own music from CD's on WWF RAW then THQ is smokin dat criiiizzzzaak kid!

Originally posted by Maximus

I have Amped and PGR...and those two are the only ones that I own that I know you can play your own soundtrack. I would imagine that Tony Hawk 2X would be compatible...but, I'm not sure
    Yes Tony Hawk 2X is compatible, and Tony Hawk 3 will also be compatible. (Except that TH3 will just be a port.. )
    Hidden Content
    i waited for you

i'm faded and tired
    completely uninspired

its pretty annoying, when playing pgr, when you like restart a race (i restart many times) and the song changes. is there any way to make it stay on the same song (kinda like in amped) because its annoying having to switch songs all the time

Thread Information