Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gta3 Is Bad!

Default Gta3 Is Bad!

I have been really ****ed as of late with people blaming games for other peoples deaths or injuries. It's not the game that makes you do something, it is the person who decides to do something stupid, like stealing a car. I was reading a magazine a couple ofdays ago and it basically said that the cause for kids/teenagers getting in trouble with the law are influenced from games. The magazine single handedly pointed out how GTA3 was the most influencing game for tennagers and kids, and should not be sold anymore. That's what really ****es me off, because it's just a game and it's not real, so people(grownups/parents) shouldn't take it the wrong way. What also ****es me off is GTA3 is probably one of the best games ever made,thing that ****es me off the most is how the designer of the game probably wont have it out on xbox, and if they did all the fun would be taken out of the game for example, the cursing,the running over whores and people, and the people getting beat up. I really really want this game to come out for xbox, and if it comes out and is just like the ps2 version, I'll be the first one in the line.
    peace
    ry
    Ryan J Baker

wtf they are thinking about not puting gta3 on xbox! ******* **** that was gonna be the best game to come out on xbox in my opinion!
    Last edited by Shannon-XBA; 02-17-2002 at 09:27 PM.
    The Simpsons is a short story of my life

Default i know

i know what u mean man, it ****es me off really bad. thanks peace
    Ryan J Baker

Games have been blamed for causing all kinds of **** since they first became popular. The gaming industry as a whole was sued for a couple billion dollors because of columbine. I'm pretty sure that the gaming industry won though. It's all those over protective parents that fell that they have to keep their kids from anything even close to being something "bad". Until these parents decide to get their a$$ in gear it will continue to be that way and there isn't a **** thing any of us can do about it. Also with the Sept. 11 events and all, the population has really moved towards a goody-goody-place-with-pink-bunny-rabbits-and-mushy-love attitude that has and will probably continue to affect the games we play. MoH:AA is one of these games that was effected. They took out the blood for those of you who don't know. Sure hope GTA3 makes it to the xbox though.
    Last edited by Rancey; 03-06-2002 at 11:32 PM.

yeah i know pretty soon their gonna make super monkey ball rated t or else they will ban it because ti has monkey and ball in the same title

and also their blaming this on games to
    Hidden Content

thanks to VeNoMiZA for the sig Hidden Content

The family's of the victims of the Collumbine shooting, sued the gaming idustry for 5 billion dollars last year. Stating that the boys involved with the shooting, were under the influence of videogames. Saying that the boys had played Doom that day. That is a bunch of **** if you ask me.
    Last edited by Rancey; 03-06-2002 at 11:33 PM.
    █▀▀ ▀█▀ █▀▀ ███ █▀█ ▀█▀ █░█ █▀█ █▀▀
    ▀▀█ ░█░ █░█ █░█ █▀█ ░█░ █░█ ██▀ █▀▀
    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ░▀░ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀▀▀

Is this strictly a one player game or are there multiplayer options in GTA3?

its a strictly one payer game, but it would be even better if they made a multiplayer for gta3.
    Ryan J Baker

If gta3 was multiplayer the game would probly be worst because multiplayer games usually aren't as fun and they have sorry graphics. I think gta3 would best as single player in my opinon
    The Simpsons is a short story of my life

it would be awesome multiplayer, 2 people destroying the city, that would be so awesome, they could like team up and beat people down

Im doing a persuassive speech on that exact topic Could you guys Email me all of teh stuff you heard about GTA3 and the whole sueing thing and doom columbine all that if you could thanks alot

Afro_Thunder86@hotmail.com

Thanks again
    The Fro Was Here

I made a speech on video game violence freshman year... I doubt the BS will ever die down, as long as there are teen killers.

i talked about violence in videogames compared to movies, and why videogames shouldnt be blamed, its in a thread called this makes me so mad. i think its in the off topic board somewhere, u could use what i said

I think that our goverment thinks that in the wake of all that has happened somehow, someway, the game makers managed to stash a bag of weed into the console. When ever you start to shoot people it lets the fumes into the air. (or at least this is how they are acting)

Lots of people blame the gaming industry for teen killing and kids dealing drugs. They should look at the ESRB rating, ask questions on the game, and also look at other dangers. Movies, they make people have an even bigger influence because there are real people in the movies and the movie market makes great profit. TV/Cable/Satellite, that is too big. TV is the most common thing out there. Parents need to look over what their children are watching so they don't think of doing something.
    Enviorments, the kids may be around kids who do that wrong stuff and may start to like it.
    Speak, they might be hearing bad stuff.
    That is just some of the stuff that make kids get involved in stuff but Video Games is the first thing to look at.
    You don't know me? I am under you, around you, behind you, everywhere, even above you. I am........
    WORLD!

WHAT I OWN ON XBOX:
    Wreckless
    Dead Or Alive 3
    Star Wars:Obi-Wan
    NFL Fever 2002
    OddWorld:Munch's Oddysee
    Halo
    Mad Dash Racing
    Tony hawk 2x

IMO, the government really doesn't give a **** about gaming. The only reason that senators speak out against gaming is because they fell they can gain a large amount of support from all those overprotective moms. The whole comlumbine thing with doom was so full of BS it wasn't even funny. The parents even said that they had no idea that their kids were making bombs in their rooms. Somehow that sounds like **** parenting to me, not influence from video games. Like a year ago, there was a big issue on a law that was gonna make it so that if a magazine or web site had more than 25%(or something like that) of their viewers under the age of 18, they couldn't advertise for Mature rated games. So many parents feel like they are unable to control their kids so they turn to something else to blame instead of trying to help themselves and their kids. I have been a gamer since I can remember, seen hours upon hours of violence on T.V., taking more than my fair share of ****, and I do great with school and friends. No one with any influence wants to come out and say that it's the parents fault because they fear that they'll lose the support they need. As many of you probably heard, within a week after 9/11, Microsoft Flight Simulater was attacked for helping the terrorists to learn how to fly planes. People just want something to blame so they don't have to tell themsleves "I **** up".

Afro_Boy: If you find that you need some more info on Columbinbe or other gaming issues, feel free to contact me. I live real close to Columbine and would be more than happy to give all the info that I can remember. Email me at bigcheesebubb33@hotmail.com. Also do some searches on MSNBC.com. They usually have plenty of issues on these kinds of things.
    Last edited by Rancey; 03-06-2002 at 11:37 PM.

yea, im so mad about this stuff! today, in toy works, when i went to buy raw (it only has a teen rating), the lady asked me if i was 13 years or older! i mean come on, my mom was right next to me! the woman said that now they have to ask people how old they are, and if they arent old enough, then they cant sell them the game! its such a load of crap! and she also said that if someone wants to buy an m rated game, and theyre under 17, then they cant sell them it. they can probly buy it if a parent is with them, but whats the point of all this? if a kid buys it, and hes underage and his parents dont want him to have it, they can always bring the **** game back. geez, let the god **** parents raise their kids, not the government and ****
    Last edited by Rancey; 03-06-2002 at 11:39 PM.

Thumbs down That would **** me off if GTA3 never made it to XBOX

If it doesn't come out for XBOX that would suck pretty bad!! That game looks pretty awesome! I just hope it makes it.

The second gaming becomes centered in America, ie, American game companies dominating the market, American companies producing hardware, tvs, etc., is when the Senators will back off the industry. Right now, all the gaming industry really did was strengthen foreign markets for the most part. Games are a perfect target, b/c sales decreases would not impact American interest all that much.

That's why movies are NOT targetted: they are centered here, in America, and they do not want to shoot ourselves in the foot. I really hate the way these senators think, and the fact is, they really have no real right to try and display their opinions as accepted facts. Quite frankly, I feel that what needs to be addressed is the modern-day belief, that the human psyche is incredibly weak, and can be warped and destroyed by a simple game. That is an attitude that must change.

yea, if i had the money, id just buy out the government and let kids buy any game they wanted, this is america, the land of the free, yet we are hardly free, we cant buy what we want to, we cant watch what we want to, its so annoying, the bill of rights guaranteed freedom and all that stuff, but we cant use it because the government is limiting everything we do. and another thing, with the game ratings and stuff, they should change the mature age thing. 17 is stupid. like i cant play an m rated game if im 16? when im 16, i can drive a car, but i cant play a videogame? thats so retarted.

Thread Information