Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gta3 Is Bad!

That land of the free, and all that stuff does not apply until you are no longer a minor (18) so they really are not being hypocrits there. What is hypocritical is the 21 y/o drinking age, but that's a whole different story...

If a parent does think that they want to keep their kids away from games such as GTA3 because of their beliefs, I'm usually ok with this. It's when parents decide to blame the video games for their mistakes and the government gets involved. It's one thing to put ratings on games informing the parents but It's another to make it illegal for kids under 17, or whatever the age is, to buy M rated games. Yet a 16 year old can go kill someone with their car.

its true that some kids can't handle this type of game. but at the same time, there are alot of people over 18 who can't either. Maturity doesn't always come with age.

Videogames is the scapegoat whenever someone goes out and kills people. Videogames dont buy the kids a gun or teach them how to make a bomb. I am doing a project for a class about videogame censorship, and stores can sell people of any age videogames, the only reason they wont sell you a game is because of company policy but most clerks couldnt give a POOP about what you get anyways. I have never had trouble judging reality from virtual reality... I would never shoot someone. I don't think it is something about age if you are deranged you will not just snap at games but movies, hate, music, internet. Games are just the SCAPEGOAT FOR BAD PARENTS

What I find really sad is that GTA3 is coming for Gamecube but not Xbox. Gamecube is a younger market and for Rockstar to try to make more money off of them rather than the older market of Xbox is ridiculous.
    Also, at young ages (0-8), kids are often influenced by graphic video games. My cousin attacked somebody in the same manner as somebody on Mortal Kombat, hurting them severly, and he thought it was ok. He had no idea what he had done until he was about 11. While this is an extreme case, it has a point. I do feel, though, that 17 is too high an age for mature games to be limited to.

Default BOO THEM HATERS!!!!

that makes me really made that someone would blame the games for the violence. (I have heard this before but still). I dont know why they would blame! I mean look at the gangster movies and everything else is out, I think that's prob most of the problem! I mean if they have a problem with games why dont they make a new rating or set a rating for adults only if there worried about it? I mean this does sound like a pretty good idea, but kids could still get the games but WHO CARES! I dont! Plus for Columbine that was a year or so ago and they where blamming games like 007, and anyother gun games, I believe. I mean the games aren't into reality to make someone shoot a gun, its mosly movies I think because everythings real but they act it! and very graphic. Another problem for school shootings is if the kid has problems, or something bad happend, something like that would make the kid do dangerous things! I mean I play shooting games and I never think about anything like that, so It must be something different??? WELL THIS IS MY POINT OF VIEW AND HOPEFULLY SOME OF YOU THINK THE SAME WAY!!!!
    Oh someone in here was talking about multiplayer games make the game look dumb with graphics, well look at Halo thats multiplayer and that games tight!

CYA!

Default MAD STILL!!! HOPEFULLY MAKES TO XBOX!!

IT better make it to the Xbox or IM GONNA BE REALLY MAD!!!! OH somebody was saying something about the government, I feel the same as all of you feel! I mean whats the difference if your parents there or not? I mean if your parents there you prob already talked to her about it already or talked about getting it so she dont care so you could go get it yourself or with a parent, whats the difference? I mean your parent is standing right there you buy it and she doesn't watch it anyway, so why bring a parent? And yeah if your moms strict you could play it and if your parents dont like it you could alwayz take it back! IM MAD!!!!

Originally posted by darkgrin
    What I find really sad is that GTA3 is coming for Gamecube but not Xbox.
    gta3 is comin to the gamecube? where did u see that? i though it was only comin to the xbox.

I havn't heard anything about GTA3 for the gamecube. Think I read a press release awhile back about how they were focusing on the PC version, then they'd worry about the xbox version. Or something like that. If it doesn't come out on the xbox we can always buy it for the PC.

GTA3 for the GameCube was denied by Take-Two and Rockstar.

They said they are currently making GTA3 for the PC and XBox.

And there is a rumor of Online Play for both versions.
    Hidden Content
    i waited for you
    i died inside my own head
    and i'd die again for you

i'm faded and tired
    completely uninspired
    and i'd die again for you

so kill me with the love that you won't give to me
    and pack the wound with salt i want to feel it bleed

HaloUK

Originally posted by X-Factor
    The family's of the victims of the Collumbine shooting, sued the gaming idustry for 5 billion dollars last year. Stating that the boys involved with the shooting, were under the influence of videogames. Saying that the boys had played Doom that day. That is a bunch of sh*t if you ask me.
    It doesn't take a smart-ass to work out that that has more to do with America's gun laws than video games. They should have sued the government...

Exclamation It's the Gubment

All --

It's really quite simple: As long as there is something to distract the American/International public from the real cause of violence in America/Elsewhere, the Goverment (Gubment) is going to exploit it. After all, they are behind all the social problems in America right now, IMO.

Check out these sites:

http://www.copvcia.com/free/ww3/02_11_02_lucy.html
    Informative "Time Line" of events leading up to, during, and after the 9/11 attack.

http://www.skolnicksreport.com/
    A court reformer for 40 years, he's uncovered many a Gubment plot.

http://www.guerrillanews.com/crack/
    Crack The CIA: A pretty interesting video re: the CIA and their involvement with Crack in the CIA (as if you didn't already know this.....)

http://www.guerrillanews.com/cocakarma/
    A long, but very well-written and informative article on one man's lawsuit again Coca-Cola. Never heard of it? Of course not. The CIA uses Coca-Cola bottlers around the world as a front for their operatives.

Now, I'm not saying that all this is true (as I can't corroborate the sources) but it's the kind of thing that makes you go "Hmmmm.....".

*getting off my soapbox now*

I'm pretty sure that the government can't be sued. Not totally sure but I heard that somewhere. Even if you could, they'd probably either blackmail or bribe the jury to side with them so it'd be pointless anyway.

Default Suing the Gubment

Just look at the Enron scandal. They want to subpoena the Pres and Vide Pres of the US, and they flat out said "No. You can't."

Official Avs Fan of XBA kornavs19's Avatar

I think the whole world hates kids or something cause once there is something we like (videogames) they take it away wich is ****ing bull****. the stupid people going out and doing that stuff should be put in a looney bin but no. instead we should all get in trouble for the act of others and i swear 2 god GTA III betteer come out for X-Box or else.....

Banned

Default GTA3 IS BAD!

As in good. Why do old people blame these games for bad behavior. Are they not rated so that young kids can't get thier hands on them? Remember it takes a GROWN - UP to even buy this game let alone let there children play it. If these children become violent I believe it is the cause of either bad parenting or lack of communication with the supervision of the adult. I will be first to admit the games such as GTA3 and Max Payne are viloent games, but I would never let the lifestyle in a game be the motive of a lifestyle of crime in the real world. Yeah Joe Shmo killed his classmates because of video game violence, ???? Because his parents never told him right from wrong and never spent time with him and never listened to his problems. What did they do? They went out and bought him these video games so he wouldnt bother them while they sat around and did nothing to be with the kid in the first place. Then the media put's these 45 year old psychologists on tv and they have to blame somebody, but oohhhhh nooo don't blame his parents. Blame the video game. Gimme a break!

SIVEL

Default gta 3 release date

i heard that is was comin to xbox march 31st... on some internet site, i dont no if it is true but i sure hope so. and i heard that gta3 might come to gamecube but right now there workin on the xbox and pc versions. thx alot for the info guys it helped.
    The Fro Was Here

For those of you too young to remember, you can thank Tipper Gore (wife of Presidential candidate Al Gore) for a lot of this censorship crap. She's also the one responsible for warning labels on music. It's more of the old "It takes a village" crap. People wanting everyone else in the village to be responsible for raising their kids. A nice side-effect of this is the ability to sue other village members when your kid turns out to be a murderer.

I don't know about you but I don't want to raise anyone else's kids. I also want to be able to play, watch, or listen to anything I want. If others have a problem with specific content being available for their children maybe they should take some responsibility and act as a gatekeeper. Become an adult and start parenting for a change!

yea, i agree, the government shouldnt try to raise the kids, the parents should, and if the parents dont really care what their kids do, then good for them, but the government shouldnt always be butting in and telling them what they can and cant do

GTA3 will not be on Xbox and definantly not on Gamecube
    get it on PC in April

Thread Information