Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Third Person Shooters ???

Default Best Third Person Shooters ???

I`ve never really liked shooters all that well at least I didn`t think so. Then i bought Red Dead Revolver and loved it. Now I won`t to play a good war game in third person. I played Medal of Honer but I really like third person much better than first. Can anyone tell me some war games that are out or coming out that are in third person? If not are there any other good third person games out there???

Freedom Fighters is short, but not bad. Splinter Cell's are in 3rd person, so are the Grand Theft Autos.. ..not really war though.

I had a blast with Freedom Fighters, and it's well worth it's $20 price tag. Brute Force is also $20, but it's a love it or hate it kind of game. Another good one is Max Payne 2, also in the $20 range...Finally, Ghost Recon 2 is coming out around christmas time. It's got a lot of hype around it, and is said to be a SOCOM (ps2 3rd person shooter) killer

ya the best war 3rd person game out now is freedon fighters..but save ur money cause ghost recon two is gonna be the best 3rd person war game hands down...tho it will be fifty dollars when it hits itll surly be worth it...holla

Renegade of funk

Kill.Switch and Conflict Desert Storm 1&2 are the best third person shooters I've played.

yeah, freedom fighters is a blast to play. It is just really fun and i really like the story. I mean who dosn't wanna kill some commie skum!

Eh, I didn't like Freedom Fighters all that much. If I were you i'd just wait till Ghost Recon 2 comes out. It's sorta like Freedom Fighters except a whole lot better. Also, it's Live capadable.
    Hidden Content

Props to lllSmokelll for the sweet sig

Thanks for all the help so far. Sounds like freedom fighters and ghost recon 2 are good games. I forgot to ask if there are any third person games bases on world war 2 or the vietnam war? I really like playing world war 2 games but the only one I know of are in first person.

I was looking through egm and game pro last night trying to find a ww2 of vietnam game and I found several games but they are either first person or the magazine just doesn`t say which they are. Now why in the hell would a game mag not tell you if a game is in first or third person? I guess most people don`t care. Anyway if anyone knows of any ww2 of vietnam game i would really appreciated the help.

My vote would go to max payne 2. That game is off the hook!

almost forgot. 007:EON is pretty good one level, but this one level is really awesome

I say max payne, or freedom fighters
    Don't get brute force :P
    Hidden Content
    ----------------------------
    Hidden Content
    -super_ryu/ RyuKid

Hitman 2 and 3

I would say EON, The Suffering, Kill.Switch, Max Payne 2, and Psi Ops.

THE SUFFERING! That is an amazing 3rd person, if you like horror. Max Payne 2, if your into a deep story. Kill.Switch, if your into mindless killing, Everything or nothing, if your into auto aim and Bond stuff. Psi Ops, if your into Scifye espionage. Hitman contracts if your into a little bit of stealth in a shooter. Freedom fighters, if your looking for a mission based game that's fun. Conflict desert storm, if your into a war based, unrealistic shooter. Splinter Cells (of coarse) if your into stealth.

Well, that about wraps up all the GOOD 3rd person shooters. Most of the other ones I've played I don't like a whole lot. And I'm pretty sure I've played every shooter on xbox.

Armed and Dangerous is one one the greatest 3-person shooter games I've ever played, but it isn't a war game, at all. It extremely fun and funny, I highly reccomend at least renting it.As far as war games go, I have no idea. I never liked realistic games.
    Hidden Content
    "Happiness is having a scratch for every itch."-Ogden Nash

I wish they would make a new MDK on Xbox

Now thats a good 3rd person shooter.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

There is a new war game coming out soon not sure if its 3rd person its called Shellshock nam 67
    Hidden Content quality="high"width="400"height="120"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

Thanks for breaking it down so well Blindsniper. Sounds like the closest thing I can get to a war game right now is conflict. I saw that have a new Conflict Vietnam coming out so maybe that will be good.

Callum I have heard that Shell shock was going to be first person but in another magizine it said it was going to be third person. Maybe someone can tell us forsure.

Quote Originally Posted by stevnso117

Callum I have heard that Shell shock was going to be first person but in another magizine it said it was going to be third person. Maybe someone can tell us forsure.
    Its a 3rd person shooter...

Heres some videos if you need further proof.

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/661/661123/vids_1.html

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Thread Information