Thread: PSM for Next Generation?!?!

Default PSM for Next Generation?!?!

I've been a loyal subscriber to Next Generation magazine since '95. As you probably know, they ceased publication and January was their last issue.

Well, yesterday I got a copy of Playstation Magazine in the mail with a note explaining that this rag was the substitution they selected for the remainder of my Next Generation subscription. LOL! Couldn't they have picked something LESS interesting?

Anyway, I looked through it yesterday. They were highlighting all the best games of 2001 and they showed upcoming games for 2002. Once again I was reminded how much I love my XBOX. PS2 graphics were so jaggarific that I couldn't believe that anyone would own such a steaming pile of...silicon.

I got a little satisfaction when I saw an advertisement for Transworld Surf that said (in small print) "XBOX SCREENS SHOWN". I was so proud.

PSM is the best video game magazine on the market... even if it is for playstation.

Offical dreamcast magazine was the best... but sadly, that did not last. and OXM is down right pathetic, when you compare.
    Hidden Content

My plots never fail.

Man that sucks, they should have at least given you a choice instead of going brand specific.

Nice note about the 'xbox screens shown'.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Transworld Snowboarding is looking to be a sweet game!

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

Originally posted by sinizuh
    PSM is the best video game magazine on the market... even if it is for playstation.
    I hope you're joking. Ever since the DC came out in the fall of 99, they've been positively craptacular. They have a serious inferiority complex. I love their cry about being unbiased because they are unofficial. How can they be unbiased when their success as a magazine rests soley on the success of the playstation console? Of course they are going to tell you the Sony is the greatest because it would be against their interests to do otherwise, unofficial or not. Once competitionknocked on their door, they showed how biased they could be. One of my favorite highlights: comparing a year old game, NFL2K, to the nearly done Madden 2001 to illustrate the game's superiority. That's unbiased integrity for you.

Default oxm is getting better

last months issue an demo disc wasny bad at all ,i think the magazine is getting better with each issue,an i allso get sent psm an i dont even own a playstation,i think there send me the rest of my dreamcast subscription through psm an yes psm sucks,so the dude who thinks it s the best,get a grip an a copy of XBN
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I heard that the most recent OXM demo disc showed some mouth-watering clips of Brute Force. Man, I want to see that! I don't get the magazine but I am seriously thinking about it

Tell me you did'nt just say that?............ PLEASE TELL ME YOU DID NOT JUST SAY DAT!?!

Dude, WTF.... check dis out, I remember I used to subscribe to the Offical Dreamcast Magazine and after "Imagine Media" canceled that awesome magazine I started get the worse d@mn mag ever in G@yPro,.. I mean GamePro!!

Now your telling me Next-Generation subscribers are getting PSM? NO WAY YO!!

Did they not even bother to ask us if we own that sorry ass system?

That's it, after I get off work this evening im calling them b@stard up! No doubt yo! This just ruined my F'N day!

God help Imagine Media, cause im about to open up a can of whoop ass on dem jackasses!

Sheeeeeeeeeesh, I just sent in another years subscribtion (you know it's $12.00 for 12 issues) so I was gonna increase my years until 2003!!!!!!!

Imagine owns OXM as well, so they better transfer me over to them with issues after my sub ends with them or I want my d@mn money back!

Ninja has spoken!

PSM is a pretty pathetic magazine. My friend has a subscription and I look thru his mag, he looks thru my Xbox mag...I'm done looking at Maximo screenshots and reading crappy articles about how great Devil May Cry is...and I have to wait about 25 more minutes for my friend to finish staring in amazement at the Enclave screenshots...

Hidden Content Xbox games I want to get...

February - Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, WWF RAW is WAR
    March - 007 Agent Under Fire, Brute Force

They did give me the option to cancel the subscription and get the money back for my remaining issues. However, 2/02 would have been my last issue anyway. I'm not going to fight to get my dollar back.

Good luck on getting OXM. That would be some consolation.

Thread Information