Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Mod

Cool Xbox Mod

Hey, I want to set my xbox apart from the rest. I have a great setup goin (won't tell details, I want to be unique!). I am going to install a new skin, a clear jewel and a 8 LED Jewel Ring Setup. I am worried about if the LED Lights will cancel out and void my warrenty. Does anyone know this through past experiences?

As far as I heard, if you rip the sticker on the xbox(you have to, to open the xbox) it voids your warenty.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high">Hidden Content quality="high" pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="180" width="470">

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzie
    As far as I heard, if you rip the sticker on the xbox(you have to, to open the xbox) it voids your warenty.
    ya what he said

But how long does the warranty last anyway? I got my xbox the first Christmas.
    I think it is 90 days, so mine is long expired.
    Last edited by ajtriple2; 07-22-2004 at 07:35 PM.

Its 90 days, if i wanted to mod my xbox,the place i would go would give me there own 90 day to replace the microsoft one.
    Last edited by Fonzie; 07-22-2004 at 08:02 PM.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high">Hidden Content quality="high" pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="180" width="470">

Renegade of funk

No problem with the case mod thread, just as long as it remains just that, and there's no links to questionable sites along the way.
    For the question, yes breaking the stickers and opening the case will void your warranty. If you wanted to do an HD LED activity indicator or a jewel mod you'll have to ditch the top metal cover that's attached to the bottom of the plastic lid. So even if you where careful to not break the stickers, you'll end up destroying that metal cover beyond use and recognition, an indicator that the system was opened. (This was for future modders)
    I case modded my old Xbox. It's officially dead now and I've long since replaced it with a new Halo Ed. Xbox. But I had a goodtime doing it, and when it's done, it's really neat. I did the hard drive LED indicator, made the jewel transparent and lit it up with a 80mm cold cathode tube light from a PC. I took the fan from the that very same light and sawed down the edges and replaced the case fan with that one.
    I had a custom XBA skin and put it on, and finally lit up the controller plugs with a tiny LED. Me+dremel+super glue= boundless projects. Too bad the thing is dead, I did a lot of exterior work to it.
    I won't casenmod out that Halo Xbox. It looks too nice in my own opinion, well that and it still has a good warranty and store warranty for life.
    The toughest part alone was removing the jewel without wrecking the case lid or the jewel. Required a bit of breath holding, a hot air gun and an exacto knife. But it was done well.

So.. Have fun with this, post pictures of your rig if you want, just don't link to other sites or talk about the evil other means of modding. Just case stuff. Lights and fans and stuff like that.

Thanks, I will have fun with this. But on to business. Do you guys think it would look bad if I have a blue led lit up jewel without changing the eject buttons color?> I can always choose a new skin and work with green.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Well, as long as you like why asking everyone's opinions ? If you like it in this way, just do it. Show off your console here !!
    Back into the world of gaming.

My xbox was 2 years old and still under MS warranty. As long as you don't touch the stickers, they'll fix your Xbox. Just an FYI.

I always thought warranty lasts for a year? My friends Xbox's have been broken before and fixed for free because of being under a years warranty.

ajtriple2, man, once you get that done make sure you posts some pictures. I'm getting one of my Xbox's case modded soon. Silver & Black tones, a Clear White Jewel lit up in Blue, LED's in each controller port.

And if that goes well I'm gonna put some LED's in one of my crystal pads. That'll look awsome.

Yea, I am goin with a new look (looks better) to go with the green because it will save me $25 since I would have to add a blue eject/power button. But I order stuff soon and probably be done with the whole thing in 2-4 weeks.

I will post picks and a movie on here. I will use my digital camera to make sure they come out all nice and pretty .
    Last edited by ajtriple2; 07-23-2004 at 10:46 AM.

Awsome.

While we're on the subject does anyone else have a case mod to show off?

1st quick mod, pretty simple...Chrome 360 Skin and a Blue/Grey jewel.

I also have a Black Chrome Xbox w/ a Black Jewel, and I'm working on one at the moment with Blue neon Jewel and paintring it a Cobolt Blue.

Too much fun to be had, I'll post pix of the others when I get a chance.

Nice Tony. Is your eject/power button purple?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-XBA

1st quick mod, pretty simple...Chrome 360 Skin and a Blue/Grey jewel.

I also have a Black Chrome Xbox w/ a Black Jewel, and I'm working on one at the moment with Blue neon Jewel and paintring it a Cobolt Blue.

Too much fun to be had, I'll post pix of the others when I get a chance.
    I really like that design, simple but effective. I hate it when people over do the LED's and stuff. Kind of over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by ajtriple2
    Nice Tony. Is your eject/power button purple?
    Actually it's blue to match the systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-XBA
    That looks good. Please post more pics.

Do you guys think a white skin would look nice with a Blue Jewel and Blue Eject Power Colour? I got loads of time on my hands over the summer so I've decided I'm gonna do this.

Edit: Decided on a pritty good look

Two Tones, Silver and Dark Blue.
    Custom Marine Light Blue Jewel with Dark Blue LED's
    Light Blue LED's in each control port
    Eject/Power Button Blue
    Samsung Drive Installed

Ahhh, nice setup, it'll look good next to my crystal too

pics will be up as soon as it's done, I'll also make a little tuturiol if alot of people get intrested
    Last edited by SoundX; 07-25-2004 at 04:08 PM.

IMO, paint your box, dont use a skin...looks much better and you can say that you did it and didnt just put on a sticker. I had mine modded in a few ways. I had green leds in teh little circles above teh controller ports and when u plugged in a controller the led would light up. But defanetly PAINT your box.

Yeah, I'm gonna do that. What sort of paint do you recomend?

Thread Information