Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DOAU What's the point?

Default DOAU What's the point?

From what I've read DOAU is just a compitation of the previous releases. What's the point. Why would I want to buy DOA1 and 2? Why not just release a 4?

Mr. Mojo

It will be the first online 3d fighter.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

DOA Ultimate is a compliation of DOA 1 and 2. Two will receive a massive graphics overhaul (think gfx's of DOA: Beach Volleyball) and 1 will stay the same as it was on Sega Saturn. Both games will feature online play, which is a first for 3D fighting. I personally, can't wait.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I think it's going to be some serious eye candy in HDTV. I'll likely check this game out...maybe not buy, but, atleast rent for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JJaX-XBA
    It will be the first online 3d fighter.
    Dats right! And it's gonna be hot to def! DOA aint da deepest fighter out there, but it will be vastly entertaining! Da downside is it is a button masher, but first 3D fighter ever online is summin dis cat just cant pass up!
    I aint feelin da idea of DOA1, but I aint complain as it will be 2 games in 1 box, sounds 2 sweeeeeeeet!!

btw, I gonna murk yo ass wit Hitomi on dat joint JJax!

To Hell with Having Fun Darkside's Avatar

How is DOA a button masher?
    The media needs another blackout.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside
    How is DOA a button masher?
    Just mash on dem buttons and you will do moves dat will put Michael Jackson to shame.

Com'on dawg, you play dis joint and Soul Calibur 1 & 2 and see foe ya-self.
    SC is a classic. Matta fact da first joint on Sega Dreamcast is still considered da greatest fighting game of all-times.
    It even got a 10/10/10/10 score from da most respected review magazine in videogame history ala Famitsu Japan.

Nuff said.

DOA2 & 3 are aight fighters, but know where in SC's league other than killer visuals which aint sayin much since it's all about gameplay, ya huuurd me mang!

Oh, well I don't really button mash when I play so yeah..

as for Soul Calibur I tottally agree

I give up trying to read his posts, but yea, I don't agree, it's not a Button Masher...
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Scroll
    Just mash on dem buttons and you will do moves dat will put Michael Jackson to shame.

Com'on dawg, you play dis joint and Soul Calibur 1 & 2 and see foe ya-self.
    SC is a classic. Matta fact da first joint on Sega Dreamcast is still considered da greatest fighting game of all-times.
    It even got a 10/10/10/10 score from da most respected review magazine in videogame history ala Famitsu Japan.

Nuff said.

DOA2 & 3 are aight fighters, but know where in SC's league other than killer visuals which aint sayin much since it's all about gameplay, ya huuurd me mang!

Soul Calibur - I can't say anything I never played it.
    Soul Calibur II - You're joking right? This is the worst fighting game I've ever played, easily the most overrated game.

DOA isn't a button masher, you play someone who knows how to do stuff (myself) and mash buttons, you'll get owned. You an me Scroll when DOA: Ultimate comes out!

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

DOAU will be the first game to be online in the 3D fighting games for Xbox. Tecmo want to make sure everyone just own the complete series and not to miss some of the best figthing series.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by LTM360
    Soul Calibur - I can't say anything I never played it.
    Soul Calibur II - You're joking right? This is the worst fighting game I've ever played, easily the most overrated game.

DOA isn't a button masher, you play someone who knows how to do stuff (myself) and mash buttons, you'll get owned. You an me Scroll when DOA: Ultimate comes out!

YOU'RE Joking right?

SC2 is the best fighting game ever made. You probably just really suck at it.

DOA is a button masher.

You can put up a decent if you can:

Counter
    Mash buttons
    Block

DOA is very shallow compared to SC2.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

The only real button mashers I would know of are 2D fighters

but SC is NOT a button masher, and it is one of the best fighters on xbox

Iron Phoenix, I wonder what'll be like a lot

I think any current fighting game can be called a button masher by the right person. All I can say is that in Soul Calibur II when I fight guys on hard, I can't beat them when I actually use skill my skill(which isn't very good, but better than anyone I know), but when I button mash, they usually don't even get a chance.

I don't care if DOAU will be a button masher. All I can say is let the boobs fly!

Quote Originally Posted by Cryogenic Pyro
    I think any current fighting game can be called a button masher by the right person. All I can say is that in Soul Calibur II when I fight guys on hard, I can't beat them when I actually use skill my skill(which isn't very good, but better than anyone I know), but when I button mash, they usually don't even get a chance.
    It's pritty easy to win button bashing on Soul Calibur 2 against a CPU player, but seriously, actual players will own anyone who even tries it.

Any Dead or Alive Ultimate will be great, but I hope their won't be XBox Live records, because it's pritty random who gets the KO.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundX
    It's pritty easy to win button bashing on Soul Calibur 2 against a CPU player, but seriously, actual players will own anyone who even tries it.
    DING! DING! DING! DING!

THank you!

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution is the best 3D fighter IMO. I think it is even better the Soul Calibur 2 *GASP!*. VF4 Evo has an extremely deep combat system and button mashing will get you no where. In SC2 you can easily button mash and get a cheap victory.
    Hidden Content
    Currently Playing
    Fable (Xbox)
    Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox)
    Guilty Gear X2 #Reload (Xbox)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Virtua Fighter 4 is definitly better than SC 2 to bad its not on Xbox.

In that game its so hard to button mash because it gets you nowhere

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Sweet! Fighting game debate!!!

There's no question that DOA is a button masher...but, I think Ninja Scroll said it the best in his first post. The game is still going to be sweet ala XBox Live...and it's the first 3d Fighting game and definately a peice of eye candy...especially in HDTV.

Can a veteran DOA player own a n00b who is button mashing? Definately, but, the button masher would hold his own and definately land some punches, for sure.

With Soul Caliber II, a skilled player playing against a button mashing n00b can actually get his victory without having a single centimeter of his health gage decreasing.

And, I agree with Sigma, too....V4 is right up there with the best of fighting games when it comes to depth...it's right up there with SC II, there's no question.

So, all in all, DOAU is likely going to be a very fun game....provide some great eye candy, and it's the very first on-line 3D fighter on XBox. It's not the deepest fighting game in the world, but, it will definately be a lot of fun and will be well rounded for the XBox Live audience, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma
    In SC2 you can easily button mash and get a cheap victory.
    Against someone who doesnt know how to play, YES.

Against someone with skill, NO

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Thread Information