Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ninja gaiden camera issues and more..:)

Default ninja gaiden camera issues and more..:)

recently I was playing ninja gaiden, few things ..

first it's a ****ing good game!! Where this game was hiding all this years ?
    whaewaw like the good old times of fighting thinking, story , great, but one thing is amazing me...

the camera issue, no matter what u tell me it's bad, I do agree with many that this game worth the getting use to it, but come on , this is bad programming no matter what you tell me...

Amazing me is gamspot, that last year bashed spider man one
    Just because of the camera, and said that this game could get very high score if only the camera was good, what happened this time? they gave ninja gaiden such a high score and preferred to ignore this matter, what amazes me is that even the company who brought this game programmed new version that fix this issue, so that's my opinion on this thing...

I'm guessing because as a whole Ninja Gaiden just beats the crap outta Spiderman, burns it, and pees on the ashes...

I personally have zero problems with this games camera, mind you, im very very used to hitting the right trigger to fix the angle, but doing that isn't a problem to me. I'm currently on Chapter 8 and have no idea what to do... I think I missed a weapon I need

(Warhammer)

And the new hurricane Download from live comes out monday to fix all the camera angles and makes the game harder !!

woooohooo!

I wanna try it again with the Hurricane download
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Hmm.. the camera won't bug me at all.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Yea I really, really can't stand this game. I'm keeping it just for this download than if it is still frustrating then i'll trade it or something...

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Seriously, dudes...I like the camera. It's like any game, if you think about it...all you do is get used to it and then it's fine.

I'm tired of hearing people cry over how hard Ninja Gaiden is... just go back to playing Pac Man, n00bs.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Wow, Max got mad....but i agree with him.
    Back into the world of gaming.

I am failing to see the flaw with the camera.....

Works fine for me...

Learn to use your right trigger, noobs.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

2 born killers of society Hard Boiled Cop's Avatar

When you're jumping around other platforms, it does get irritating. But still manage to get use to it.
    Easy to pick up, hard to put down.

Personaly I've never had any major issues with the camera, but I tend to pull R alot to get it behind me. The only time it can become a pain is when your in the middle of a leap of faith and the camera pulls to the side.

I'm with Max, people who complain about difficulty in a game (Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, Dead to Rights) piss me off, the best games are difficult.

I'm on chapter 9, and gradually finding all the scarabs in the path, go gamefaqs.com!

I think the camera in Ninja Gaiden is nice. One of the really nice features of the camera, is the trigger reset. I am a HUGE fan of the Devil May Cry series (which I think arguably is right up there with Ninja Gaiden in terms of difficulty. The first Devil May Cry possibly surpassing it) the camera in Devil May Cry could be a lil frustrating at times, and there was no reset for it. So, with Ninja Gaiden having it's camera set up the way it is, not to mention the resest. I think it's a wonderful system.

I can understand why some people would get frustrated with this game. There is such a huge wave of Shooters, and mindless killing games out there, alot of people may not be old enough to have experienced the old skool, hard core stuff, rather just been introduced to the gaming world through Halo. I could be totally wrong about that, and I am not really tagging that on anyone. I'm just saying it's a posibility, because I simply didn't find Halo all that mind wreckingly difficult. Heh. However, it is one of my favorite games. Sure, there are RPG's, and Stealth/Action titles out there that are somewhat difficult, but still some of the most acclaimed difficult games, do not stack up with the old skool stuff. For example, I thought Mace Griffin was a huge, and relatively difficult game, with great A.I., and huge levels. Not to mention some rather aggravating moments when you had to find something, or a path. But, sadly there wasn't alot of talk about that game. Oh well.. Yet, I have heard some mention that Rid**** is brainshredding. I didn't find Rid**** a pushover game, but it wasn't anything compared to Mace Griffinf in terms of difficulty. My opinion.

In closing, Ninja Gaiden is simply not a game that you will pick up and defeat with great ease. There may be some folks who have done it, but I'm betting that are less than more. Give your self a chance with the game, and you will be rewarded with a huge slap of success, and one of the most gorgeous games to ever hit a console, imo.
    Hidden Content

All the cool sigs were taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Splinter-Seal
    I think the camera in Ninja Gaiden is nice. One of the really nice features of the camera, is the trigger reset. I am a HUGE fan of the Devil May Cry series (which I think arguably is right up there with Ninja Gaiden in terms of difficulty. The first Devil May Cry possibly surpassing it)

I think Devil May Cry is better than Ninja Gaiden, how about you? I mean, a demon with guns, and goes to hell just a much more kick ass idea than a ninja that can cuts heads off... dangit... I dunno, both these games rule....

Original great action/adventue - Devil May Cry
    Original great 2D action/adventure - Viewtiful Joe
    Xbox's kick ass action/adventure - Ninja Gaiden

Those 3 games right there, are the 3 best games I've ever played on next-gen systems... play them by any means necessary!

I can't pick a best....

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-XBA
    Wow, Max got mad....but i agree with him.
    lol, dude...yeah, it just gets annoying seeing people whimper and cry about the difficulty of Ninja Gaiden. Seriously, the camera was challenging at first for me since I've been playing so much damn Halo which is an FPS. Ninja Gaiden, being in a 3rd person perspective, was a bit challenging at first. In fact, I wasn't used to it until I beat the boss that's on the horse. After playing against that dude, I got so damn used to it that the camera became like second nature. I wouldn't change a thing with it, personally.

I just think of Ninja Gaiden like any other game...meaning by standing by the ultimate rule of thumb: Just practice a game, get used to the control scheme, and then kick some ass. It's that simple

well it's funny how much we were craving for game like this , that we dont mind to disreagard the camera problems, ninja gaiden have lot of it, why the right thumb can't control the camera like every third prespective game..

Quote Originally Posted by odpr
    well it's funny how much we were craving for game like this , that we dont mind to disreagard the camera problems, ninja gaiden have lot of it, why the right thumb can't control the camera like every third prespective game..
    Because they wanted to make it for people who are cool and not noobs. Maybe some people like it, but i bought this game and it collects dust because I don't have time to "practice". I have 40 other games spanning every console that I dont have to practice to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by odpr
    I believe the hurricane pack address the camera "issue." Allowing users to move the camera with the right thumb stick. Perhaps you can still get into a first person view when you click the Right thumb stick.

Im guessing here...

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

2 born killers of society Hard Boiled Cop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy
    Because they wanted to make it for people who are cool and not noobs. Maybe some people like it, but i bought this game and it collects dust because I don't have time to "practice". I have 40 other games spanning every console that I dont have to practice to enjoy.
    What???? I think right thumbstick should definitely solve the camera issues.
    Easy to pick up, hard to put down.

I'm listening to a lot of people who are saying that 'They get pissed off when ppl complain about Ninja Gaiden'. Well I'm here to complain too! I would also like to point out that I am NOT a newb! If I like a game, I wrap it. Usually on the hardest possible setting. Ninja Gaiden annoys me. It's pretty. Heck it's downright beautiful! It's a challengs, heck, it's downright hard! These are good things. BUT! .... When I'm trying to fight a guy on a horse, and I find myself jumping BLIIND trying to anticipate where he MIGHT be. That's a serious problem!

As the game stands now there is no real use for the right thumbstick. It SHOULD change the camera. Even Team Ninja seems to think so! This is a valid complaint. It won't make the game any less hard (except from the viewpoint that you'll accually be ably to see what you kill!) If you like it the way that it is now, simply don't use the right thumbstick. For those of us that like the immersive qualities in a video game. For example looking where you want to look. You need to be ABLE to look where you want. There would have been no downside to a controlable camera. Yet, according to a lot of people, myself included, there has been a HUGE downside to the lack of camera control.

I'm not even playing the game right now. I have other games on the go. If there is ever a time that I don't have another game that I'm working on then I'll try it again.

And for a lot of you in this thread, not liking something about a game, DOESN'T make you a newb. Not liking something about a game DOESN'T make you an idiot. No game will please all. I feel the camera critisism is valid.

Thread Information