Thread: Bytes per hour

Default Bytes per hour

I'm curious. If I'm playing Halo online, approximately how many bytes per hour am I transmitting/receiving? I only ask this because my ISP has 3G limit per month (I can upgrade this amount for a price, if necessary).
    Signatures are a boring reminder that everyone might have a personality.

When you play with the tunnel service through gamespy it actually has a counter of bytes sent and bytes received.

Depending on how much you play I think you will hit exceed that 3 gig limit before the month is up.

I'll have to check to see what the final numbers are after like an hour of playing.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

if it is anything like PC games it isnt very big, My ISP used to have a 2.5gb limit, i played all the time, never had a problem
    Hidden Content
    About the same amount of power as an xbox....

It's a lot bigger than PC games. That is why it requires a broadband connection.

I agree that it is much bigger. This is also why servers lag on Gamespy with just 4 players when there is no lag on a server with 32 players for a pc game like UT.

The upstream is the biggest requirement that I can see for online xbox gaming.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

there is a lot of lag in UT because 20 of the 32 are 56kers, and sure, it is on a DVD making it big, but the whole game is using programmable shaders to use the nvidia chip making programming a lot smaller, and if there is no lag, then there cant be too much data being thrown around, ive been in some pc games with all cable users and lag, i think a lot of it has to do with the net code, and most likely the xbox games net code is gonna kick arse but i dont think you have to worry about gigs being sent through while playing your games, there is no way..yet
    Hidden Content
    About the same amount of power as an xbox....

Thread Information