Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bill Gates Wants Nintendo!

Starving College Student

Default Bill Gates Wants Nintendo!

German magazine Wirtschafts Woche reported today that Microsoft would jump at the possibility of acquiring Nintendo if the opportunity presented itself. Microsoft co-founder and chairman Bill Gates told analysts in the United States that he would immediately make an offer IF Nintendo's majority shareholder, billionaire Hiroshi Yamauchi, were ready to sell.

What would happen if Microsoft acquired Nintendo? Would the Xbox and the Revolution fuse into one single console? Would you like to see Mario on Xbox?

Discuss things in our forums in this special thread.
    http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/6456/M...uying-Nintendo

unfortunately, i think Yamauchi is too arrogant to ever sell Nintendo. if anyone remembers what he was like as President before he retired, you'll know what i mean.

I for one would love nintendo software on microsoft hardware....that way they could pump out online games without worrying about whether they're profitable or not.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Mario on the xbox....I can only wish!!

Bah it wont happen...thought I do miss Zelda .
    Hidden Content
    Props for the sweet sig to xbocks.

It'd be aite, but i'll take rainbow six any day over mario. mario days have been over for me for a while.
    -Mark

Don't see that ever ever happening.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Waste of money if you ask me.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Spartan17
    Can someone please tell me how to get on MS paint and get a good sig

That would be tight but its not going to happen unless Ninty's new console is the suX0rZ again...i would love it to happen because i have always wanted to take my xbox games along with me on a handheld...plus since the new handheld from nintendo is going to be online M$ could show the just how to succeed in the online world.

I could only hope.

But, Koopa as you said, there's no way he'd sell. It would be the smartest business decision for him, because honestly, Nintendo is going nowhere but downhill. I'm convinced.

Playstations PSP, is gonna walk all over Nintendo DS. You know it, I know it, now if only he'd know it. I don't like the idea, but it will. Playstation is now a much more marketable name then Nintendo. And the public is gonna buy Playstation PSP, I would. Because Nintendo is just gonna throw out remakes again, hence the first big titles Super Mario 64x4.

Gamecube. Nintendo is doing the best they can to make Gamecube just tank. Everything other than hardware from Nintendo toward the Gamecube has been absolute crap. Everybody else is passing out the AAA quality titles, and Nintendo let go of it's best developers in Silicon Knights & Rareware. So, they have to rely on Capcom, Retro Studios, & Camelot Co. Ltd. to pull off good titles for the Gamecube.

He won't sell, but he should.

Zelda on xbox...drool....

Slowride

So bill gates told american analysts that he'd jump at the chance to buy a japanese company.....and it's being reported from a german magazine? Something seems off.

Starving College Student

I could only hope.

But, Koopa as you said, there's no way he'd sell. It would be the smartest business decision for him, because honestly, Nintendo is going nowhere but downhill. I'm convinced.
    agreed
    Playstations PSP, is gonna walk all over Nintendo DS. You know it, I know it, now if only he'd know it. I don't like the idea, but it will. Playstation is now a much more marketable name then Nintendo. And the public is gonna buy Playstation PSP, I would. Because Nintendo is just gonna throw out remakes again, hence the first big titles Super Mario 64x4.
    not so sure. DS is the next game boy in all but name, and that's got just as much name recognition as playstation. but i do think PSP will beat DS, though it may not trounce it totally.

but remakes? thats a cheap shot, considering almost everything on PSP is a PS2 port.
    Gamecube. Nintendo is doing the best they can to make Gamecube just tank. Everything other than hardware from Nintendo toward the Gamecube has been absolute crap. Everybody else is passing out the AAA quality titles, and Nintendo let go of it's best developers in Silicon Knights & Rareware. So, they have to rely on Capcom, Retro Studios, & Camelot Co. Ltd. to pull off good titles for the Gamecube.
    thats true for some titles...but Wind Waker was brilliant, and metroid had a lot of oversight from nintendo. they handed out their franchises to capcom, retro, camelot, etc, to free up their own guys to work on zelda, mario, etc...although results have been few and far between, theyve all been good.

i think with MS behind them, nintendo woulnd't have to worry about funding, or supporting a failing system, and could just make games.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Pokemon on XBL....*drool*

To Hell with Having Fun Darkside's Avatar

Zelda on Xbox would be orgasmic.
    The media needs another blackout.

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa
    ...but Wind Waker was brilliant.

Wind Waker is the worst thing to come out of Nintendo since the Virtual Boy. Great fighting, great action, great graphics. Awful, terrible, boring, lame, sucky, crappy, ultra-mega-bad story, and the most tedious elements I've seen in an action/adventure game in my life. The sailing idea, was tedious, and overall, again, one of the worst idea from Nintendo. Namco could make a better Zelda game at this point, heck, they did a better job making Link a decent charcter in Soul Calibur... oh wait, my bad, LINK WASN'T EVEN IN WIND WAKER!!! "Some panzy kid, who dresses up as 'The Hero' on his 10th birthday. His Sister gets captured, and he goes off on a quest to find her." LAME! His sister. Not the princess, oh yeah, duh, she was in the game, but Zelda was a pirate who didn't know she was Zelda. LAME! You run around the giant Lake looking for peices of the Triforce. LAME! This game's story is so bad, that Crave could make a better story with Kabuki Warriors.

Shall we go back? Ocarina of Time. That was, and still is a masterpiece. That game is why video games should be considered 'Art'. If there is anyone here who hasn't played Ocarina of Time, you can get a Nintendo 64 for free if you just buy 3 games over $4.98 on ebgames.com I suggest you do that offer, and buy Ocarina of Time with it, and realize that grand days of Nintendo. The story is fantastic, the bosses are fantastic, the temples are in an abundance (sp), full of difficulty, story, graphics, and music that have yet to be matched in any video game.

Nintendo should've stuck with what worked, and just made a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time, I doubt they could've messed that game up as bad as they did Wind Waker.

Quote Originally Posted by LTM360

Wind Waker is the worst thing to come out of Nintendo since the Virtual Boy. Great fighting, great action, great graphics. Awful, terrible, boring, lame, sucky, crappy, ultra-mega-bad story, and the most tedious elements I've seen in an action/adventure game in my life. The sailing idea, was tedious, and overall, again, one of the worst idea from Nintendo. Namco could make a better Zelda game at this point, heck, they did a better job making Link a decent charcter in Soul Calibur... oh wait, my bad, LINK WASN'T EVEN IN WIND WAKER!!! "Some panzy kid, who dresses up as 'The Hero' on his 10th birthday. His Sister gets captured, and he goes off on a quest to find her." LAME! His sister. Not the princess, oh yeah, duh, she was in the game, but Zelda was a pirate who didn't know she was Zelda. LAME! You run around the giant Lake looking for peices of the Triforce. LAME! This game's story is so bad, that Crave could make a better story with Kabuki Warriors.

THANK YOU! That is the smartest thing I have heard all day.

Finally,someone shares my opinion on what a ****ty game Wind Wanker is.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Spartan17
    Can someone please tell me how to get on MS paint and get a good sig

Shall we go back? Ocarina of Time. That was, and still is a masterpiece. That game is why video games should be considered 'Art'. If there is anyone here who hasn't played Ocarina of Time, you can get a Nintendo 64 for free if you just buy 3 games over $4.98 on ebgames.com I suggest you do that offer, and buy Ocarina of Time with it, and realize that grand days of Nintendo. The story is fantastic, the bosses are fantastic, the temples are in an abundance (sp), full of difficulty, story, graphics, and music that have yet to be matched in any video game.

Nintendo should've stuck with what worked, and just made a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time, I doubt they could've messed that game up as bad as they did Wind Waker.

A scathing and powerful review!

Who cares about Ocarina and Wind Waker? Majora's Mask is the best next gen zelda game out there

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaCigara
    Who cares about Ocarina and Wind Waker? Majora's Mask is the best next gen zelda game out there

You poor poor little child.

/me takes entire crowd of XBA memebers, and directs them away from Alphacigara as he cries, alone, scared, hungry, and almost dead by the campfire.

"It's so sad. It really is."

You poor poor little child.

/me takes entire crowd of XBA memebers, and directs them away from Alphacigara as he cries, alone, scared, hungry, and almost dead by the campfire.

"It's so sad. It really is."
    stfj00, everybody knows i'm older than you and much better looking

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

uhm.okay, windwaker wasnt that good, but albeit, it was worth the time i put into it.

Ocarina of time was one of the best damn gamnes ever, till halo rolled along.

but aquiring nintendo solely for windwaker, or even for mario, hell, even samus, isnt that great an idea.

I think a viewtiful joe on the box would be spectacular. Or perhaps a resident evil 5? or resident evil: code joe( i swear im not a zombie, until the end of the game where you realize i am).

Capcom has really been neglecting us (dino crisis 3? wtf?), but some titles from them would rock hard.

in fact, screw nintendo, why dont we just get capcom?
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Thread Information