Thread: Serious Xbox Problem

Angry Serious Xbox Problem

I turn on my Xbox, open the disc tray, insert the game, play and press the eject button. Something's wrong! It doesn't open! And the screen's black too! OK! I shut down the Xbox. Restart. Nothing! The screen's black and the disc won't come out! After millions of button pushings the tray opens! The Xbox OS is started too! I take the DVD out and close the empty tray, try opening it a few times: it works! I reinsert the game disc, the game starts, I play and push the eject button: it doesn't open! I've learned two things on this problem: it's not the reader and the tray opens with pure luck! Does anyone can help me? I mean it's an ordinary problem? Is there a trick to be used to open the tray and start the OS of the Xbox?
    ''A Ninja's vengeance runs not only through his blood, but through his soul...''

I've never heard of this before, but I can tell you how to open the tray, hopefully. There is a manual open button about the size of a pentip under the CD-Rom tray, near the open button, you have to stick a pin or a paperclip or something in there and it should open.

Cry

Thanx a lot, man! I will really try that! Thanx again!
    ''A Ninja's vengeance runs not only through his blood, but through his soul...''

I'd be intrigued to know if it worked. Post back with your results.

Sad *sigh*

Sorry, man! It didn't work! And I can't play! And there's no way to fix my Xbox in the month of august! Here in Italy, everyone's in vacation! Sh*t!

All Xbox come with a years warranty, if you got your Xbox less than a year ago you should be able to get it repaired for free. If not, you may be looking at some big payments. At that stage sometimes it's just easier to buy a new box. That's what I had to do, repairs costed £10 less than a brand new box. So it wasn't worth the trouble.

I had no idea what that tiny hole under the dvd tray was, now I know. Pritty cool.

I currently don't have the money to fix or buy Xbox! What I need is some trick or technical advice (open, move that, pull the wire kinda stuff)! But, I'm still in warranty! That's a good thing! But I cant find a Microsoft service center (in Italy)!

I have the number for loads of countries, it comes included with emails from them. And guess what, the only number that wasn't included was Italys.

Anyway, get on www.xbox.com and get their customer service email. Tell them the problem and that your still in warranty. They'll discuss it with you, see if you can fix it. Then if not they'll give you a number to organize a repair.

Yeah! Ok! I'll try that! Any other advices?

Renegade of funk

Couple of questions for you:

Is the green power light flashing constant orange and green during all this, or is it a full red color? That's how the Xbox notifies you of a serious internal problem.
    Orange is usually easily correctable, red is a serious issue.

Second, be honest I won't shut the thread down, is your Xbox modded? From what I hear even the slightest hiccup in the modded bios will cause erratic behavior in a Xbox.

Modded or not, if you can get video, if there was a major problem, there will be the Black screen of death with the message of something like: We're sorry but this Xbox needs repairs. There will be an error code, and the message appears in several languages, as well the phone number to call.

You asked this before recently, right? But it was just the DVD tray wouldn't open. The no video problem is something new?

Something is making me that you have an erratic power supply. I'm not sure, but this is making me think that. Something is causing serious system irregularities, a PSU fault possibly, or the OS (a version of Win2000) is becoming corrupted and signals aren't being sent or routed correctly if at all.

You have to look at the Xbox as a computer, and try to figure out what causes this to occur. Power? OS? Hardware? Or a combination of all. Seems to me that the no video is a sign of something really bad and something we are not going to be able to correct.

there is a hole under the DVD tray. if you push a paper clip in there, it will eject the tray. but it isnt pusing a button..it is pushing a lever that manually ejects the tray. so you have to push fairly hard..and you will need the paper clip to be about 2 inches long so you can push it in far enough.

and i dont know where you guys are buying xboxes..but they come with a 90 day warranty, not 1 year.

Sad I think I'll have to throw my Xbox away!

Ok! The LED flashes green, my Xbox is absolutely not modded (I love MS too much), the black screen is BLACK with no message, the black screen is not a new problem, the power supply is 220V and is within the Xbox's accepted range. My personal opinion is that the OS has been corrupted in some way. I already tried to take apart the Xbox: Severe estetical damage and I still didn't manage to open the upper part (the frontal part is much easier to pull out, but the wires that are linked to the LED are stopping me from totally removing the frontal piece)! I am going to buy another Xbox from Ebay.it! All my saved games are gonna be wasted, but that's life! I can still play! SO I'm gonna replay the 120 hours of Ninja Gaiden, the 10 unlocked DOA3 costumes, the progress with Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes, all the 34 cars of Midtown Madness 3, Halo finished on easy and normal, the teams of Unreal Championship... *sniff* Nice times! But there's still a hope! If I could enter the Xbox OS and modify it in some way! Or use a program like System Check on it... too good to be real! The part I can't pull out is the upper carcass (the one with the Xbox sign on it)! It's like stuck on the rear of the Xbox. If anyone can tell me a solution on how to open manualy the tray (I already tried the small pushing button thing: the LED continuosly flashes green and the tray remains closed) I'd really appreciate it!

...screws....

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StevXtreme
    Ok! The LED flashes green, my Xbox is absolutely not modded (I love MS too much), the black screen is BLACK with no message, the black screen is not a new problem, the power supply is 220V and is within the Xbox's accepted range. My personal opinion is that the OS has been corrupted in some way. I already tried to take apart the Xbox: Severe estetical damage and I still didn't manage to open the upper part (the frontal part is much easier to pull out, but the wires that are linked to the LED are stopping me from totally removing the frontal piece)! I am going to buy another Xbox from Ebay.it! All my saved games are gonna be wasted, but that's life! I can still play! SO I'm gonna replay the 120 hours of Ninja Gaiden, the 10 unlocked DOA3 costumes, the progress with Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes, all the 34 cars of Midtown Madness 3, Halo finished on easy and normal, the teams of Unreal Championship... *sniff* Nice times! But there's still a hope! If I could enter the Xbox OS and modify it in some way! Or use a program like System Check on it... too good to be real! The part I can't pull out is the upper carcass (the one with the Xbox sign on it)! It's like stuck on the rear of the Xbox. If anyone can tell me a solution on how to open manualy the tray (I already tried the small pushing button thing: the LED continuosly flashes green and the tray remains closed) I'd really appreciate it!
    Well, that's a good purpose to play again with your old games. But ok, hope everything is okie or you.....
    Back into the world of gaming.

PM me before you buy another Xbox

PM you? What's that supposed to be? If it means post-mail you then that means I have a good "instinct"!

PM = Private Message

Just click on his name in the thread and select Sent Private Message.
    Salmy says:
    so I'm going to this stupid optimist dinner tonight that my buddy's dad invited me to
    Salmy says:
    I'm pretty pessimistic about it

Yeah! Ok! I'll try that! Any other advices?
    i've got bad news regarding your current xbox. my first xbox just went through the same exact thing. it would take 20-30 minutes to get the system to actually start up. the tray would not open without using the emergency method w/a paper clip (by the way, it's not only far in, apparently a very small target. keep at it with a paper clip and you'll eventually find the tray release).

after watching this decline over the course of about 2 months, it eventually got to the place that replacement was necessary, which i just did last weekend. if you buy yourself a memory module, you can transfer most of your saves to the new xbox that way. it will also transfer your xbox live account, if you're signed up for that. some games, however (i.e. KOTOR) have saves that are too big to fit on the 502 block module. nothing you can do there. i was able to move all my nfl2k5, madden, nfs underground, etc...saves to my new box, and being able to move the live account was much easier than going through the dashboard process. all you'll need to do is get the old one up and running one last time in order to get the saves off of it.

it's definitely aggravating to have something on which you spent a good amount of money crap out after a couple of years. i just bought my new xbox and bought the extended warranty because i don't feel like going through this crap again.
    Hidden Content
    props (not propellers) to thecovenant for the sig

Cry *sniff*, *sniff*...

Wow! That's a pretty BAD news! Looks like there's no other way! Bye, bye my little big Xbox!

around from time to time CMX Jedi's Avatar

sounds like the drive is just bad, if you dont have a warrenty anymore you can buy a new drive and install it yourself, i dont know where to buy it thow.

Thread Information