Thread: Friends Xbox Freezing

Official Avs Fan of XBA kornavs19's Avatar

Default Friends Xbox Freezing

Hey was wondering if any of you had this problem or could help.Every time i go to my friends house and we pllay xbox it ends up not being for too long cause his xbox is always freezing..Its wors on NHL-Hitz 2002 but Project gotham freezes and all his other games also...Halo was the only game that wouldnt freeze but he told me that it actually froze the other day..Then when he brings some of his games over here they work fine and go fast..His when they do work fine go so slow..It freezes randomly..Mostly in the menu of a game..Any help would be appreciated...The only help i gave him was if he got the 3 year warranty to hurry up and bring the xbox in and get it replaced or something..Thanks

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

How old is the XBox?

i get the same problem alot now... i think its my xbox dec 01 xbox...

damn, i hope it doesnt blow up.. cause i dont have money for another one
    Hidden Content Tune&bg=8" quality="high"width="400"height="160"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="Hidden Content style="font-family: Impact">Dz

Official Avs Fan of XBA kornavs19's Avatar

Maxy - He got it the christmas it came out..So Dec. 01'..Same as mine.. The longest warranty was 3 year right ? I think thats what I have, goanna go do teh math and see i f its still under warranty..

around from time to time CMX Jedi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kornavs19
    Maxy - He got it the christmas it came out..So Dec. 01'..Same as mine.. The longest warranty was 3 year right ? I think thats what I have, goanna go do teh math and see i f its still under warranty..
    it should still be under warranty till this christmas.

you can call MS and extend your warranty also...$26 for a year..good deal for the peace of mind. my friends xbox also does this alot. mine used to do it rather frequently, but i sent it to get fixed (under warranty) shipped it monday, got it back friday, with a brand new samsung DVD drive(had a thompson when it left), and it didnt cost me anything...they send you a box to ship it in, with postage paid. just make sure you back up your saved games to memory cards, cause they erased my drive

around from time to time CMX Jedi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by severd hed
    you can call MS and extend your warranty also...$26 for a year..good deal for the peace of mind. my friends xbox also does this alot. mine used to do it rather frequently, but i sent it to get fixed (under warranty) shipped it monday, got it back friday, with a brand new samsung DVD drive(had a thompson when it left), and it didnt cost me anything...they send you a box to ship it in, with postage paid. just make sure you back up your saved games to memory cards, cause they erased my drive
    maybe they just sent you a new one

no, it is the same one...there is a little scratch on the jewel, so i recognized it as mine

Halo 2 is Noobified

It could be the drive or maybe the xbox is overheating. You may want to try cleaning the lens and make sure the fan is still working good and not full of dust.

The lense could be dusty. Maybe he should try getting a lense cleaner.
    Don't need one Hidden Content

My Xbox freezes a lot as well. There's not really anything you can do to fix it yourself without buying new parts or a new xbox. I've tried. But if he leaves it on a carpetted floor it'll freeze more because of static. (I didn't think that would make a difference but I tried it and it did) and also not to place the back of the xbox right against a wall so it can circulate the air better. It will still freeze, but it might make it happen less frequently.
    Signature by MajorTom

Thread Information