Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doom 3, GTA 3, FOX NEWS, and violence

Default Doom 3, GTA 3, FOX NEWS, and violence

Ok, we all know about the violent video games reports on news channels....but I just saw yet another one on stupid ass Fox News, saying these games could have psychological impact on your "children"....HELLO?! the average gamer is now well into there adult years! They showed clips from Doom 3 and other decent games on the show, while you can hear background comments like "awful" and "ohhh" and "Do you know what your kids are playing?! step in there room and look at this horrendic things they're watching"....just a bunch of B.S. which makes me SO sick. I hate the guy that did it and all his smirks. I seriously would not care if he died, went to Hell, and hopefully take all his smirks with him...stupid ignorant, non-knowing, doesn't-know-what-he's-talking-about son of a *****.
    When you're alarm goes off in the morning, do a backflip straight out of bed without even sitting up, do some pushups while dodging bullets in slow motion, then do a cartwheel into your car while spinning a CD on the tip of your finger ... now you're a unique individual.

Jeeze, that's pretty stupid.

All the news reports I've been hearing around here lately have had Doom 3 featured in them, even when they don't normally report on games. None of them had anything bad to say, though.

Yeah I caught this on. And the only thing good, or even made any sense was...

Doom 3's graphics look insane!!!

The was the only thing good about that report, I got to see Doom 3's graphics without a blocky video cause my comp sucks.

LOL I remember thinking the same thing... "wow, nice Doom 3 footage and graphics!" HAHA, stupid ass Fox News, thanks for advertising!

Fox News: Unfair and Biased
    When you're alarm goes off in the morning, do a backflip straight out of bed without even sitting up, do some pushups while dodging bullets in slow motion, then do a cartwheel into your car while spinning a CD on the tip of your finger ... now you're a unique individual.

Yep, sounds like Fox News.

Yep that sounds like it came from some politician who hasn't played a game for more than 5 minutes.
    Don't need one Hidden Content

poor Doom..so many games that have people killing other people...put in a few make believe demons and everyones on you... Doom will always be a target even if something else bad is out....Doom 1 basically started the "Deathmatch" and the FPS genre.

Well atleast all of that violence pinned on video games is helping sell Manhunt in the UK.
    Last edited by Snowblind; 08-08-2004 at 08:52 PM.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Spartan17
    Can someone please tell me how to get on MS paint and get a good sig

Quote Originally Posted by Satch
    Ok, we all know about the violent video games reports on news channels....but I just saw yet another one on stupid ass Fox News, saying these games could have psychological impact on your "children"....HELLO?! the average gamer is now well into there adult years! They showed clips from Doom 3 and other decent games on the show, while you can hear background comments like "awful" and "ohhh" and "Do you know what your kids are playing?! step in there room and look at this horrendic things they're watching"....just a bunch of B.S. which makes me SO sick. I hate the guy that did it and all his smirks. I seriously would not care if he died, went to Hell, and hopefully take all his smirks with him...stupid ignorant, non-knowing, doesn't-know-what-he's-talking-about son of a *****.
    its just video games fella... no need to wish death upon someone because of a piece of entertainment we pay 50$ for. stop stressing your self out over video games. calm down. relax the **** out.
    My signature violates TOS, so it was taken away

around from time to time CMX Jedi's Avatar

dont the parents have to buy the games for theyre kids? there is rateings on them and the store dose tell you that it is for mature audences.

LikShots, nice pic

figured you'd have to disagree. if you don't like games enough for this pathetic news to make you a little mad, why are you even on here.

Snowblind....ROFL!! great joke. gosh, only makes me wanna play my Manhunt more...

Here's my opinion with the UK thing.... Video games doesn't make psychos, it makes them more creative (kinda like that one guy said about movies from Scream) lol! Later shuckersh

Well it is the UK after all.....

*Prepares to get hammered by an army of UK citizens*
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Spartan17
    Can someone please tell me how to get on MS paint and get a good sig

LikShots, nice pic

figured you'd have to disagree. if you don't like games enough for this pathetic news to make you a little mad, why are you even on here.
    what about my pic got a problem with it? WTf does my pic have anything to do why i would disagree. stop being a racist ignorant dumb fu**. i like games but i dont get panties ina bunch like u and say stupid shiii! like "oh i dont care if he died and went to hell" stop being such a coochie. and stay off the racism aight. its only games looks ot me like ur the guy who would kill someone over ur xbox chill out... *couh* Anger management *cough*

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I don't think Fox News is the only news station that claims that violent video games can impact psychologically to children.

Hell, they could say the same things about movies and the same thing about regular television shows today. But, the fact of the matter is, there is no evidence that video games pursuades children to be violent...that's ludicrous to make the claim without any scientific evidence.

Sure, we'll see isolated incidents, but, I seriously get tired when people point the finger at something and forget to examine parents instead.

/em beats a dead horse with a stick
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

I'm not a racist, lik-whatever, I was just saying figures you'd have to disagree....always causin' trouble.

cough, cough..uh, yeah...

Maximus, you're right, I know. To tell you the truth, the main thing that upset me about the whole thing was that they had to harp on doom 3 so much like it was bad...hell, I'm looking forward to that as much as halo 2 next, they'll be pulling doom 3 off the shelves before it even hits them. Next, they might as well take out the first and second amendments.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Maximus, you're right, I know. To tell you the truth, the main thing that upset me about the whole thing was that they had to harp on doom 3 so much like it was bad...hell, I'm looking forward to that as much as halo 2 next, they'll be pulling doom 3 off the shelves before it even hits them. Next, they might as well take out the first and second amendments.
    I feel ya, man...One would think that news stations would include the ever important details of ESRB ratings.

But, nope...news stations want to cause community outrage...which means more people glued to their televisions...which means higher ratings for them...which means happy sponsors.

And, I agree, man...it blows...

I'm not a racist, lik-whatever, I was just saying figures you'd have to disagree....always causin' trouble.

cough, cough..uh, yeah...

alwqays causing trouble because of my picture? explain? stop being ignorant. just admit that what you said was foolish and childish. wats ur name again? cabbage patch? wat?
    Last edited by LikShotz; 08-09-2004 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LikShotz
    stop being a racist ignorant dumb fu**.and stay off the racism aight.
    Wheres the racism He didnt say anything racist.
    Well people who want to take video games off of the shelves need to lay off video games and focus and more important issues. They might as well not allow people to make movies and music which in my opinion are equaly influential.

Thread Information