Hey guys..i need your help. I am not really into sports games at all, but some of my friends are. When we get together to play xbox, we always play halo, and a few other first person shooters, and i almost always dominate them. ( a few especially who then decide they no longer wnat to play halo with me) So i decided that maybe i will give a football game a chance. I have no real interest in real football. but a football video game could be fun. Plus it would be awesome to beat him at football and fps shooters. the problem is, the only football game i ever really played was NFL2k on the dreamcast..and that was only a few times. I know that the latest xbox football games are awesome, but the problem is, i couldnt name more than about 5 teams, cant name any of the players, dont know any of the plays, and couldnt really tell you what any of the positions are, or what they are suposed to do, and im sure i dont know all of the little rules that i would need to.

everyone keeps telling me how the new ESPN 2k5 game is awesome, and only $20. which seems to make it a cood candidate. but upon reading the reviews..it seems alot deeper than i care to go. I want a game where i can basically select a team, and play football. try to learn what i need to do. learn what plays to pick..and how to execute them properly, and how to decide on what formation to line up in. (how the hell are you supposed to know that anyway?) hopefully somethign with a good tutorial mode, because i really know very little about football.

what i dont want is to have to manage a team, worry about trading players, choosing their salary, adjusting hot dog prices and stupid **** like that. i want a game where i can play a game of football, not a simulation of a football team manager, i dont want to have to decide what brand of shoes my quarterback wears, or how much he pays for rent each month, what he has to eat, dental benefits for the stadium janitors, how many pickels are on the hamburgers my running back eats, and all of that ridiculous stuff. i just want to play football in it's basic form.

can i do that with this game? can i pick it up, select a team and just play, and hopefully learn what to do? if not, is there a good game i can do this with? or should i just stick with nfl2k on the dreamcast, since i already have it. Is there a football game that i can pickup and play, without knowing anything about football? I think football games could be fun to play, but when i play with my friends, it isnt any fun, because i dont know what i am doing. then they make fun of me for choosing a stupid play, or not pulling it off right. i dont want to spend too much money on it, because i may decide that it really isnt as fun as i had hoped, and i dont want to be out too much money. (especially with all of the great FPS on their way this year)

help.