Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ninja Gaiden help thread/Discussion (**Spoilers**)

Default The Ninja Gaiden help thread

Seeing as Ninja Gaiden is a fairly difficult game I thought I would make this help thread.

Now my question is how the hell do I kill those red (dinosaur) fiends in Chapter 5 its the first time you actually have to battle them. They just toss me around like a ragdoll after about 2 minutes of me running, blocking, and slashing. If anyone knows a trick to defeating these fiends please tell.

btw, Has anyone gotten Master Ninja ranking yet? I got it on Chapter 3.
    Hidden Content
    Currently Playing
    Fable (Xbox)
    Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox)
    Guilty Gear X2 #Reload (Xbox)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Not out till the 4th here Stupid customs
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Damn...it's out today? I thought it came out tomorrow?! (Today is March 2nd)

skorp

Question

Getting ours on the 6th of this month.... 3 more days!

Max I like your sig.... thats awesome!

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Hmm...still working now...must get my check to buy NG...next week...
    Back into the world of gaming.

im heading out to buy my copy tomorrow so maybe I can get back to you when I get that far if you havn't beaten it already.

Question:

I'm at the boss at chapter 3 and he keeps fryin me with that gun, when I get up close he just beats the livin crap outta me and/or grabs me. I've tried to time hitting him while he's reloading but still no luck. Any suggestions???????? BTW this game is the complete BOMB! Camera was pi$$in me off a little first but once you get the hang of it, ohhhh the carnage!

Originally posted by Variation
    Not out till the 4th here Stupid customs

Originally posted by studepaber
    Question:

I'm at the boss at chapter 3 and he keeps fryin me with that gun, when I get up close he just beats the livin crap outta me and/or grabs me. I've tried to time hitting him while he's reloading but still no luck. Any suggestions???????? BTW this game is the complete BOMB! Camera was pi$$in me off a little first but once you get the hang of it, ohhhh the carnage!
    I beat him by running around him while he shots the beams then when he recharges I slashed him quickly then jumped away. I continued to do this, but watch out for his beam when he gets weaker because he will pause for a slight second then direct his fire the other direction so be ready to run the other away.

btw, I beat Chapter 5 it took awhile, but I did it. So I no longer need help there.
    Hidden Content
    Currently Playing
    Fable (Xbox)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks Sigma, I beat that boss last night basically doing the same thing you advised. On level 4 now getting the crap beat outta me by those black ninjas. Any advice on dealing with those relentlless guys?

Default Re: The Ninja Gaiden help thread

Originally posted by Sigma
    Seeing as Ninja Gaiden is a fairly difficult game I thought I would make this help thread.

Now my question is how the hell do I kill those red (dinosaur) fiends in Chapter 5 its the first time you actually have to battle them. They just toss me around like a ragdoll after about 2 minutes of me running, blocking, and slashing. If anyone knows a trick to defeating these fiends please tell.

btw, Has anyone gotten Master Ninja ranking yet? I got it on Chapter 3.
    When the first fiend charges you, do the "HOLD Y" attack. Than hi him with three X attacks. Than use your Fireball attack (the one you buy) That should kill him.

Than leap away and hold Y again to absorb those orbs and unleash an ultimate attack in the next one. Than hit him with the fire ball attack. That should kill him.

Than pause it, use your devil things to refill your magic attacks. Leap away, do another ultimate attack and fireball combo.

Thats the easy part

For those that dont know, and ultimate attack is when you hold Y. you abosorb two orbs and lounge at them and perform a crazy combo. (not sure if you have to keep pressing X after the intial lunge, but i do anyways)

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Thanks Sigma, I beat that boss last night basically doing the same thing you advised. On level 4 now getting the crap beat outta me by those black ninjas. Any advice on dealing with those relentlless guys?
    Block and counter attack works best.

JJax, Thanks, but I already beat Chapter 5. What I did is ran up the wall and continued to come down and slash the fiends with my sword.
    Last edited by Sigma; 03-03-2004 at 12:18 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Currently Playing
    Fable (Xbox)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Play the ninjas with good defense. Only attack with counter attacks. Trying to hit them with ultimate attackes leaves you open to exploding shurikens.

Also, roll away from exploding shurikens when they are in a wall or on the ground next to youi.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Thanks you guys for the suggestions, will try tonight when I get home from work.....

Ok this may be a stupid question but oh well, after absorbing the essenses around you (by holding Y), you perofrm the ultimate attack (multiple hitting) by releasing the Y button when enemies are close, right? If you release Y and don't hit anyone is that attack wasted then? Also do you have to be facing the enemies when performing the ultimate attack or does the attack home in on the closest enemy???

What chapters are you guys on now, BTW?

I thought there was supposed to be a save point before the first boss, but my game didn't save. How do you save the game? The boss is killing me badly.

Thanks you guys for the suggestions, will try tonight when I get home from work.....

Ok this may be a stupid question but oh well, after absorbing the essenses around you (by holding Y), you perofrm the ultimate attack (multiple hitting) by releasing the Y button when enemies are close, right? If you release Y and don't hit anyone is that attack wasted then? Also do you have to be facing the enemies when performing the ultimate attack or does the attack home in on the closest enemy???

What chapters are you guys on now, BTW?
    I tend to push my left analog in the direction of the enemy i want to unleash the attack on.

If you absorb 1 orb, you do a super slash thigy.

You absorb 2 you will do an "ultimate combo" thingy.

If you miss, yes its wasted, but if you score a kill you get more essense.

Hope this helps

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by PoetSaskia
    I thought there was supposed to be a save point before the first boss, but my game didn't save. How do you save the game? The boss is killing me badly.
    The save point is next to the stair case that leads to the bridge where you use the key and fight 2 white ninjas.
    Hidden Content
    Currently Playing
    Fable (Xbox)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Default ninjaa gaiden

hows ninja gaiden? is it good? gamespy review said it was really hard. i hate hard games (i suck at them lol) jk but some games can be a pain in the ass.

THE REAL BOSS

This should be in the GD forum.
    RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

should just be deleted, this thread would be one of many in the GD forum.

Thread Information