Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWF Raw Killer!?

Default WWF Raw Killer!?

Yes, that might be true. Wrestlemania 18 has everything that we all want in WWF Raw: TLC, HIAC, Championship mode, RVD, Booker T., and the rest of the WCW/ECW gang. Check out some of these pics.

For more info. and pics head on over to gamespot.

thanks for posting that im not an insider and i wanted to see that and it looks great

Originally posted by xboxmaster2002
    thanks for posting that im not an insider and i wanted to see that and it looks great
    Those pics are actually came from gamespot man, go check it out. Oh yea, this game is for GC.

oh really i was just there a little bit ago and they didnt have it ill go check it out thanks

Exclamation

Wasn't there another thread about this somewhere? Oh yeah, it was in the debate boards...

Well, this game has better textures than the Xbox version, but the Xbox RAW version has larger arenas and higher poly counts on the wrestlers, so eh....

*checks off WrestleMania on GCN buy list*

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose)
    Shadow Fox, Rogue Ninja of Canine Descent

-Creator of Killer Instinct Perfect

Microsoft or Nympholoft--who do you want to do today???

Originally posted by Shadow Fox
    Well, this game has better textures than the Xbox version, but the Xbox RAW version has larger arenas and higher poly counts on the wrestlers, so eh....
    You really think this game has better textures? Explain please.

Exclamation

For one, the textures are alot less "washed out" which how they appear in the shots and movies of RAW. They are apparently at a higher resolution as well, seeing as the RAW versions of wrestlers are rather blurry. RAW's got X8 beat in the animation department right now, judging from the hands-on info I've found on it. But then again, this game's 50% complete, and Xbox RAW will more than likely ship with it's graphical flaws.

Default me too

i'll pick up a copy but it wont beat RAW but it'll be fun (maybe ) not to sure i didn't like the smackdown series much and i read that there not making anotherone of smackdown so now that yukes is addicted to the half/ass samackdown series they might try and make WX8 the fourth one.

YUP I MUST BE THE BIGGEST WRESTLING FAN TO BUY ANOTHER CONSOLE FOR ONE OF THE WRESTLING GAMES .

MIGHT NOT KNOW EVERYTHING IN WRESTLING HISTORY BUT I CAN BACK IT UP BECAUSE I KNOW EVERY REVERSAL/COUNTER.
    Big Guy 316

X-MEN protection agency:

BIGGUY 316

SKOOT182

MONKEYMAN

NINJA-SCROLL

JD87

Frostberg

Ninja

Hidden Content

BTW glad you found the picsr2d2 or dt1ap????? who ever started this forum ask me were i found um so i'm just glad he found them and managed to meke a thread this will not beat RAW remember RAW will have surprises huh do you THE ONLY department that it will slightly beat RAW is in the list of wrestlers and updates but only because it comes out later, nothins stays the same for long in THE WWF THOUGH THINGS CHANGE FAST THEY BETTER NOT HAVE THE NWO IN IT (THEY JUST ANNOUNCED THE'LL BE IN WWF ON SMACKDOWN LAST NIGHT).
    Big Guy 316

X-MEN protection agency:

BIGGUY 316

SKOOT182

MONKEYMAN

NINJA-SCROLL

JD87

Frostberg

Ninja

Hidden Content

I keep forgetting to say it looks alot like NO MERCY.
    Big Guy 316

X-MEN protection agency:

BIGGUY 316

SKOOT182

MONKEYMAN

NINJA-SCROLL

JD87

Frostberg

Ninja

Hidden Content

I thought this game was Raw but I noticed in the screenshots the Nintendo adverts around the arena.
    Then I realised that the game looked more "cartoony" than Raw:
    <center>

Gamecube

Xbox
    Matt Cox - The official XBA European Buddy!
    Xbox Live Gamertag - xboxmanchester

Exclamation

I don't know where this "cartoony" garbage comes from...aren't cartoons flat, nonrendered 2d animations?Anyway, RAW Rock vs X8 Rock:

Which looks better to you, Honestly? *waits for biased responses*

Well, X8's wrestlers are only comprised of 3500 polys a piece, so I doubt there's a higher poly count here than the Xbox one, but look at the textures, sweet...also can somebody post the poly counts on RAW? I can't find any info on this game....

AKI split up and is no more, that is why the "Yukes" name is on this game. There are several senior AKI/Asmik developers working to MAKE SURE this game plays EXACTLY like it's N64 brethren, only hella faster. And from the hands-on info I've recieved, the game is faster. Every entrance, pyrotechnic effect, and facial feature of every superstar is intact. And oh yeah, there will be no inter-federation matches in any game but this one this year. So um, no Booker-T vs RVD vs Xpac vs The Rock, or HITC matches for RAW this year.

So in summation, the game does not look, or play, anything like Smackdown (those annoying "every half second camera flashes" won't be there either)....Just thought I'd clear that up.

Where's El Gaucho? He knows hella more secrets about this game than I do....

Last edited by Shadow Fox; 01-26-2002 at 07:54 AM.

O man Fox spoiled all the fun for me..

But just to restate what he said
    -This game isn't made by the people left over from the SmackDown games. It is an entirely new formed team put together just to work on the game. The team is composed of several former Asmik/AKI workers who previously worked on the prior Nintendo 64 games. Short and sweet it will play more like WWF No Mercy than SmackDown 3

-Like I said before the game will play like an enhanced version of the n64 game. From hands on impressions from IGN it will pretty much be a similar type of game just a bit faster. As long as it plays like No Mercy , fine by me.

-The Game will feature over 40 Match types... Most will just be modified version of other matches like Hardcore 1 on 1 and stuff like that but till a lot of matches. I believe Raw has under 10.. I may be wrong on that one

-The first game to take advantage of the WCW/ECE license. Thus far Booker T, DDP, RVD, Lance Storm and the Hurricane have been confirmed to make their presence felt.

-Like someone mentioned before the characters will each sport 3500 polys which really isn't bad.. I mean we all know that the GC's true power usually lies in it's textures.

-Will sport a Hell in a Cell Match up and TLC...So chant it with me Tables, And Ladders and Chairs.... O MY

-The game is only 50% done almost every wrestling game I've tracked since the beginning has improved visually.. That includes WarZone,Attitude,No Mercy, Revenge, WrestleMania 2k and Raw is War.

-Over 35 superstars and the ability to create your own.

-Superb animations on moves. For those who really don't want to believe it the animation on the Rock Bottom is more simialr to the way it's performed in real life. The one in the X-Box version seems to be more like how it should be performed. If you don't believe me watch an old Rock match and see what happens when he picks the wrestler up. Also the Angle Slam seems to be animated beautifully... I mean the oppenent even have there one hand up in the air.

-Only for Nintendo GameCube and till has about 6 months of development left

Originally posted by El Gaucho Goof
    -Only for Nintendo GameCube and till has about 6 months of development left
    WOW, does he work for Nintendo or just an OBSESSED fan that will do anything to get people buying a Gamecube.

Admitidly this is the only game I have seen worth buying a Gamecube for. But as it comes out in over 6months I'll stick with my Xbox....would WX8 be right?!? Wouldn't it be more than that by the time the game comes out?!?
    Last edited by mattcoxonline; 01-26-2002 at 10:38 AM.
    Matt Cox - The official XBA European Buddy!
    Xbox Live Gamertag - xboxmanchester

Originally posted by mattcoxonline

WOW, does he work for Nintendo or just an OBSESSED fan that will do anything to get people buying a Gamecube.

Admitidly this is the only game I have seen worth buying a Gamecube for. But as it comes out in over 6months I'll stick with my Xbox....would WX8 be right?!? Wouldn't it be more than that by the time the game comes out?!?
    Hhah no I was just pointing out the fact that it is exclusive.. I mean some games get ported like Legends of Wrestling

And no WrestleMania X-8 would be correct but a little outdate. The pay per view is in March and the game is due in the summer would have done better to call it King of the Ring or SummerSLam.

Originally posted by mattcoxonline

Wrestlemania 18 is about 2 months away(March), and the game is coming out in in 6 months. That's only 4 months difference.

It would be to early to have made it based on Wrestlemania 19.

Exclamation

Originally posted by Heyyoudvd

Wrestlemania 18 is about 2 months away(March), and the game is coming out in in 6 months. That's only 4 months difference.

It would be to early to have made it based on Wrestlemania 19.
    C'mon now, HYDVD, don't be so hard on matt. Afterall, he's just trying to find something negative about WX8...

I READ THAT YUKES IS TRYING THIER BEST TO MAKE THIS THE NEXT SAMCKDOWN GAME SINCE THERE NOT MAKING THEM ANYMORE, THE UPSIDE IS THAT IT WILL HAVE RVD (wich i don't particularly care for) and booker t , and hurricane helms.
    Big Guy 316

X-MEN protection agency:

BIGGUY 316

SKOOT182

MONKEYMAN

NINJA-SCROLL

JD87

Frostberg

Ninja

Hidden Content

Originally posted by bigguy316
    I READ THAT YUKES IS TRYING THIER BEST TO MAKE THIS THE NEXT SAMCKDOWN GAME SINCE THERE NOT MAKING THEM ANYMORE, THE UPSIDE IS THAT IT WILL HAVE RVD (wich i don't particularly care for) and booker t , and hurricane helms.
    Where did you hear that they aren't making anymore SD games? NM who cares, not like they are going to stop making games for X-Box.

Exclamation

Originally posted by DT21

Where did you hear that they aren't making anymore SD games? NM who cares, not like they are going to stop making games for X-Box.
    Yukes doesn't make games for Xbox. And where did you hear that Yukes was trying to make X8 like smackdown, bigguy??? Link please.

Thread Information