Thread: has anyone watched that tv show extended play?

Default has anyone watched that tv show extended play?

not only are the hosts annoying, but the show definately has an anti-xbox undertone. sometimes its subtle, sometimes its in your face. subtle example, when they show their game room, you can see a gamecube, a ps2, and a pc, but no xbox. as far as the more in your face stuff goes,they compare everything to ps2 and gamecubes. they mention stuff like 'the gamecubes great graphical capabilities', but mention nothing about the geforce3 (the most powerful consumer level graphics card) thats in the xbox. its a testament to how good the xbox really is when everyone wants it to fail, but it seems to be flourishing. HA!

I watch it and as of late have not been impressed with the show. It seems as though they never give a game below a 3 out of 5. And all too many games, according to them, receive a "much deserved 5 out of 5"

I myself prefer Electric Playground for the reviews and content.

Exclamation

I find this bias mighty strange, especially since Extended Play reviewers were the ones that chose Xbox over GameCube on TechTV simply because "it has a DVD player built in"....

I haven't noticed them being biased to any console, other than the normal glorifying of PS2...

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose)
    Shadow Fox, Rogue Ninja of Canine Descent

-Creator of Killer Instinct Perfect

Microsoft or Nympholoft--who do you want to do today???

Well what do you expect, most of the time they "are coming to you from Sony's Metreon in San Fransisco" so of course they have to be Sony mouthpieces.

However I have seen them poop on a few games, in fact just today I saw a 2 out of 5 rating. I don't remember the game.
    ----------------------------------------
    An Evil Petting Zoo?
    ----------------------------------------

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

While I don't care much for the content, I do like all of the footage they show. Actually seeing a game in motion on your tv is a lot better than scouring the game mags. Plus, uh, Kate is like, kinda cute, and the fact that she likes videogames makes her more attractive than she actually is.

I think that chick looks really strange when she talks...something about her mouth hehe...

ti was a 2 out of 5 rating for serious sam 2 for the PC

I don't think they are biased against XBOX. They have opinions like everyone else. I watch the show simply because there is nothing else like it available to me.

I agree that the Sony Metreon location is annoying. I liked it better when they broadcasted from the studio.

Adam annoys me. He hasn't mastered the art of gesturing while speaking. He moves his hands with every word which is stupid and distracting.

Kate was better when she was part of The Screensavers.

Exclamation

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
    I don't think they are biased against XBOX. They have opinions like everyone else. I watch the show simply because there is nothing else like it available to me.

I agree that the Sony Metreon location is annoying. I liked it better when they broadcasted from the studio.

Adam annoys me. He hasn't mastered the art of gesturing while speaking. He moves his hands with every word which is stupid and distracting.

Kate was better when she was part of The Screensavers.
    I totally agree. And I must agree with StudioAlex, Kate does look kinda cute from time to time; and liking games definately makes her more attractive....

Shadow Fox, Rogue Ninja of Canine Descent

-Creator of Killer Instinct Perfect

Microsoft or Nympholoft--who do you want to do today???

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

Originally posted by Shadow Fox
    I totally agree. And I must agree with StudioAlex, Kate does look kinda cute from time to time; and liking games definately makes her more attractive....

You want to see some scary stuff, look up her name in a search engine. There are some people out there REALLY dedicated to KAte. I think most of it is from her Screensavers days.

Thread Information