Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are we not more excited for FORZA MOTORSPORT?

Default Why are we not more excited for FORZA MOTORSPORT?

I'm really blown away by the general malaise people here show towards Forza Motorsport. I personally think this is a title that could do as much for Xbox as Halo 2. I mean, I know lots of people for whom Gran Turismo is or was the deciding factor in purchasing a console. Most of the people who buy/bought a PS2 over an Xbox did so because of GTA or GT A-Spec. Now Xbox will finally have the game they need in the HUGE driving game market. If half of what they say about this game is true, Gran Turismo might as well retire until PS3. Let's review (information taken from Gamespot):

Forza Motorsport "gives Xbox gamers who are passionate about cars and racing the opportunity to own, customize, and race their favorite cars in a realistic driving simulation," revealed Microsoft Game Studios.
    So they've established the game will most definitely be sim oriented, which is really the what Xbox needs right now.

...more than 60 real-world brands, including Mazda, Nissan, Mercedes-Benz, Honda, Chevrolet, Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, and Dodge.
    60 BRANDS?! That's a lot. I know Gran Turismo is going to have somewhere in the neighborhood of 400-500 cars, but there's a point where it's just too much. I think with 60 manufacturers represented you should be able to find a sweet ride.

...players can go inside the guts of their cars by adding nonstandard engines, suspensions, superchargers, and brakes. True gearheads can go one step further by tinkering with their engines' gear ratios, fuel-mapping, forced induction pressure, and ignition timing.
    Now this is where it gets great. This level of tuning and tweaking is what is going to make online racing the deepest and most immersive motorsport experience on Xbox. NO 2 cars will be the same, even people driving the same model will have it tweaked differently to suit their driving style.

...detailing the exteriors by adding rims, spoilers, decals, side skirts, fender flares, air dams, and customized paint jobs.
    I don't know about you guys, gut the words "Custom Paint Job" make me excited. The other stuff is in other games, but being able to customize the paint (beyond just a base coat all over the car) leaves room for some serious creativity. I read in another review, that you will be able to mix paint (photoshop style) to create your custom. It really adds a whole new gameplay mode when half the game is simply making your car what you want it to be.

As far as the game's mechanics go, Microsoft said it brought together automotive engineers and game programmers to re-create "authentic car performances." For a change, this authenticity will include damage and wear as well as heat and pressure changes that disrupt a car's suspension and aerodynamic load.
    And there you have it. Simulation based gameplay, and it appears they have gone to great lengths to make it "real".

I really hope all this holds up because this game could satisfy what in my mind has been the most gaping hole on the Xbox line up. We have great RPG's, more FPS than you can shake a stick at so on so forth, but no definitive drving game. (No PGR2 is not definitive, it's a very pretty arcade game with some great online play, but I'm sick to death of racing against the same 5 cars all the time).

So far, I'm the only person who has posted their excitement about this game, I'm surprised no one else has thought to add their 2 cents. Come on people, is anyone excited about this?

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

I'm excited about it.
    Back into the world of gaming.

I think cuz its not out yet

Im excited about it and its definately on my X-mas list but games like Halo 2 (well not LIKE Halo 2, JUST Halo 2) are taking up all the hype. Im sure this will be one of the games MS advertises heavily during the Holiday season so it will probably sell pretty good if its all its cracked up to be.

I'm excited, just bottling it up all up until a few months before the game comes out

There hasn't been much hype and MS still hasn't figured out hype = sales.

I'm not hyped because the only racing sim i like to play is Gran Turismo

i really looking forward to it, but with fable and halo 2 on the horizon, AND the KC Chiefs to pay attention to, and the NL wildcard race, and my nfl2k5 league, i think i need to chill a little w/regard to any further xbox titles
    Hidden Content
    props (not propellers) to thecovenant for the sig

People are playing better games right now, like NHL 2K5

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler
    People are playing better games right now, like NHL 2K5
    Dude, you've pushed NHL 2k5 and your 'bmw' sig in every thread. you could be one of the most annoying members on the site.
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by BananaMan
    Dude, you've pushed NHL 2k5 and your 'bmw' sig in every thread. you could be one of the most annoying members on the site.
    More like respected by the normal members of the board. I don't post often, so you don't have to put up with me much.

If you don't like what I say, then shut the **** up and block me

Edit: Go buy NHL 2K5, game of the year!

So they respect you for saying omgz0rz i have a bmw sig that's too big( limit is 500pixels) and then saying fable sucks play nhl 2k5?
    -Mark

Little boy you don't understand, neither would you understand.

I dont trust hype from video developers anymore. And I'm not excited because I'm one of those people who bought a PS2 to play GT3 (among other games), so I already have a great racing game. If it's a great game than hooray, I'll buy it..

I'm excited about the game. I'm hoping it's going to be great.

I'm really excited about the game. But it's not going to be out until like Decemeber... sooooo in the mean time I'm going to try and not think about it to much. And I'll continue to enjoy ESPN NFL 2k5, then Fable, NBA 2k5, Outlaw Golf 2, Halo 2... then in December I'll enjoy Forza

Los Angeles Int'l Airport lax_defense's Avatar

Im excited! The hypes on been all halo 2 though.

I hate GT games (Gran Turistmo, Sega GT) so I'll hate Forza.

Also, I think there's no hype because the bigger hyped game(s) is/are about to come out, Fable/Halo 2. And they come out before Forza... wait till Dec-Jan.. then people will care more.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaMan
    Agreed.

Its called trolling.

(Stifler)

Go make an NHL2k5 thread and stay on topic for once. You might even try adding something useful to the thread.

Tip of the day:

If your post consists of X game sucks, get/play X game then DON'T hit the post button.

ps I love hockey and am going to buy NHL2k5, but I doubt that decision a little more everytime I see a "Fable/Forza/etc... sucks, get NHL 2k5".

i'm not hyped because i dont like racing sims...arcade racing is much more fun. give me burnout 3 anyday.

Thread Information