Thread: Game publishers/developers are starting to tick me off

Default Game publishers/developers are starting to tick me off

Before the XBOX I basically was a solely pc gamer. I really didn’t follow the progress of developing games and eagerly waiting titles to come out like I do for the XBOX. What I find annoying and frustrating is the lack of communication the developers/publishers give the online community. Most pics and details come from sites that review and preview the games.

A perfect example of the lack of communication is the release date. Now I program professionally for a living, so I know schedules can slip for many reasons, but some of these people seem to provide no details till a few weeks before they go gold. Many sites that sell games such as ebgames and gamestop often have conflicting dates of when the games will ship. Often these dates are months apart. Unreal championship comes to mind on this. First it was 3/15 (ebgames), then gamestop had it as 5/29 and now eb has it at 10/15. Many of the games listed in the xba database have no definite release date but a more generic spring 2002 or q2 2002. That is pretty broad.

Why do these companies keep the consumers in the dark? We are very information hungry.
    Last edited by Bundy; 01-27-2002 at 02:08 PM.

Why, you ask? Because people want a general idea when a game will be released. If a company wants to add or omit a certian function or item or whatever from a game, they will have to delay it. It's not like PC games where you can just download a patch and be on your way, they need things PERFECT before the release of console games.
    Last edited by BiohazardEHW; 01-27-2002 at 01:58 PM.

Hidden Content Xbox games I want to get...

February - Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, WWF RAW is WAR
    March - 007 Agent Under Fire, Brute Force

Registered User Markus_Kalarkus's Avatar

Default !

I agree!!! thats frikin crap!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Online ID [-ShAdOwZ-]RaptoR{L}

Release dates aren't worth the paper they're printed on. Everyone knows that. The whole gaming industry is like that. It doesn't bother me. It's not like I don't have any fun games to play already.

I've always liked the "It will be released when we finish it."
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

release date was just one example. I was just basically complaining that these companies on a whole tend to not let the consumers know many details.

Thread Information