Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: we have to admit microsoft isn't doing it in JAPAN...

Default we have to admit microsoft isn't doing it in JAPAN...

I just saw the list of games th companys are showing in Japan, amazingly there is almost nothing to the xbox there, the way I see it, Xbox will dominate all the places excpet for japan, and that what will happen in the next gen, actually every one will wait to see what sony will do and then decide..

so the one year head of microsoft won't help them..

I personally don't care. Let Japan and the rest of Asia play their PS2.

As long as Xbox is thriving in other markets, most importantly in North America, that is all that is important too me.

Catering and favoritism to the Asian market really gets me sick, especially when they never respond favourably to it.

Why does Microsoft not give us the same deals and perks that they offer them?

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

You want us to admit it NOW? Weve been admitting this since the first day XBox came out.

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

I don't care either. Xbox maybe doing terrible there. But it's doing great here.

In fact. It even outsold the PS2.

Sit down and Shut up!!!!! CharlieHustle's Avatar

i came to a realization that we dont need the japanese influence, in our game.. I like their games, but i like the games made by most american developers. Thats the reason why MS has been pushing for stronger sales in japan, because of the deveolpers over there. MS is doin excellent over here and thats all that matters, on top of that, we are getting quality games left and right. As long as we(us americans) are happy, then im happy.

Who cares. I like very few Japanese style games anyway. How many Final Fantasy games (or wannabe FF games) can you play? I dont want to watch movies more than im actually playing.

Launching at the extraordinary price of ¥19’000 (€140, £95), the Xbox Platinum Pack 3 will include:

Xbox Console

Xbox DVD Playback Kit

Xbox Live Subscription

Blinx 2

Top Spin

Halo

Project Gotham Racing 2
    http://www.totalvideogames.com/pages...rticle_id=6453

Microsoft has just announced a new bundle for Japan^^, when I saw that my first thought was why can't we get that kind of deal. I really don't care about Japan or how much any of the consoles sell over there, as long as Xbox does good here I'll be happy.
    Hidden Content

Thanks bretman1234 for the sig
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by AlBoogy
    You want us to admit it NOW? Weve been admitting this since the first day XBox came out.
    Exactly, I don't think anyone is in denial over this.
    RIP Dave

Registered User dances with broom sticks's Avatar

My only complaint is those special edition xboxs they got a while ago....

I think one was white. I want that xbox. Why would you make a special xbox for a place that isnt interested in buying them as opposed to the places that actually play your systems

Because they're trying to increase interest. Japan loves special editions and all of that. They know most Americans are not going to buy a first or second xbox because the color changed.

Whether we think it's important or not, Japan is a huge market for video games. You just don't ignore it if you're out to make money.
    RIP Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Chr0nik
    Because if it's not doing so well in one market, they have to try and intice people to buy their system.

It's all about making profit.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by Variation
    Because if it's not doing so well in one market, they have to try and intice people to buy their system.

It's all about making profit.
    It's more about gaining market share as MS is probably losing $$$ on the special bundles they are offering the Asian markets.

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

Like said above -- why admit it now (more or less AGAIN!?!?). This has been talked about forever -- and even before the release of Xbox.

Microsoft will never prevail in Japan. Japan is loyal to it's own. Outsiders are a taboo over there.

With that said -- I'd say pull out, if it weren't for MS trying to globalize their technology....but when money is involved -- some cracka ass cracka from Indiana isn't going to convince them of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Chr0nik
    Catering and favoritism to the Asian market really gets me sick, especially when they never respond favourably to it.

I agree. The Japanese who buy DOAU get a bunch of good free stuff with the game.

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by odpr
    I just saw the list of games th companys are showing in Japan, amazingly there is almost nothing to the xbox there, the way I see it, Xbox will dominate all the places excpet for japan, and that what will happen in the next gen, actually every one will wait to see what sony will do and then decide..

so the one year head of microsoft won't help them..

dang...well, you convinced me. I, TheCovenant, hereby admit that microsoft ist all big laughs and sunshine in japan.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieHustle
    i came to a realization that we dont need the japanese influence, in our game.. I like their games, but i like the games made by most american developers. Thats the reason why MS has been pushing for stronger sales in japan, because of the deveolpers over there. MS is doin excellent over here and thats all that matters, on top of that, we are getting quality games left and right. As long as we(us americans) are happy, then im happy.
    Im with you 100%

Over here in America, the Xbox pwns and thats what counts.

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRaptor
    Im with you 100%

Over here in America, the Xbox pwns and thats what counts.
    Come now. Lets not have fanboy glasses on. It does not own in America. Its getting owned by Sony. It will be different next round though.

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by AlBoogy
    Come now. Lets not have fanboy glasses on. It does not own in America. Its getting owned by Sony. It will be different next round though.
    Na, not as far as I can tell. And what I see, is what I beleive.

welp, the question is can MS survive without the JAp market ?

welp, the question is can MS survive without the JAp market?
    A multi-billion dollar corporation? Yes.

Thread Information