Thread: Chaos Theory multiplayer modes revealed

Default Chaos Theory multiplayer modes revealed

September 27, 2004 - Ubisoft today revealed that Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory will feature not only the cooperative multiplayer mode previously announced, but will also include an enhanced version of the innovative Spies vs. Mercenaries multiplayer mode which debuted in Pandora Tomorrow....

Perhaps equally exciting is the return of Versus Mode, better known as "Spies vs. Mercenaries," the innovative two-on-two multiplayer mode originally introduced in Pandora Tomorrow. The Chaos Theory iteration will feature all-new maps, new cooperative moves, new weapons and gadgets, and and three game modes: Scenario, Disk Hunt, and Deathmatch. Of course, Versus will now run in the splendor of the Chaos Theory game engine, so you'll be getting your Spy vs. Merc on in style.

IGN article

Dont forget to check out the Screens and movies! (BTW, sounds like a new Final Fantasy in the backround.)

Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 09-27-2004 at 10:35 PM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I wonder if Ubisoft has got a clue yet on how to truly make an on-line cooperative multi-player mode...instead of on a mission to mission basis.

They need to make a progressive cooperative on-line mode...hopefully it is.

I hope the tighten up the merc controls a bit in this one..

This is a big plus.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Oh yes, it will be here
    Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="468" height="60" name="xad" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW I am so excited, I want it I want it more than anyone, I WANT IT NOWWWWW.

Deathmatch in spies vs. mercs? How do they plan on doing that?

And Maxy, not sure about the co-op, I haven't seen anything official on that, but I'd assume it's like RS3 - when you just do co-op per map. It's pretty dam hard to do that progressively, unless you get a way to store your game save, which I don't see happening.

Ive seen the co-op mode in action...It looks awesome...

Im sure there will be co-op only levels or something of that sort.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

According to past news the co-op mode will be a completely seperate game in itself that will tie directly into the main story, the levels, goals, challenges and routes will all be different.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Oh yes, it will be here
    Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="468" height="60" name="xad" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Any FIRM date on this yet offically? I want soooo bad >_<
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

this game looks vbetter and better every time i read any tidbit. I wonder how they improved it so much in such a short time...i mean, the first splinter cell came out like, last year didnt it?
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

i dont care, im not going to buy it, played it with my xba bretheren for like a month, and no one plays it anymore

Sweet, this looks awesome. I'll be interested to see how they do the deathmatch in this. That's all I play now because I'm tired of the cheaters and glitchers in ranked games, and it seems that most unranked games are all deathmatch.

around from time to time CMX Jedi's Avatar

i hope in deathmatch, the spys get a real gun, and the mercs can climb on stuff (just slower)

Thread Information