Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh man i cant believe im diong this

batman46st

Cry Oh man i cant believe im diong this

my beloved xbox my first born whitch arived at my house nov 17 2001.......will be traded tomorow for........(another xbox) do to many occuring problems i kept having not reading fable slowing down with movies n other games ive decided to take my box to gamecrazy and trade in my 2 controlers and get myself a brand new one..... it hurts to loose ur first born xbox. goodbye old xbox and yes the warrinty is done for my box i see no other solution(know that i only do this so that i have no problems with halo 2)

that sucks... i lost my first xbox awhile ago... not by my own choice though... i lost it along with all my saved data got a memory pack now so that wont happen again

you think thats bad, well i have a story for you! My family went on a trip to Austin and in the car we had 2 TV's and i was able to hook my xbox up to a TV and play while my sister watched a movie on the other. It was a boring drive from dallas, not far just boring (but the xbox made it funner). Anyway when we checked into our hotel at night and woke up the next morning And went out to the car the TV's were gone my xbox was gone and KOTOR which was in it. The DVD player was gone too and i was pissed, i mean we stayed at the Embassy suites and we got jacked like that? They had knocked the lock off the door and were able to get in without braking the windows. Well what was nice was as soon as i got back my dad went out and bought me a new xbox and another copy of KOTOR. so i actually got an updated xbox and everything it was cool. We had to get new TV's for the back of the front eats and a new DVD. but in the end it was ok.

Geee that must have really sucked man, I'd be pissed! Thats why I never leave anything expencive in the car, and if I do, I cover it up with a blanket. Welp, lesson learned the hard way I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by xX Warrior Xx
    you think thats bad, well i have a story for you! My family went on a trip to Austin and in the car we had 2 TV's and i was able to hook my xbox up to a TV and play while my sister watched a movie on the other. It was a boring drive from dallas, not far just boring (but the xbox made it funner). Anyway when we checked into our hotel at night and woke up the next morning And went out to the car the TV's were gone my xbox was gone and KOTOR which was in it. The DVD player was gone too and i was pissed, i mean we stayed at the Embassy suites and we got jacked like that? They had knocked the lock off the door and were able to get in without braking the windows. Well what was nice was as soon as i got back my dad went out and bought me a new xbox and another copy of KOTOR. so i actually got an updated xbox and everything it was cool. We had to get new TV's for the back of the front eats and a new DVD. but in the end it was ok.
    What do you expect leaving an xbox a dvd player kotor and two tv's in veiw in a car at night, you were stupid but mistakes happen, hey atleast you got a new Xbox and a new Kotor, I would be happy if that happend to me but unfortently my parents wouldent buy me a new one, so noone touches my xbox apart from my mate's who only hold the controllers anything else and I slappa there face.

Why not just buy a replacement laser and do it yourself? Much better than getting a whole new Xbox.

You'll be able to trade it in, as long as when you bring it to the store, it'll read 3 games, just has to boot the game basically, doesn't have to play through a game or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper-XBA
    Why not just buy a replacement laser and do it yourself? Much better than getting a whole new Xbox.

You'll be able to trade it in, as long as when you bring it to the store, it'll read 3 games, just has to boot the game basically, doesn't have to play through a game or anything.
    not true when i traded in my PS2 and 4 games of it they tested every game for like 10 minutes to see if it oplayed correctly then they tested the memory cvards then the other controller i had. But i guess it depends on the person working there.

Not only that but you guys think that the 2 TV were portable no they were attached to the back of the front seat's. I had hid my xbox under my seat. The theifs were supposedly targeting expeditions when it happened. I know this cuz thats what the manager at The hotel said. but i think that the theifs just peaked through the windows or sometyhing. Cuz we have tinted windows and it was at night when it happened.
    Last edited by Ghost; 09-30-2004 at 09:53 AM.

not true when i traded in my PS2 and 4 games of it they tested every game for like 10 minutes to see if it oplayed correctly then they tested the memory cvards then the other controller i had. But i guess it depends on the person working there.
    Don't tell me it's "not true" and then say that it depends on the person working there. I went through it 2 times already, one with my own Xbox and the other with my cousins. So yea, it happens. EB and Gamestops policy on returning a game console is that it has to at least play the game, then they send it out to get refurbished.

Don't tell me it's "not true" and then say that it depends on the person working there. I went through it 2 times already, one with my own Xbox and the other with my cousins. So yea, it happens. EB and Gamestops policy on returning a game console is that it has to at least play the game, then they send it out to get refurbished.
    sorry, lol, sometimes i forget that im not the only correct person.

Registered User dances with broom sticks's Avatar

I also am suffering through the loss of my first xbox. Still havent got a replacement yet, just moved and have $0 and no job yet. My mom did say she would buy me one as soon as I find a job though, gotta love the parents

R.I.P. Xbox
    November 15, 2001 - December 2003.

ok, so I have been suffering through the loss for along time

around from time to time CMX Jedi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dances with broom sticks
    I also am suffering through the loss of my first xbox. Still havent got a replacement yet, just moved and have $0 and no job yet. My mom did say she would buy me one as soon as I find a job though, gotta love the parents

R.I.P. Xbox
    November 15, 2001 - December 2003.

ok, so I have been suffering through the loss for along time
    you got to get one within the next month.

Registered User dances with broom sticks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doobus48174
    you got to get one within the next month.
    Oh without a doubt... It was hard enough not getting fable (I had been waiting since mid '01) No way I can go without Halo 2.

I still havent got a chance to play fable

batman46st

well when i traded my box man no one checked or anything they just took it didnt even look at it just said to me ok the diffrence is 30 bucks i was like wow not one hastle lol there gonna be pissed when that box dont work lol oh well....
    Last edited by batman46st; 10-01-2004 at 04:47 PM.

batman46st

Quote Originally Posted by dances with broom sticks
    Oh without a doubt... It was hard enough not getting fable (I had been waiting since mid '01) No way I can go without Halo 2.

I still havent got a chance to play fable

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Yeah, my first XBox literally went up in smoke...

I bought a new one the same day...

batman46st

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus
    Yeah, my first XBox literally went up in smoke...

I bought a new one the same day...
    dude wat the hell in smoke max lol how?

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batman46st
    dude wat the hell in smoke max lol how?
    It was the wierdest thing...I was playing Halo and suddenly I started smelling a ridiculous stench...the smell of burning electronics is a very distinct and repulsive smell. Anyway, I never saw any flames or anything, of course, but, my XBox was smokin' like a cow patty in a snow bank!!!!

I ejected the game, turned off my XBox, unplugged it, and ran out the front door with it so it wouldn't stink up my entire house. Unfortunately, the stench stuck around throughout my crib for several long hours (as opposed to short hours ).

Anyway, the very same day, I ran out and bought a brand spankin' new black and green beauty...equiped with a Samsung drive.

Do you guys realise how many of these threads we get? It's really worrying hearing that everyone's Xbox are breaking down. I'm on my second and alot of people I know and have spoken to are on there third. What the hell is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus
    It was the wierdest thing...I was playing Halo and suddenly I started smelling a ridiculous stench...the smell of burning electronics is a very distinct and repulsive smell. Anyway, I never saw any flames or anything, of course, but, my XBox was smokin' like a cow patty in a snow bank!!!!

I ejected the game, turned off my XBox, unplugged it, and ran out the front door with it so it wouldn't stink up my entire house. Unfortunately, the stench stuck around throughout my crib for several long hours (as opposed to short hours ).

Anyway, the very same day, I ran out and bought a brand spankin' new black and green beauty...equiped with a Samsung drive.
    The samsung drive is the one with two holes right?

Quote Originally Posted by xX Warrior Xx
    The samsung drive is the one with two holes right?
    Yes...

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Thread Information