Thread: does anyone have this controler?

Default does anyone have this controler?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...447459-1999000

i am getting a new controler, and am considering getting this, along with halo 2. if you jhave this controler, is it any good? comments....

cheers

chris

there was a thread about this a while ago, they were mixed reviews though..
    -Mark

okay cheers, i'll try and find them....cheers

chris

Even the Damned love. Douchesforfun's Avatar

I havent officialy tried the control yet, and I wanted it a while ago... I had the money to buy it but when i reexamined it, it looked kind of jenk, I mean how often do gamers use there other fingers, it will be harder to use. It doesnt even look that well made. If you really want it give it a try but I wouldn't buy it, get a wireless or one of the doa controls instead.

How the hell could you want to try that. It's a terriblee design. I doesn't even look like a controller and it wouldn't feel like one. It's the ugliest, most retarded excuse for a video game accessry that I've ever seen.
    Signature by MajorTom

It's not a bad controller, but it has some issues. The main one being that the analog sticks are far too sensitive, making it really hard to control. They don't have the same resistance that the original ones do. Also, the buttons feel a little cheap and aren't quite as "springy" as your standard controller buttons. Outside of that, it is an innovative concept with decent results.

I could see Microsoft taking that design and improving on it. I think butting the a,b,x and y buttons on the back of the controller (sorta like the Z button with the N64) would be a sorta good idea. I say this because when playing Halo/Halo 2 and I need to reload/jump/dual wield etc. I need to take my thumb off the right joystick. If they were on the back (2 on one side, 2 on the other) I could use 4 of the 6 free fingers I have to press them. I think it would be a good idea, and I know people will disagree with me (MajorTom) but I could see it being a great controller.

It would be great to play with Halo games, BUT it takes alot of getting use to due to the different design, and button layout
    Hidden Content
    ----------------------------
    Hidden Content
    -super_ryu/ RyuKid

very true

I like to stick with my two thumbs and my two index fingers. Anymore fingers and it's too much work. I may as well jsut go outside and play sports.
    Signature by MajorTom

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

A great one design specifically...for Halo 2.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Had a go on my mates who bought it with Halo 2, terrible sensitivity. If your regular pad are the official ones, then your hate that pad. Nice idea, poorly made.

the analog sticks are too sensitive and the buttons feel like crap. save your money

Rotten Meat

I tried this at my friends house after he has been using nonstop since Halo 2. If you have sweaty hands (which this controller will make you have them..weird kinda plastic) then your buttons will stick.

One good thing - if you like a lot of look sensativity... The analog sticks are WAY sensative. Move it a hair and it flys over. It is kinda hard to get used to, even if you normally increase your sensativity like I do.

Thread Information