Thread: Need Help With PbPr VGA Box Set-Up

Default Need Help With PbPr VGA Box Set-Up

I just recieved the PbPr VGA Box and tried to figure it out with my laptop. --> PbPr VGA Box

First of all, will it work with a Laptop? Second of all I know I have an LCD screen and I now have a PAL Xbox, is there anyway to tell whether or not it'll work?

Finally, it's got the Monitor/Out connection along with the VGA/IN connection and I'm not too sure which one to use. When i plugged it into the Monitor/Out and used the Fn key for the same thing I would a projector, there was nothin' but black.

Thanks guys
    "That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't cause that's the f*ck*ng way she goes."

"TCM -- Forever Gunnin' For The Best; To The First 4"

Quote Originally Posted by Shorezy
    I just recieved the PbPr VGA Box and tried to figure it out with my laptop. --> PbPr VGA Box

First of all, will it work with a Laptop? Second of all I know I have an LCD screen and I now have a PAL Xbox, is there anyway to tell whether or not it'll work?

Finally, it's got the Monitor/Out connection along with the VGA/IN connection and I'm not too sure which one to use. When i plugged it into the Monitor/Out and used the Fn key for the same thing I would a projector, there was nothin' but black.

Thanks guys
    i don't think they work with laptops because your screen isn't seperate, though ic ould be wrong i think you have to have a free standing monitor that goes to desktops.
    -Mark

ya unless your laptop has a vga in port which i highly doubt it does it won't work. You will need to get a standalone monitor.

Yeah, you need to use the video 'in'. I've sent my signal OUT on a laptop, but never tried to use my laptop monitor for something else. I don't know if that would work.

Thread Information