Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Gen Xbox Could Be Named Xbox 360?!!

skorp

Exclamation Next Gen Xbox Could Be Named Xbox 360?!!

Possibly someone accidentally spilled the beans...

Next Gen Xbox Could Be Named Xbox 360
    Friday, February 04 @ 17:10:39 PST

Engadget has just posted an article claiming the new game console from Microsoft could be called the Xbox 360. It sounds like the source is legit, so the cat is out of the bag.

Although Microsoft will not be officially announcing their new game console until E3 along with Sony and Nintendo, someone at the company has let the new name slip out into the press. From what we can tell Engadget has the first scoop too. The name "Xbox 360" doesn't sound half bad and probably has some sort of symbolic meaning, but until we know more this is all speculation.

You can thank Engadget for breaking the story on this one.

Source

True or not its good enough for me... What do you guys think?...
    Last edited by skorp; 02-04-2005 at 08:20 PM.

No, just no.

360 degrees encompasses all of the angles, so I think that is supposed to have a reference to the home theater. The Xbox will encorporate all facets of home entertainment, or at least that is what they want you to think. It's not bad. I like Xenon better though.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

I was all for the Y - Box.

Thanks Spartan for the sig

Wondering Around

or it could be, we went around and came back to where we started, we aren't going to improve a thing.

Someone bought the domain a few days ago, I wonder who leaked it out....

Registrant:
    Gaming360 Limited (XBOX360-COM-DOM)
    Gaming360 Limited
    5 Jupiter House Calleva Park
    Reading Berks, RG7 8NN
    UK
    020 8926 2569
    <script>open('http://XBOX360.COM');</script>
    adrianjudson@yahoo.com

Domain Name: XBOX360.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Adrian Judson adrianjudson@yahoo.com
    5 Jupiter House Calleva Park
    Reading Berks, RG7 8NN
    UK
    020 8926 2569

Renegade of funk

I really didn't think that Xenon would be the actual launch name. Sounds to much like Intel's Xeon. I don't see why MS would label the future on home entertainment so closely to a current Intel product.
    Xbox 360? It makes sense I suppose in that grand scheme of things. A little weird though for the reason that Shannon said.
    As for the domain name, could be cyber squaters jumping on the leak despite the authenticity in hopes that MS would have to pay them to sell the domain to them.
    It's happened before several times with various big name items. People scour the net for intel and rumors. They buy domain names ahead of time in hopes of making a pay off when the rich owners are forced to buy that domain name back.
    It happened most notably when Gallery Furniture here in Houston announced that they intend to pay to have a NCAA Texas bowl game called Galleryfurniture.com bowl.
    Some people jumped on it and registered the domain before they could and a legal battle embroiled.

Anyway, who knows? I liked Xbox Next.

Don't like it much myself, but who cares in a name? :P
    Smart though if you compare it: Xbox 360/ Playstation3. Makes em sound similar
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Xbox Next was teh ball-st0mper of a name. But no, they had to go with a name that implies that the next Xbox will spin.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Spartan17
    Can someone please tell me how to get on MS paint and get a good sig

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblind
    they had to go with a name that implies that the next Xbox will spin.
    Maybe it does. The cintrithical force on the perpetual motion device is what powers the uber power.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by Variation
    Maybe it does. The cintrithical force on the perpetual motion device is what powers the uber power.

I see......it would still only serve for masterbation purposes for me, anyway.

I'm just kidding.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Spartan17
    Can someone please tell me how to get on MS paint and get a good sig

Wondering Around

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer-XBA
    I really didn't think that Xenon would be the actual launch name. Sounds to much like Intel's Xeon. I don't see why MS would label the future on home entertainment so closely to a current Intel product.
    Xbox 360? It makes sense I suppose in that grand scheme of things. A little weird though for the reason that Shannon said.
    As for the domain name, could be cyber squaters jumping on the leak despite the authenticity in hopes that MS would have to pay them to sell the domain to them.
    It's happened before several times with various big name items. People scour the net for intel and rumors. They buy domain names ahead of time in hopes of making a pay off when the rich owners are forced to buy that domain name back.
    It happened most notably when Gallery Furniture here in Houston announced that they intend to pay to have a NCAA Texas bowl game called Galleryfurniture.com bowl.
    Some people jumped on it and registered the domain before they could and a legal battle embroiled.

Anyway, who knows? I liked Xbox Next.

buying domain names like that in hopes of getting rich by making legit owners pay for it is called cyber squatting and usually turns up in favor of the real name brand owner and either the person who purchased it to begin with has to just turn over the name for nothing, or they could get sued for any monetary gain they received while owning that domain (revenue generated by a registered trade mark when they didn't own the rights to it.)

i highly doubt microsoft changes the domain name of its official site, it will probably just be xbox.com and have different areas for each console, etc...

i heared this over a year ago, i was surveyed by something to do with MS about choosing a name..... xbox 360 was an option, but XBOX2 was the most popular choice...
    they wanted to call it xbox 360 to make it sound superior to PS3, as xbox2 sounds one less than ps3....
    Hidden Content

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

360 degrees.......

around from time to time CMX Jedi's Avatar

i still like xbox next, but the name doesent make the system.

it could be true maybe it circle but XBOX OWNS sounds better SJGSRGJTEJRDZTF !!!!!!oeneoneone1111!!!!!!!!!one!!!!!!111!!!!1!!!!!! omg n00bs.

"shut the f**k up donnie" TheWheelMan's Avatar

I think it should just be XBOX2 so what if its one notch down from ps3 the XBOX2 is ganna be superior and thats all that matters
    My Games - Grand theft auto: San Andreas, Thief: Deadly Shadows, The Punisher, Mercenaries, Jade Empire, Splinter cell: Pandora Tomorrow, Splinter cell: Chaos Theory, Operation Flashpoint: Elite, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Psi Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy, Phantom Crash, Shenmue 2, Beyond Good and Evil, Far Cry Instincts, Breakdown, The Warriors, Chronicles of Ridd.ick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Tenchu: Return from darkness, Jaws Unleashed, Driver: Parellel Lines, Gladius, Just Cause, Indigo Prophecy, Flatout 2, Oddworld: Strangers Wrath, Urban Chaos: Riot Response, Men of Valor, Advent Rising, Otogi: Myth of demons

I would have named it xboxowns. What do you think?

This is MY HOME

If that's gonna be the name, it better be cricular. That would kick ass, and would give the Xbox even more uses as you could take it outside and play frisbee.

Skankeez

Quote Originally Posted by wbio
    If that's gonna be the name, it better be cricular. That would kick ass, and would give the Xbox even more uses as you could take it outside and play frisbee.
    yes a 40lb frisbee!!

Thread Information