Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best game music?

Eek best game music?

well, what game do you think boasts the best musical score?? wether that be theme or in-game music. i say halo/ halo2 has the best in game music ever! i love the theme tune, all the songs everything sounds so great!! well what game do you think has the best music?
    Hidden Content

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by sam smith
    well, what game do you think boasts the best musical score?? wether that be theme or in-game music. i say halo/ halo2 has the best in game music ever! i love the theme tune, all the songs everything sounds so great!! well what game do you think has the best music?
    ^ ^ ^ ^
    I concur.
    I do like being able to have my own custom soundtrack but its not going to happen with games like halo 2.

Renegade of funk

I like a lot of the music in Halo 2. My wife bought me the soundtrack and it's really good.

Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter get's a nod because they used The Rollins Band's "Shine" as the intro song.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 and 4 had some good music in it. BMX XXX had some good songs on their too.

But now I'm just getting into popular songs included into a game.
    For a specific score and music made for a game, Halo 2 is the best.

my xboxes is loud? :s

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer-XBA
    I like a lot of the music in Halo 2. My wife bought me the soundtrack and it's really good.

Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter get's a nod because they used The Rollins Band's "Shine" as the intro song.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 and 4 had some good music in it. BMX XXX had some good songs on their too.

But now I'm just getting into popular songs included into a game.
    For a specific score and music made for a game, Halo 2 is the best.
    100% True! - About the Halo 2 Soundtrack!
    hi!

I liked Mech Assault 2's soundtrack.

And yea, Halo2's was very well placed.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Halo 2 without a doubt.
    "If there is enough religion to instill war, why isn't there enough to instill tolerance?"

OH MAN, easy one: The Whole Damn Mortal kombat Series.

I remember listening to MK 1 music in my headphones and it was hella cool. The MK games got the best music period.

* Oh, didnt know this was the xbox forum haha.

On the xbox tho, i would have to say Tao Feng hands down.

Metal Gear Solid 2/3. End of discussion.
    Henry Gregson-Williams smokes everyone.

I really like the EA Sports game's soundtracks. They have a healthy mix of good songs. Especially Madden and MVP. But, yeah, the halo2 soundtrack is pretty beast, especially with Incubus. They are awesome.

actually, i agree vman... EA do add great tunes to their sports games (thats why we cant do custom tracks) i find that i end up humming and singing alomng with the songs in EA sports games like FIFA 2005! but still, halo2 does it for me
    Hidden Content

Definitely have to comment on this one, since this is what my career might be in about 3 years!

The mentions of Mortal Kombat, Halo 1 & 2, and Metal Gear Solid are all great ones.

My other favorites are Jet Grind Radio and Sonic Adventure (for Dreamcast)...most of the tracks were performed by real bands, not done on a keyboard attached to a computer (which is how most of sound design is done, but there is nothing wrong with it). For Xbox, Morrowind has some great orchestral compositions...check it out. Ninja Gaiden pumps out some great background music too...sometimes you don't even notice it because it fits so well, which is what you want in video game music.

Wow, weird this thread came up right after I did a 6 page paper on video game sound design for my First Year Writing paper at my university! Neat stuff
    When you're alarm goes off in the morning, do a backflip straight out of bed without even sitting up, do some pushups while dodging bullets in slow motion, then do a cartwheel into your car while spinning a CD on the tip of your finger ... now you're a unique individual.

Fable's music is my favorite. Morrowind is really good too..

Starving College Student

zelda. man i love the overworld theme.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

ESPN games since its my own music i put on

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Halo, the monks chanting are so good.. i have it on my Mp3 players. Along with like 11 other songs in Halo 1/2
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

i also have a few of the halo2 songs on an mp3, i think theyr great! but i think fable also had some great music... but i know for sure that driv3r had some of the worst in game music EVER... nothing is more annoying than free riding lstening to that crap 2 bar beat repeating and repeating... but lukily the game is crap so you dont need to play it
    Hidden Content

Definately Halo/Halo2. Also props to TonyHawks2 and Ninja Gaiden.

GTA ViceCity...It had some great jams,and really made the experiance of being in a 1980's "Miami" come alive.
    " A man can be happy with any woman as long as he dosnt love her...it's true..." As quoted by Mr. President from a Super Milk Chan advert on AdultSwim

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Ninja Gaiden. Final.

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

Fable's music fit perfectly at every instance. Halo CE had a much better soundtrack than the sequel. Otherwise, I hardly pay any attention to music in video games. Usually, if I take notice it's because the track is just awful or absurd.

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

Thread Information