Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New details on the Xbox 360

I'm gonna be boring

They certainly could put more money into it than Sony could it they thought it would be worth it. But since M$ as a whole is doing so well they probably don't want to.

they know they have to... they know xbox2 has to again be superior to the sony next gen console... and it will be
    Hidden Content

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by sam smith
    they know they have to... they know xbox2 has to again be superior to the sony next gen console... and it will be
    i wouldn't be too sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by vman
    i wouldn't be too sure about that.
    Well they know in order to be successful, it must be the most powerful system again. They know if its not, Xbox 2 might loose fans, instead of gain them.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRaptor
    Well they know in order to be successful, it must be the most powerful system again. They know if its not, Xbox 2 might loose fans, instead of gain them.
    true, but look what happend to the BS2, it came out first, then it got anally raped by XBOX. im just saying that the PS3 will have a slight advantge in seeing what MS is gonna come up with before officially coming out with a console.

that is if, of course, MS realeases the next xbox in 05.
    Last edited by vman; 02-27-2005 at 12:38 AM.

I still say that it's too early for the NexGen consoles. Seriously, if people stopped making consoles after Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube but continued making games for them, you wouldn't hear me complain.

The only good wireless control I have seen so far is the one for the Gamecube, otherwise they all suck. Let's see, $30-$40 just for the controller plus $5 for a 4 pack of batteries? No.

Xbox 360? Great, MSoft is making a spinning console. I liked NextBox better.

I stopped buying memory cards back when I played the N64, no way am I going to start now.

And lets not forget about the inevitable price hike in games. I expect Spinbox games to be around $60 to $65.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Spartan17
    Can someone please tell me how to get on MS paint and get a good sig

I love how alot of poeple just immediately dismiss the whole Sony side of things. They are going to want to have a superior product to the Xbox. They lost potential customers becuase their PS2 was lacking in features. They will want to change that to make the most profit they possibly can.

Microsoft isn't the only huge corporation involved in this console war. All of the companies want to have the best product.

-edit-
    Snowblind, grow up. Change is inevitable, if you can't change with the world, you will be left behind and eaten by the sewer rats.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblind
    Xbox 360? Great, MSoft is making a spinning console. .
    it wont be called xbox 360,it wont be called xbox 360,it wont be called xbox 360, oh please dont let it be called xbox 360!!

and yeah, ms knows why most people bought xbox in the fist place... cause it was better, more powerful etc... that will be the case in the next round
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by MerimacHamwich
    Snowblind, grow up. Change is inevitable, if you can't change with the world, you will be left behind and eaten by the sewer rats.

What the hell? I didn't say that I couldn't live with the new change, I said that I just don't like the idea of the consoles coming out within the next year. I can adapt with the change if that's what your getting at.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Spartan17
    Can someone please tell me how to get on MS paint and get a good sig

People put WAY too much emphisis on specs of a system. Systems rarely peak out and when they do it's usually near the end of it's life span (Doom3 XB, GT4 PS2).

Just because a system has this many more mhz or ram doesnt mean its a superior system. Who cares if it's the most powerfull system ever but all the games are crap? Least we could play a REALLY pretty pacman or something... :P
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by Variation
    People put WAY too much emphisis on specs of a system. Systems rarely peak out and when they do it's usually near the end of it's life span (Doom3 XB, GT4 PS2).

... :P
    i know what you mean... compare some of the gritty first xb games which looked like ps2 games (bar halo) with the pc quality stuff were treated with now.

but i admmit... im prety shallow, im going to want to get the most powerful console with the beefy specs and most ram"! face it, then developers will have more to work with and will be able to innovate and impress more

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblind
    I still say that it's too early for the NexGen consoles. Seriously, if people stopped making consoles after Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube but continued making games for them, you wouldn't hear me complain.

you would start to complain when you see how great pc games are excelling over time... can you imagine if we were left with ps1, and we were all looking at pcs with HL2 Doom etc, i think youd feel... well underpowered, and missing out.
    Last edited by SamSmith; 02-27-2005 at 04:11 PM.
    Hidden Content

All I can say is wait till E3.
    1UP: "1UP: Speaking of your enemies, Tekken 5 just came out in North America (and we know how you feel about Tekken), but doesn't feature any sort of online play, multi-tiered stages, or tag-team play. Do you think they chickened out of the online arena?"

Itagaki: "First they put in all of these half-finished "features", then they take them right out again. Tag fights, elevation differences, walls. I don't know if it's because they're impatient, or because they lack the ability, but no matter the reason those guys are a pretty weird bunch."

you know hardware is not where what makes thegame work is the software and cost, if MS says that the XNA can do what it can do in a low cost then developers will see a why to make great content to save the company money over high price because once yu reach the $60 mark then you really have to think about buying the game that is really worth the price.

I remember trading my N64 because of the game was to high, I still remember till this day the WCWvsNWO game cost like $90, nw tell me is it worth it?
    1UP: "1UP: Speaking of your enemies, Tekken 5 just came out in North America (and we know how you feel about Tekken), but doesn't feature any sort of online play, multi-tiered stages, or tag-team play. Do you think they chickened out of the online arena?"

Itagaki: "First they put in all of these half-finished "features", then they take them right out again. Tag fights, elevation differences, walls. I don't know if it's because they're impatient, or because they lack the ability, but no matter the reason those guys are a pretty weird bunch."

You do forget 75% of console owners have no idea or care about the power of a system. I Think the xbox 2 should be powerful enough to compete with the PS3 but still be cheaper than the PS3 because honestly I think that is what will be crucial to the sales(Price).

Quote Originally Posted by TOTTEN
    You do forget 75% of console owners have no idea or care about the power of a system.
    True, but the people that do won't be suaded to the other side, even if the lineup is much better
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

I'm gonna be boring

It's true Totten, there are so many people, teenagers especially, that just get a console for Christmas and only buy games like Madden, Halo, and San Andreas for it. They don't give a sh** about the consoles specs or if it has a harddrive, really they don't care how much it cost either cuz it's usually their parent paying for it. It's the mainstream games they care about.

Thread Information