Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $70 next gen games by EA?

Default $70 next gen games by EA?

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000420034521/

Rich sports fans will be delighted to hear that EA may charge as much as $70 per game. The “leak” sprung from the dam at Destination Playstation, an annual gathering of retailers. Granted, it was a Sega source that mentioned the price point, but they admitted that their titles would sell for $60.

If true, we all know why the price is high. No competition for EA means no need to price it right, right?

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

I think all games on Xbox 2 and ps3 will be 60-70 dollars. There was an article in EGM. Cause developers have more things to put in the game so they are raising the price, but I am sure they would make a profit even if it was 30 dollars a game.
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

Doesn't surprise me one bit, they can change whatever they want. Sad thing is people will pay it. Godo thing I hate sports :P
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

That is insane. 70$ bucks for a game.

fun while it lasted

****ing rediculous, that is robbery if they are charging 70 bucks for a game. really hope this isnt true

Screw that.

Man, I remember the old days when N64 games were $60 brand new and now Xbox games are around $54.00, that makes a ****load of sense.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Spartan17
    Can someone please tell me how to get on MS paint and get a good sig

F*** EA!!!! That equates to like 84 Canadian PLUS GST, 90 BUCKS!!!! That like how much my xbox is worth alone!!! EA can die.

Registered User dances with broom sticks's Avatar

With the Canadian exchange it looks like I'll be taking advantage of blockbusters no late fee policy instead of buying games

bust a nut

damn...**** that. looks like the end of my gaming career if game prices are that high. back to old school games like nintendo and sega.

They'd fail

1) No one buys from EA
    2) even if they do , its alot more than usual for a piece of junk.
    3) ea can fk themselves

Maritimer

That's dumb as hell, here in Canada a lot of games already go for $59.99-$69.99 and the next gen console games will be going for like 80 some dollars without taxes..
    Willy2.0

AHHH BULL****! that is so dumb, of course, they will still sell their games though. I hate EA if they do this. But, im not too surprised, with all the rumors going around, i figured that all games would be priced higher. Like faceoff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblind
    Screw that.

Man, I remember the old days when N64 games were $60 brand new and now Xbox games are around $54.00, that makes a ****load of sense.

Well, N64 games were cartridges, therefore more expensive to produce. But 70 $ for a disc based game is ridiculous..no way will I pay that much. (Don't quote me on that)

Thanks Spartan for the sig

Canadian price will probably be 79.99 if the current exchange rate holds steady.. plus tax it would be 91 dollars for a game in all provinces except Alberta (dam you Jermy).

Yep.. Blockbuster's no late fees are looking better and better by the minute.

Rent: 6.99, keep for 29 days, pay the 1.99 restocking free. So 10 bucks to rent a game for a month.. better than buying a game at even 70 bucks Canadian.. most games are played out after a couple months anyway.

I used to post here a lot.

The Trash Man

Is that how the Blockbuster no-late fee promo works? You only have to pay a restocking fee?
    *~The XBA Trash Man~*

**Taking The Trash Out**

Slowride

So just wait awhile to buy the games when they drop in price. You don't have to have it the day it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampTTU
    So just wait awhile to buy the games when they drop in price. You don't have to have it the day it comes out.
    that's prbly what i'll do, unless, of course, it is a huge game like halo3 or something.

Slowride

or the prequel to kabuki warriors.

Maritimer

Quote Originally Posted by Whisper
    Canadian price will probably be 79.99 if the current exchange rate holds steady.. plus tax it would be 91 dollars for a game in all provinces except Alberta (dam you Jermy).
    That's some bull right there
    Willy2.0

A possible price hike has been known for quite some time. EA is risking quite a bit to charge $70 for next-gen titles, but you have to remember that they are releasing their sports titles on ALL CONSOLES. So you will be seeing Madden 06' on both XBox and XBox 2. Either way they will be making money, because people need their football fix.

As the article states, Sega will be pricing their titles at around $60, which is reasonable. All I know is I will be going back to renting titles come the XBox 2.

Thread Information