Thread: First pic of the actual XBOX2/360?!

skorp

Question First pic of the actual XBOX2/360?!

Allard looms over little silver box.

Either someone has a very deft hand with their cell phone camera, or this is a good fake (or it’s a really nice surge protector). Pengo sends in this shot of Allard standing over a small silver box that could be the next Xbox. It has the rounded look that we’ve heard about, and seems sexy enough from a distance. Let’s start taking a look at the shadows underneath the device. It’s a great way to spend a Saturday!

UPDATE: Our buds over at Engadget have laid the smack down on this one. They say the box is a decoy. Their source promised that the real deal is much nicer.

Source

Quote Originally Posted by skorp
    Allard looms over little silver box.

Either someone has a very deft hand with their cell phone camera, or this is a good fake (or it’s a really nice surge protector). Pengo sends in this shot of Allard standing over a small silver box that could be the next Xbox. It has the rounded look that we’ve heard about, and seems sexy enough from a distance. Let’s start taking a look at the shadows underneath the device. It’s a great way to spend a Saturday!

UPDATE: Our buds over at Engadget have laid the smack down on this one. They say the box is a decoy. Their source promised that the real deal is much nicer.

Source
    That looks cool but a bit too raw it kinda looks like a over sized hardrive.

Renegade of funk

Thats fake and it's stupid looking too.

A decoy? Wtf? Why not show nothing. Nothing is a much better decoy.

Its probably a dev kit. I dont think MS is gonna have a white Xbox as their normal version. They'll stick with the black and green or possibly silver and green.

Yea, remember the giant metal X we were shown before Xbox release? Same idea here, won't be anything like it :P
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

The PSKT is for...

Apparently, that was one of the so-though fake designs posted all over the net a long long time ago.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/9253838747326816/

The Addict Formerly Known as Hidden Content / PapaSKooT-XBA

Renegade of funk

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSKooT-XBA
    Apparently, that was one of the so-though fake designs posted all over the net a long long time ago.

That's what I was getting at. I knew I've seen it somewhere before as one of those prerumor concept things.

skorp

Sad

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSKooT-XBA

Exactly! What is that?... An F5 or an FS for f**king stupid?!

I guess its not the beauty outside that matters, but what's inside... [Augh. I think I'm gonna be sick]

Don't forget about the rumored "shoulder button" next-gen controller on the left...

Last edited by skorp; 03-13-2005 at 01:47 AM.

Thats gotta be a fake, MS wouldn't put 2 handles on it....lol

MS promised a sleek design, i doubt that's the new box. there is nothing sleek about a sliver box with a huge 'x' on it.

yea...that can't be it...

That controller looks even worse. I sure as hell hope they don't give me shoulder pads instead of Triggers. This "is" supposed to be an Xbox controller not a Playstation ripoff correct.

skorp

Question Is this the Xbox 2/360/Next/Xenon’s launch screen?

Is this the Xbox 2/360/Next/Xenon’s launch screen?

Dan M just sent this pic from cq-ef.net that may be the next Xbox’s launch screen. It’s unverified as of now, of course. And will probably remain so for awhile (like E3-awhile). It is a bit suspicious that it’s called “Xenon Launcher”. Not exactly a user-friendly nomenclature (at least for the “mainstream”). If genuine, it should be considered a prototype, at best.

Source

Quote Originally Posted by skorp
    Is this the Xbox 2/360/Next/Xenon’s launch screen?

Dan M just sent this pic from cq-ef.net that may be the next Xbox’s launch screen. It’s unverified as of now, of course. And will probably remain so for awhile (like E3-awhile). It is a bit suspicious that it’s called “Xenon Launcher”. Not exactly a user-friendly nomenclature (at least for the “mainstream”). If genuine, it should be considered a prototype, at best.

Source

That screen is legit, but that image has been out for AGES. It's specifically for the dev boxes, and some fool simply put it on their PC monitor + placed their XBox below it, perhaps to feel "1337"

skorp

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by maneatingcow
    That screen is legit, but that image has been out for AGES. It's specifically for the dev boxes, and some fool simply put it on their PC monitor + placed their XBox below it, perhaps to feel "1337"

OIC! Thanks for the update... I was wondering what was below the screen. Could'nt make out the pic.

It looks like the gas can on the back of my jeep.

bleh.

thats what i was going to say.. looks like a gas can... i bet it's not even a dev kit case.. just some dude bringing in his gas can

I used to post here a lot.

It was retarded. Nb4dalok.

This is MY HOME

Thread Information