Thread: Europe Set For Xbox 2 Deluge By Christmas

skorp

Default Europe Set For Xbox 2 Deluge By Christmas

Over a million Xenons to flood Europe in Santa's sack

Ever scoop-mungous UK trade mag MCV is reporting that over a million Xbox 2's will flood into Europe in time for Christmas this year, to spearhead Microsoft's assault on the next generation.
    MCV certainly enjoys a number of well placed industry sources and they quote a senior, though unnamed source, at a major US publisher as saying that a million Xbox Xenons will hit Europe around November, rapidly rising to over 1.5 million units by March 2006.

Intriguingly, the source goes on to say that Xbox Xenon will not be backwards compatible and that major publishers are currently delaying some of their major franchises and releases to make them next-gen ready, so that they won't be hampered by the current Xbox shortage .

MCV also quotes a recent interview with Microsoft VP and Chief XNA architect J Allard as saying that Xbox Xenon will come in a variety of 'flavours' tailored to individual release territories. Allard also hints that a hard drive won't necessarily be a key feature of the Xenon.

Source
    Last edited by skorp; 03-24-2005 at 09:20 AM.

I'll wait for E3's official announcement from the horses mouth.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

I don't doubt any of that. Xbox will most likely NOT be BC. It takes too much time, effort and $$$ to make it affordable. Furthermore it would reduce their ability to make the Xenon the top of the line piece of equipment. I don't hink the PS3 will be either, but that's my theory.

Thread Information