Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 360 Confirmed Again, Design Leaked, Console To Be White?

Sammael

Default 360 Confirmed Again, Design Leaked, Console To Be White?

www.eurogamer.net

is indeed called Xbox 360, that the logo is a simple, round nexus, and that the console itself has a concave design. And it's white. Maybe.

Many rumours have been circulating in the past months regarding Microsoft's next generation system, but let us now lay them all the rest. The name of Xbox's successor is Xbox 360, we can confirm, and the design of the machine is indeed a concave shape.

Speaking under conditions of strict anonymity, a British source privy to Microsoft's marketing documents has today confirmed the machine's name and previously rumoured details of the actual design.

The machine can stand upright and hollows in at the middle, like it's "sucking in its cheeks," our source told us today. Previous rumours had put the console as silver, although fresh information says the final design may be white. It's impossible to tell from the documents, the source went on to say.

According to the source, the rumoured slot for the hard drive - which was apparently at the top of the machine - is not obvious on the document, and the person was unable to clarify where the slot for discs actually appeared.

The logo is described as a simple, round nexus with "Xbox 360" written inside it. Previous rumours had simply the numbers "360" in the disc.

Microsoft will show the console for the first time in a half-hour special on MTV on May 12, a week ahead of E3. The company's press conference, on Monday, May 16, will be the first viewing of the console to the trade en bloc.

Xbox 360 is expected to receive a global release in late 2005.

When contacted today, Microsoft simply said that it does not comment on rumours and speculation relating to next generation product.

I heart circles

Nice news, but how did the Brits get this leaked before us?

Sammael

I <3 OOOOO

You know I was telling Duke, I had a sneaking suspicion the console would be white. A certain owner of a certain other Xbox site. Started a thread in his own forums called "I hope its not white." He then proceeded to talk about how white wouldn't go with his setup.

I'm thinking to myself, why would this guy who owns this site and is privy to information make a thread like this. Why white? Why not green, blue or red? I figure he knows something and he is just teasing the people. Anyway, white may be cool from the dark colors of this generations consoles.

Also remember one of the first images revealed from Our Colony was of a white joystick.

White is a completely stupid idea. I think silver or black since that is the color of most electronics these days. If you want it to stand out put some leds on it.

weird how the next xbox prbly wont be a box at all.

xbAWOL

Please don't be white. If it is, it should be named the iBox, not the Xbox 360. If it is white though...I hope its not too Appely!

Chancellor Of Dark Enemy # 1 Stunner's Avatar

think about it, why would XBOX "360" be in a X shape like the old one when u do a 360 u go in a circular direction, i kinda get it, but i dont get white....come on...dirty....scuffs...why coulndt it be green or yellow or something

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MixMasta
    Please don't be white. If it is, it should be named the iBox, not the Xbox 360. If it is white though...I hope its not too Appely!

lol...ibox. I never thought of it that way, although the apple design team is an award winning team, and the ipod campaing is an award winning advertising campaign.

I dont know, if they do the right shade of white, it can look pretty damn sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCovenant
    I dont know, if they do the right shade of white, it can look pretty damn sexy.
    IVORY!

White....the beige of the 21st century. Thanks Apple.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

hmmm.. i dont know, i like white... but to me xbox means GREEN... i suppose im just a bit cautious of change
    Hidden Content

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

I heard it's phallic shaped with action missles.

Well it stands upright and has concave sides so it is not round. White kinda is a ****ty colour but black is overdone.

How about a dark grey like a smoke?

i think blue steel would be perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by vman
    i think blue steel would be perfection!
    I'm down with that! As long as it isn't this Blue Steel.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Starving College Student

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    White is a completely stupid idea. I think silver or black since that is the color of most electronics these days. If you want it to stand out put some leds on it.
    of course, white electronics have been doing very poorly these days.

[edit]-damn, beaten to the punch.

but yeah, i'd like white.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

skorp

Lightbulb

The machine can stand upright and hollows in at the middle, like it's "sucking in its cheeks," our source told us today.
    The way that sounds, it seems to be concave on the top and bottom or right and left when upright.

I'm okay with the white colored console even with a nice and simple logo of "360" like on Sammael's avatar. I think that's cool... Just hopefully the console doesn't look to plain.

But remember what J Allard supposedly said?!... I believe he said each console could be modified to each person's liking. Possibly a face plate or case cover [color and/or graph design] could be replaced.

You guys care WAY too much about a color :P

I'm taking this all in witha grain of salt and treating it as a rumor for now, since some UK site was the first to get the leet beta infoz.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by LynxFX-XBA
    I'm down with that! As long as it isn't this Blue Steel.
    you silly sally, everyone knows that is Tigra, blue steel looks more like this

Well I was going to say Magnum but I hear it isn't quite ready,

---Hidden Content ---

Thread Information