Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 Prices Leaked: $300/$360

Default Xbox 360 Prices Leaked: $300/$360

$360 is cheaper than I expected, hopefully it will come with the camera.

Source

Quote Originally Posted by xblGamers
    Earlier today, we received a nice little tidbit in an e-mail regarding the 360. As is already known, there will be two packages ready in the fall.

One consists of the bare, basic console, controller, cables, etc. It will retail for the standard $299.99 USD.

The other contains the 360, controller(s?), remote, and the HDD (with extra content). We couldn't get a comment on the chance of this package having the camera bundled. This will retail for the bargin, and fairly uninspired, price of $360 USD.

See what they did there? Xbox 360, $360. Cute.

skorp

Lightbulb

$300 would be an awesome price.

I see the $360 package is obviously focusing on Live, with the HDD and maybe the cam.

I guess it makes sense in price with people having to use memory cards.

I'm interested in what extra content will be available... Halo 2 1.5 or whatever they call it, etc....

Nice.

Nice....$360, lol MS has a sense of humer...

not sure i trust that source but it would be a good price

With that price would they be losing money again?

This is MY HOME

For $360, count me in.

XBA's MX vs ATV Master MXracer721's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LTM360
    For $360, count me in.
    no kidding, if these prices are correct hell yea im excited.

Hidden Content height="60" http://assets.interscope.com/myspace/qotsa/QOTSAbanners/Makingpeoplehappy.gif"

Who wouldn't pay the extra $60 for a 40 gig drive and a remote? 0_o
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

its 360 dollars american though...can someone accurately translate that for me in Canadian dollars....variation ???
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by thatdude222
    dont overhype games......
    remember fable? me neither.

It would cost approximately $450 Canadian. Just to let the Canadians here know.

right now about 439 canadian... so it would likely retail at 439.99... 429.99 if we're really lucky.. worst case will be 449.99

I used to post here a lot.

349.99 USD
    United States Dollars = 432.946 CAD
    Canada Dollars
    1 USD = 1.23702 CAD 1 CAD = 0.808392 USD

I'll bet on $449 since we never get the nice end of the exchange rate though.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

If this is accurate then this is the only thing left for M$ to do to clench the console war of this next gen. That would be absolutely amazing for $360!

Let's think about how much money they are losing....

On only the CPU's! They are gonna lose a bunch... 3 3.6 GHZ CPU's? That alone is worth more than they are charging. Amazing, simply amazing.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by shrew king Hidden Content
    -Having a signature stating you miss a group of boys is questionable. Please make note.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark
    If this is accurate then this is the only thing left for M$ to do to clench the console war of this next gen. That would be absolutely amazing for $360!

Let's think about how much money they are losing....

On only the CPU's! They are gonna lose a bunch... 3 3.6 GHZ CPU's? That alone is worth more than they are charging. Amazing, simply amazing.
    Tell me about it....

I'm sure each PowerPC alone costs at LEAST $200+ X3=~$600
    A video card beyond that of the X800 which right now cost $500 alone, lets say this new one would cost (With ERAM for playing games in ultra high resolutions)= ~$600
    512megs of super fast 700 mhz of ram = ~$200
    Wireless Wi-Fi = ~$50
    Ultra complex + compact motherboard and components to make it all work together=~$200
    1 XB 360 controller=~$30
    40 gig external/detachable HD=~$80

Ok I think that's all...so if you were to try and build one on your own, you'd have to spend at least $1760!!!! That is just CRAZY!

And to think MS is giving you one for $360....if only you could rip the innerds out and use it as a killer PC. But what the heck, the way it sounds, it just might have the funtionality of a PC, just without the crashes, viruses, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRaptor
    Tell me about it....

I'm sure each PowerPC alone costs at LEAST $200+ X3=~$600
    A video card beyond that of the X800 which right now cost $500 alone, lets say this new one would cost (With ERAM for playing games in ultra high resolutions)= ~$600
    512megs of super fast 700 mhz of ram = ~$200
    Wireless Wi-Fi = ~$50
    Ultra complex + compact motherboard and components to make it all work together=~$200
    1 XB 360 controller=~$30
    40 gig external/detachable HD=~$80

Ok I think that's all...so if you were to try and build one on your own, you'd have to spend at least $1760!!!! That is just CRAZY!

And to think MS is giving you one for $360....if only you could rip the innerds out and use it as a killer PC. But what the heck, the way it sounds, it just might have the funtionality of a PC, just without the crashes, viruses, etc...

Seriously, this price is unfathomable.

I hope the hackers get onto this one quick, I'd love to have full funtionality. I can't see how any game would ever need this much power. I just don't know. It's like pulling a toy truck with a tractor...
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by shrew king Hidden Content
    -Having a signature stating you miss a group of boys is questionable. Please make note.

for 60 dollars more we get a HDD and possibly a camera? That's awesome. Awesome to tha max.
    But Alpha I'm pretty sure Microsoft won't be paying that much (1760) on each console. They have business deals/partners, and buy bulk so companies would charge way less. Also I'm sure Bill has a mine of portarican kids at his disposale.
    Even if it somehow costs more than 360, maybe it's some business plan to get people to buy it and buy the games/accesories/software (where they will make most the money)
    Hidden Content
    ----------------------------
    Hidden Content
    -super_ryu/ RyuKid

the 360 for $360. it has a nice ring to it. whats gonna blow is the tax. but yeah, pretty nice price, if you ask me. whether or not i will be able to afford it? thats another story. i just know that the system will kick major ass. it will be the shiz. im so excited.

i think its a good price... it is less than what youd pay for the graphics card running the thing!
    Hidden Content

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

360 WITH the hardrive? thats good, but i heard rumors of up to 500 dollar bundles with the hard drive. I guess they sort of say that with the hard drive, but...im not saying anything till the official word next week.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Quote Originally Posted by super_ryu
    for 60 dollars more we get a HDD and possibly a camera? That's awesome. Awesome to tha max.
    But Alpha I'm pretty sure Microsoft won't be paying that much (1760) on each console. They have business deals/partners, and buy bulk so companies would charge way less. Also I'm sure Bill has a mine of portarican kids at his disposale.
    Even if it somehow costs more than 360, maybe it's some business plan to get people to buy it and buy the games/accesories/software (where they will make most the money)
    Yea, MS isn't paying full price for the components, thier probably spending half that on each console.

Thread Information