Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what do you guys think about the MTV special?

Chilling in Antarctica Sleazy P Martini's Avatar

The show was pure rubbish. Not even worth the bandwith I used downloading. F*ck MTV.

The 360 however......mmmmmmmmm

I know the show could have been better, but I just wanted to see the machine! I also wanted a release date but oh well.

This is MY HOME

xbAWOL

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8243/X...rColony-Video/

I agree, the Our Colony video was a lot better. But hopefully the 360 will sell more now that the MTV crowd is aware of it.

MS know what they are doing... and xbox will be a great hit.
    but in a way i was slightly disapointed with the show, the ourcolony vid was much better.

i was prety dissapointed that the whole show was prety much music... barely a glimpse of the console, and no mention of games... but i have to hand it to MS for the marketing of this product.

the best vid is the one on ourcolony, the LA mtv xbox party was just a music show.
    but hey, im so excited for this thing!
    Hidden Content

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

To the point...

Xbox 360: Holy....WOW

MTV: Sux

People, the mtv show wasn't made for you, it was made for people who enjoy gaming but aren't as hardcore in gaming as we are. Seriously, how many of you watch MTV religiously? Microsoft is doing something they never did when they launched the first Xbox: marketing.

We all knew pretty much everything that was going to be shown because all the stuff was leaked. But what about people who don't scour the net looking for this stuff? That was all new to them, there was good music, pretty lights and celebs... all that they needed to peddle a new generation gaming system on that demographic.

E3 has been, is and always will be the forum to which they cater to us. Just like all of the E3s since 96 or whenever they started, we will learn what we want to know. All I can say is if MS puts as much thought into their Japanese advertising as they did into this MTV show, Sony best watch their asses.

Great point. I heard of the first xbox sort of matter of factly. I bought it because one of the rumors was it could play all games, even PS2. And then I saw in Halo in action. I was hooked.

This is MY HOME

Quote Originally Posted by Kraft
    People, the mtv show wasn't made for you, it was made for people who enjoy gaming but aren't as hardcore in gaming as we are. Seriously, how many of you watch MTV religiously? Microsoft is doing something they never did when they launched the first Xbox: marketing.

We all knew pretty much everything that was going to be shown because all the stuff was leaked. But what about people who don't scour the net looking for this stuff? That was all new to them, there was good music, pretty lights and celebs... all that they needed to peddle a new generation gaming system on that demographic.

E3 has been, is and always will be the forum to which they cater to us. Just like all of the E3s since 96 or whenever they started, we will learn what we want to know. All I can say is if MS puts as much thought into their Japanese advertising as they did into this MTV show, Sony best watch their asses.
    True, true

Or maybe even non-gamers, MS wants ALL kinds of people to have a 360 in their home. Not just gamers

I think it was just another excuse just to get The Killers to play Mr. Brightside. like we all haven't heard that song enough, even though it is a good song.

The "Moderator"

i thought it sucked because we saw it for like 2 seconds
    Hidden Content
    "Banana Scissors"

I saw it for a little longer than three seconds. I saw it for four seconds.
    I got excited nonetheless.

This is MY HOME

I could have done without all the typical MTV BS... the moron gamers, the camera going like crazy, and all of that other stupid stuff.

What was really sickening, was that whole crowd screaming and yelling like a rock concert over a.............game console....................

I can just imagine the pre-production on this one.....

"now..when we come back from commercial, I want you all to scream and holler...chant..clap your hands..act like this is your favorite movie or rock star walking on stage. Camera guy....zoom in on the planted double D cupped hot chick plants we have up front. They know when the light comes on to smile and cup their hands over their mouths in complete shock and awe. Make sure you take the camera and treat it like it was tied to a bungee cord. Audience...over exaggerate every emotion to the tenth power and make Killer actually believe you are in to their music when they play on stage"
    "If there is enough religion to instill war, why isn't there enough to instill tolerance?"

If you guys think the US version sucked ass, you should have seen the version Europe got. They cut ALL game footage except for a small bit of what looked like a PD0 tournament. The only glimpse we got of the console was when that chick walked in with it, when she put it on the table, they cut to the f*cking killers.

Why did they do that?

This is MY HOME

that show sucked. i really couldn't believe how little substance there was. regardless of whether or not i'm a hard core game, and how much i already know about the thing...it was supposed to be the coming out party. i saw two killers songs, and as much as i like them, it had nothing to do with it. i met a bunch of professional gamers, one of whom was an idiot ("they only won by one point, but we're the better team"). elijah wood looked like he was nervous as hell. about the only cool thing was actually seeing the system. what a load of marketing crap that was!
    Hidden Content
    props (not propellers) to thecovenant for the sig

Thread Information